War Declaration Volatility

Users who are viewing this thread

So I am on 3.1. About the first thing I noticed in Gekokujo from the time I became a Mercenary for the Hojo is the volatility of war declarations  :grin: I later became a vassal and I saw the Hojo fighting simulatenously the Takeda, the Date and the Satake. They were REALLY hitting us hard, there was no village unlooted, those guys took within a matter of days about 3-4 castles and most of our lords troops were decimated to only a fraction of their earlier size. Then in a move of huge-ballness Great Lord Hojo turns around and declares war on the Satomi and the Uesugi LOL. I thought he must be absolutely insane :grin: this went on and on and on, and the same with the other clans as well of course.

The other day I played "Fires of War" I am sure many of you know the mod. Very nicely done also, unfortunately no diplomacy and freelancer included. But I noticed that - playing for the Athenai - the faction took weeks and weeks of effort to totally eradicate the Lacedaimon without a single other war declaration. Then 2 days after the Lacedaimon were totally crushed the faction leader declared war on Thrace. I thought this way was really a systematic kind of approach. It seemed nearly hard scripted.

So I guess my question is - me not being a Warband modder - is that a diplomacy thing where war declarations are more volatile ( I think its at times a little much in Gekokujo but on the other hand the japanese clans weren't exactly friendly and predictable towards each other - which kinda fits the setting) or was this specifically introduced in Gekokujo or the other way around was this kind of "diplomatic stability" a feature in Fires of War? I didn't play native for a long time so I don't have a comparison there  :oops:

Anyway I am quite curious about this. Thanks in advance!

IIRC some people complained about clans not warring enough back in the 2.x days, so phlpp adjusted it on 3.0 from which it carried into 3.1. But it´s usually rare that a clan remains at war with more than 3 other clans at the same time. Whenever a IWW-like event happens clans usually sign truces in a matter of days thus not affecting gameplay much.

Also wars between clans that cannot really reach themselves (Oda-Otomo, Mori-Nanbu...) won´t make much of a difference.

Ok! Thanks a lot, so this is more Gekokujo specific. Well I see it quite a lot that they are really overdoing it, and when you think they really have enough trouble they declare war again. I don't see it constantly but quite a lot. Thanks for clarification!

Back
Top Bottom