SP Musket Era War Getting Worse Beta 2.20

What would you like to see improved or added?

• Improved Troops

Votes: 186 29.5%
  • Improved Items

Votes: 106 16.8%
  • Additional Features

Votes: 252 40.0%
  • Other (Please Post a Comment)

Votes: 18 2.9%
  • Balanced

Votes: 68 10.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, I just wanted to tell that I really like this mod and hope that the development will continue. Cheers!  :grin:

DaReaperZ said:
Is this mod still alive? It seems amazing. The only complaint I have so far is that the camera is stuck after you die in a battle.

I'm also a huge fan of this mod, great work on it!
Awesome new units and items, and I actually love how the economy was changed; it makes the early game trading much more realistic and challenging.

I had the same complaint about the death cam though, so I found a way to get that working. I haven't hit any big bugs yet *fingers crossed*
Here's how:

1. Download and install the Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment mod port for WFaS from here: http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwithfireandsword/mods/3434/

2. Navigate to the module folder, probably C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade With Fire and Sword\Modules\PreBattle O&D

3. Copy the following files from here and add or overwrite the same files in the War Getting Worse module folder (make backups first?)
actions.txt
conversation.txt
menus.txt
meshes.txt
mission_templates.txt
presentations.txt
quick_strings.txt
scripts.txt
simple_triggers.txt
strings.txt
\Resource\Papas_Community_Animations.brf
\Resource\pbod_resources.brf
\Textures\newflags.dds

4. Open up module.ini in your War Getting Worse folder and add these two lines to the bottom of it:
load_mod_resource = Papas_Community_Animations
load_mod_resource = pbod_resources

5. Select War Getting Worse from the M&B loader and enjoy your new death cam and bonus pre-deployment features (need tactics skill of 2 for those, mod options in camp menu)

Note: I'm not sure that all of these files are needed for the death cam to work, but I'm also not sure which aren't, so I just went for all of them. And not sure if the module.ini can just be copied, but I played it safe and edited in the lines.
While the pre-battle orders and troop selection do work, some of the other features for PBOD do not, like the extra formations and the horse whistling etc (at least for me), but that probably isn't such a bad thing because apparently a lot of these features were bugged anyway when it was ported over to WFaS from Warband.

Now I just need to get that sweet classical music from Napoleonic Wars plugged in and I'm basically playing NW singleplayer! Enjoy!

creag said:
DaReaperZ said:
Is this mod still alive? It seems amazing. The only complaint I have so far is that the camera is stuck after you die in a battle.

I'm also a huge fan of this mod, great work on it!
Awesome new units and items, and I actually love how the economy was changed; it makes the early game trading much more realistic and challenging.

I had the same complaint about the death cam though, so I found a way to get that working. I haven't hit any big bugs yet *fingers crossed*
Here's how:

1. Download and install the Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment mod port for WFaS from here: http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwithfireandsword/mods/3434/

2. Navigate to the module folder, probably C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade With Fire and Sword\Modules\PreBattle O&D

3. Copy the following files from here and add or overwrite the same files in the War Getting Worse module folder (make backups first?)
actions.txt
conversation.txt
menus.txt
meshes.txt
mission_templates.txt
presentations.txt
quick_strings.txt
scripts.txt
simple_triggers.txt
strings.txt
\Resource\Papas_Community_Animations.brf
\Resource\pbod_resources.brf
\Textures\newflags.dds

4. Open up module.ini in your War Getting Worse folder and add these two lines to the bottom of it:
load_mod_resource = Papas_Community_Animations
load_mod_resource = pbod_resources

5. Select War Getting Worse from the M&B loader and enjoy your new death cam and bonus pre-deployment features (need tactics skill of 2 for those, mod options in camp menu)

Note: I'm not sure that all of these files are needed for the death cam to work, but I'm also not sure which aren't, so I just went for all of them. And not sure if the module.ini can just be copied, but I played it safe and edited in the lines.
While the pre-battle orders and troop selection do work, some of the other features for PBOD do not, like the extra formations and the horse whistling etc (at least for me), but that probably isn't such a bad thing because apparently a lot of these features were bugged anyway when it was ported over to WFaS from Warband.

Now I just need to get that sweet classical music from Napoleonic Wars plugged in and I'm basically playing NW singleplayer! Enjoy!

Thanks for giving this tutorial, I hope it helps some people.

Is this mod still alive, I love the bayoneted muskets. IMO they were very necessary adn I'd love to see this thing getting more attention. cheers and keep it ip

FTorres said:
Is this mod still alive, I love the bayoneted muskets. IMO they were very necessary adn I'd love to see this thing getting more attention. cheers and keep it ip

I better way to put it, is that I am still alive as for the mod I am a busy man.

Nice mod, really adds to the game! By the way, is there any troop tree out there? I can't find any troops that actually wear bayoneted muskets, it seems that I'm the only person who ever wields it  :???:

Duck Hunter said:
Nice mod, really adds to the game! By the way, is there any troop tree out there? I can't find any troops that actually wear bayoneted muskets, it seems that I'm the only person who ever wields it  :???:

Swedish Grenadiers have them.

FTorres said:

If you think they are necessary you know nothing of this era. They simply didn't exist at the time. Might as well put them in a medieval game, eh? :smile:

YourStepDad said:
FTorres said:

If you think they are necessary you know nothing of this era. They simply didn't exist at the time. Might as well put them in a medieval game, eh? :smile:

Plug bayonets were just starting to make an appearance in France. They may not of been out east yet but they did exist.

Removing the Henry rifle was a mistake. Also i have noticed that my Bayoneted wheellock musket looks like a Martin Henry rifle.

Also, does anyone know where i can get a good weapon mod? Like Henry rifle or some other fun weapon?

ModestyBlaise said:
Removing the Henry rifle was a mistake. Also i have noticed that my Bayoneted wheellock musket looks like a Martin Henry rifle.

Also, does anyone know where i can get a good weapon mod? Like Henry rifle or some other fun weapon?

They have just been renamed.

I have only one problem with this mod. All the new cool items that are listed in the description are unfortunatley nowhere to be found. I have found one bayoneted wheellock musket and one kings sword. That is all. And i have searched markets all over the map.

ModestyBlaise said:
I have only one problem with this mod. All the new cool items that are listed in the description are unfortunatley nowhere to be found. I have found one bayoneted wheellock musket and one kings sword. That is all. And i have searched markets all over the map.

They do need time to spawn in, and they're no more common than any of the other items.

I was looking around forums for mod and find out you have something i really wanted.
"No item lose when defeated"
Can you share me just this part of the mod hopefully? Thank you

Fire_and_Blood said:
That should be easy to fix:

Open module_game_menus
-search for :
(call_script, "script_loot_player_items", "$g_enemy_party"),
-delete it

I failed to find anything like that :sad: Can you give full directory of that file?

bloodyspace said:
Fire_and_Blood said:
That should be easy to fix:

Open module_game_menus
-search for :
(call_script, "script_loot_player_items", "$g_enemy_party"),
-delete it

I failed to find anything like that :sad: Can you give full directory of that file?

Here is a direct link to the download: Click Me

Thank you Fire_and_Blood for responding.

Back
Top Bottom