Want to be released from oath... but I want to keep Tihr!

Users who are viewing this thread

Rhineville

Veteran
So my character has had a rocky relationship with authority. I started out as swadian, but what the king refused to gift me a town when I took TWO for him on my own with 70- troops, I rebelled. I quickly became a vassal of King Graveth and the Rhodoks to avoid retaliation. I kept Tihr with me and I was happy for a time. All I wanted was a single city to get revenue and station my troops.

Well now after the Vaegirs are dead and the Nords are on the edge of death (though there are no more wars at the moment) I wanted to fight with the Nords. What do I want to keep of course through the transition? TIHR! But of course, when I ask graveth to be released I no longer own it. Even if there WAS a war going on and I could take a castle, ask for it to be given to me, and then rebel once I was refused, I don't want any more lands. It's just extra hassle to stock them full of troops, watch over fiefs and pay more wages.

Is there any way to be let go from a faction while still keeping your lands?

EDIT: I just thought of something. What if I gather all of my troops (I've edited the scripts so I can hold more) get released from my oath, and as soon as the town has a new owner, I seige it? then quickly offload my troops as a garrison, Run to the Nord king and offer myself? Would that work?

Just take a castle, rebel from the faction then, and then leave it empty imo... you'll keep Tihr with a simpler fight. Resieging Tihr works as well.

The great thing about betraying factions is you keep every single thing you own when you pledge a new oath. Of course this can sometimes leave you feeling weird when you cut down your old "friends" on the battlefield and they say things like "Oh I liked you so much I wish it didn't come to this..."  :cry: And then you stick a sword in their face and giggle.

Rhineville said:
Even if there WAS a war going on and I could take a castle...
You can take castles even when not at war, just attack a caravan, a lord party, or a peasant party of the kingdom you want to attack to get your relation with them to negative numbers. You will then be able to siege their holdings even when your faction is not officially at war with them.

Sorry for not replying, I went back into my game and found that it had auto saved AFTER I found out that Tihr was no longer mine. I was fuming because...

I only had 40 soldiers in my party when I went to Graveth to renounce my oath, and inside the glittering walls of Tihr there was a slimey Rhodok lord who had full command of the now 500+ troops inside, including over 50 nord huscarls and nearly 200 swadian knights Needless to say reconquering that city against my own top-tier troops that I had raised from recruits was by far the most infuriating and bloody events in my mount and blade experience.

But Tihr is mine again, I'm building up my army and garrison again and I'm with the Nords now. The Rhodoks are now in a war with the nords and the Khergit, the latter having the most towns and the largest army numerically. they will pay.

Back
Top Bottom