War of Rights : (Maryland Campaign, ACW) FUNDED

Users who are viewing this thread

Header.png

War of Rights is a multiplayer game set during the perilous days of the American Civil War, in the Maryland Campaign of September, 1862. Campfire Games is devoted to presenting the gruesome and glorious elements of the period, while maintaining the highest level of historical accuracy and realism as is possible with the wonders of CRYENGINE.

Players in the game will be able to play on multiple battlefields of the campaign, from the confluence of the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers where the Siege of Harper's Ferry took place, to the ridgelines of South Mountain, and to the meandering waters of Antietam Creek at the Battle of Antietam. Additionally, players will also be able to choose from a list of regiments that fought in each battle as well as what rank to fight as, whether they want to slog it out as a lowly private, or if you want to orchestrate the carnage and mayhem as a major general.

Uniforms and bodily features will all be customizable for other players to see as you march and fight in the lines of battle according to the tactics of the period. As a General, you will operate in your headquarters equiped with a map of the battlefield and constantly receiving reports of friendly and enemy positions. Send out new orders to the regiments to move forward, or fall back - all in real time. The orders will move down the chain of command, to the Colonels, Majors, down to the Captains in charge of the individual regiments, all of whom have the option to follow the orders of their trusted commander, or rebel against his wishes and fight as you see fit.

Each map contains a period reconstruction of the buildings, farms, forests, roads, rocks, and Fancy Flowers that existed so players can fight through the streets of Harper's Ferry, in the wooded heights of Fox's Gap at South Mountain, or in the wheatfields and Bloody Lanes of Antietam. Players can feel the whiz of deadly shot and shell fly by their bodies, or hit their comrades or themselves as they scream in a bloody hail from their wounds. Limbs will fly and blood will be spilt once again as Campfire Games brings the fighting of the Civil War right to the player's computer screen!

Will you heed the Union call against the traitors? Or will you fight to defend your family and livelyhood with the Confederacy? You decide!

Website
Twitter
Facebook

Official blurb out of the way, 'War of Rights' has been in production for roughly three years now. The initial four maps launching will revolve around the 1862 Maryland Campaign of the Confederates, marking Lee's first invasion of the North and signalling one of the turning points in the 'War of Northern Aggression'. These locations include Harper’s Ferry, South Mountain, Antietam and Shepherdstown. This game is being made courtesy of TrustyJam and his team, including Hinkel; the same group who provided the Total War mods 'Blues and Gray' and 'American Civil War'.

The website stocks all of the relevant information and media updates, however here are a selection of images from the developers because eye-candy. These are all screenshots taken from the Antietam battlefield.

Updates have been provided monthly in the form of 'Field Updates'. They can be found in the list below with a description for the contents of each:

I've been looking forward to this ever since Hinkel announced that he was working with them on it. Great to see how far it's come. I'll definitely be supporting the Kickstarter, and hopefully it will be a great success.

Might get this.
I just love it how BCoF announced it's alpha testing right now, after years of no blogs or updates.

Coincidence? I think not.

ThegnAnsgar said:
I've been looking forward to this ever since Hinkel announced that he was working with them on it. Great to see how far it's come. I'll definitely be supporting the Kickstarter, and hopefully it will be a great success.
Have to say, I've been looking into this only because I recognize the name Hinkel. I don't know the guy but I think he might have worked on North & South or something. I don't know what he's done or is doing but for some reason my memory insists on Hinkel being a good guy. Perhaps he planted this idea in my head, inception stuff.

Anyways, I'll probably see how the KS is like, a bit short on money with my sister's wedding happening in the weekend but I still might back it, if only for the silly name.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
You lot are making me feel sad and possibly quite bad. I think most of the Lucky Dogs will be pushing for the Confederates.  :facepalm:  :razz:
Who in their right minds would like the Confederacy? It's just wrong on every level. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom