SP - General Want to remove some 'crafted weapons' from game.

Users who are viewing this thread

This game remembers everything I crafted.
Such as 'Crafted one handed sword' I made them as practices.
Traders are sell these crafted weapons. Even they are not good qualities even I smelted them before so there are no originals.
And some failed weapons changed to the winning prizes of big matches.

Please allow players to decide
1) maintain the crafted item in game or remove the item when after crafted and before name the item
(if choose remove, the item and data of the item will be discarded)
2) publish the item or not
(if choose not publishing, the item will not be appeared as the winning prizes or traders good)

Looking into the cheat menu, there are 100 of basically identical "Crafted 2 handed maces" (because unlocking parts is such a grind) stored in my savefile.
It bloats up my filesize.
Remove them from the savefile if they get disassebled.
They should only appear as tornament rewards if they are in the towns inventory.

Looking into the cheat menu, there are 100 of basically identical "Crafted 2 handed maces" (because unlocking parts is such a grind) stored in my savefile.
It bloats up my filesize.
Remove them from the savefile if they get disassebled.
They should only appear as tornament rewards if they are in the towns inventory.
If I create a crafted weapon and disassemble it right away, are you saying it permanently is somehow still stored in the game currently? Or only when it's sold to a town/caravan?

I'd really hate to have to only use smithing for making crafting materials rather then selling crafted weapons.

Last edited:
If I create a crafted weapon and disassemble it right away, are you saying it permanently is somehow still stored in the game currently? Or only when it's sold to a town/caravan?

I'd really hate to have to only use smithing for making crafting materials rather then selling crafted weapons.
Yes!
Enter cheat mode and open your inventory. On the left side where you normally discard items are all items in the game, including everything you ever crafted. (Items from crafting orders do not get stored)
For me there are at least two pages of "Carfted twohanded mace" (that I smelted).

If a dev sees this, PLS fix.

Yes!
Enter cheat mode and open your inventory. On the left side where you normally discard items are all items in the game, including everything you ever crafted. (Items from crafting orders do not get stored)
For me there are at least two pages of "Carfted twohanded mace" (that I smelted).

If a dev sees this, PLS fix.
I'll have to test this out on a new game. If that's true that sucks! It basically will punish you for crafting weapons and probably increases your chance of save corruption.

I just tested it on a new game did a npc weapon order and now a crafted item has appeard in the cheat menu list.

So that means it affects the orders as well. I don't know what affect long term this has if any? Maybe slower loading of the save file... eventually?

But 100% it does save these for some reason even if you smelt it right after.

I'll have to test this out on a new game. If that's true that sucks! It basically will punish you for crafting weapons and probably increases your chance of save corruption.
Yes, it works that way.

Gets more fun with the mod "My little warparty" when you have pages of crap to scroll through. On the upside it means you can use your crafted weapons to equip troops in that mod.

Still, I would also like to have a garbage collection on custom weapons.

Back
Top Bottom