War hounds

Do you want war hounds in the game?

• Yes

Votes: 106 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 52 32.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah I think we need war dogs. I'm not sensitive about it, as some seem to be based on their above messages. It's a real thing that happened, so it makes sense, but it's in a video game so we need to separate our dislike of something to determine if it would be a cool feature in a video game. Remember: we have slaves in Mount & Blade, no one said "no" to that :wink: .

Great suggestion OP.

I'm not sure I get why you're bent out of shape about dogs trained for war. Guard dogs and cats would probably be a castle upgrade if anything.

I just hate fighting bands of quick, small and suicidally brave mammals in games. No deeper reason, I just find those fights annoying. I won't die or rage quit if someone brings their dog to battle and animals with varying castle functions could be interesting.

I just hate fighting bands of quick, small and suicidally brave mammals in games. No deeper reason, I just find those fights annoying. I won't die or rage quit if someone brings their dog to battle and animals with varying castle functions could be interesting.

Well you could always mod them out. If you don't like them. Or maybe we get wardogs as a mod, since they are probably dogs already in the game

I would love more diverse units in general. So I would also love to see some wardogs, as long as they are somewhat limited as a spacial unit.
Not every Bandit group should have some trained, suicidal dogs that attack you.

So Taleworlds seem bent on making this a pseudo historical game and historically dogs were bred and used for war. However they seldom took up roles in the actual fighting instead being used as guard dogs and early warning systems for an army while they were camped. This isnt to say that no dogs were ever used as an attacking unit there are reports of dogs being sent in to break enemy lines before cavalry were sent in.

In terms of Bannerlord and how I personally think they should be used, I think each faction should use dogs differently, Battanians should use dogs aggressively given their preference for ambush tactics while the Empire, being more focused on formation and even application of force, should be more conservative of their dogs using them as guards. Honestly, to me this just gives Taleworlds a new way to tell us something about each of the factions and lords. Like it would be neat if there were no dialogue telling us someone didnt care about animals where as another lord did by just giving them or restricting them from taking animals in battle

Dog is a man's best friend. Hound as companion in village (or somewhere) would be nice.
What? No cat is mans best friends, dogs are just yay Sayers following you around like a cult leader, cats tell you when your outfit looks ugly or that you need to get your **** together, by that look they give, thats true friendship.

Apparently Hogs have mobility & charge damage values, so maybe that implies that a framework for War Hounds are in. Like even if it's not actually in the game, possibly it would be relatively simple to mod in?

Apparently Hogs have mobility & charge damage values, so maybe that implies that a framework for War Hounds are in. Like even if it's not actually in the game, possibly it would be relatively simple to mod in?

Hogs? Cry havoc and let loose the incendiary pigs!

:xf-grin:

Dog companions would be awesome and maybe you can equipet with some armor and have a skill tree like normal companions, but center in tracking/spotting , hunt(supplys) and decresing the possibility to die in battle(because your dog guards your body)
hqdefault.jpg

Play fetch w/ yr dog in camp to raise Thrown Weapon stat
Rub belly rub dogg belly
Talk abt yr dog w/ maidens to raise relationship
Enter yr dog in dog fight tournament 4 renown in criminal gangs

(waiting for yr job offer TW what gives?????)

I wouldn't mind having warhounds, but I'd like them to be useful. I remember you could have a dog in VC and God almighty, they were more useless than my cat.

Back
Top Bottom