Resolved Wanderers are getting assigned to wrong formations

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:Wanderers with horses are getting assigned to infantry formations, only way to prevent them is making them lead the cavalry groups, otherwise theyre getting assigned to wrong formations.
How to Reproduce: Play a battle with 6+ companions
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

I notice the same. The game does not use 'horse yes/no' to decide if a companion in battle is infantry or cavalry. It might use something like 'is athletics higher than riding'. Because of this, some horseriding companions get put in the infantry formation. I never saw the opposite.

Its the same if you make companions archers or horse archers. They will be spread out to infantry or cavalry formation. The game reads their loadout properly because you can open another formation of their type, fill it, then cancel the formation, putting them in the correct troop type formation. Though its annoying having to do that for every field battle

Also happens to party leaders in armies...

E.g. Have your brother or sister lead a party mounted on horseback. If they're not captains, they'll always be mixed in with infantry(1) in the army. Even if they're kitted out as horse archers

I also have this issue vanilla on PC, however there is a workaround as mentioned above.

Wanderers with bows or on horseback get auto assigned to infantry no matter their equipment loadout, unless they are leading that formation in which case they'll stay in the formation they've been assigned to lead. The non-leaders will revert back into infantry for the next battle. My current game has no wanderer cavalry so I'll describe the archer issue.

For example in an army with me on horseback 18 archer troops and 3 wanderers equipped with bows (21 archers), 26 infantry troops and 2 spear/axe/shield equipped wanderers (28 infantry) the wanderers with bows not assigned as archery formation leader will be standing in the infantry formation and show in the infantry counter. On the archers formation they will show as missing 19/21.

Formation 1 = Infantry 30 28/28
Formation 2 = Archers 19 19/21

Workaround :

If I open then close up a new formation of archers it will assign the incorrectly assigned wanderer archers into formation 2. A pain but a fix.

My forum account is too new for images, I have screenies which I can pop in if you need once my account is old enough.

I also have this issue vanilla on PC, however there is a workaround as mentioned above.

Wanderers with bows or on horseback get auto assigned to infantry no matter their equipment loadout, unless they are leading that formation in which case they'll stay in the formation they've been assigned to lead. The non-leaders will revert back into infantry for the next battle. My current game has no wanderer cavalry so I'll describe the archer issue.

For example in an army with me on horseback 18 archer troops and 3 wanderers equipped with bows (21 archers), 26 infantry troops and 2 spear/axe/shield equipped wanderers (28 infantry) the wanderers with bows not assigned as archery formation leader will be standing in the infantry formation and show in the infantry counter. On the archers formation they will show as missing 19/21.

Formation 1 = Infantry 30 28/28
Formation 2 = Archers 19 19/21

Workaround :

If I open then close up a new formation of archers it will assign the incorrectly assigned wanderer archers into formation 2. A pain but a fix.

My forum account is too new for images, I have screenies which I can pop in if you need once my account is old enough.
I want a fix not a workaround. Tired of trying to apply 20 workarounds for all the different problems there are in the game.

I want a fix not a workaround. Tired of trying to apply 20 workarounds for all the different problems there are in the game.
Its a new game so some bugs are inevitable, it's also far more stable than anything Bethesda ever made so my Bannerlord glass is more than half full. Or maybe that should be goblet.

I just apply the workaround and don't stress about it, it's only a few mouse clicks and it'll get fixed sooner or later.

Its a new game so some bugs are inevitable, it's also far more stable than anything Bethesda ever made so my Bannerlord glass is more than half full. Or maybe that should be goblet.

I just apply the workaround and don't stress about it, it's only a few mouse clicks and it'll get fixed sooner or later.
Dude it was in development for 11 years, and extra 2.5 years in Early Access and thats a game sold for AAA price, stop fanboying and dont bend backwards. Its not a new release, its not a new game, its not an indie priced game and its not Early access anymore, I dont care about whataboutism or what Bethesda did thats not a viable metric to be used, this is TW forums and Im talking about Bannerlord not Skyrim.

Dude it was in development for 11 years, and extra 2.5 years in Early Access and thats a game sold for AAA price, stop fanboying and dont bend backwards. Its not a new release, its not a new game, its not an indie priced game and its not Early access anymore, I dont care about whataboutism or what Bethesda did thats not a viable metric to be used, this is TW forums and Im talking about Bannerlord not Skyrim.
I only play the video games I genuinely enjoy, which is sort of the point. So the whole mad at video games issue is never one that applies to me.

Steam gift, cost me nothing. I like it though or I wouldn't spend any time on it.
How lucky, now imagine paying 60 bucks 2.5 years ago and have the same buggy game after all those years and you have to apply 20+ workarounds just to be able to finish sieges without anyone getting stuck, or apply workarounds to avoid broken formations. And this is a game solely focused on battles and sieges, it cant even do that without bugging out, Im not talking about campaign mechanics, its unrelated. Now I wont flood the bug report more, but as I said, I expect devs to fix it, I dont want to use work arounds or community made mods to fix the product I paid money for.

How lucky, now imagine paying 60 bucks 2.5 years ago and have the same buggy game after all those years and you have to apply 20+ workarounds just to be able to finish sieges without anyone getting stuck, or apply workarounds to avoid broken formations. And this is a game solely focused on battles and sieges, it cant even do that without bugging out, Im not talking about campaign mechanics, its unrelated. Now I wont flood the bug report more, but as I said, I expect devs to fix it, I dont want to use work arounds or community made mods to fix the product I paid money for.
We are not talking about bugging out, we are only talking about clicking an empty formation twice as an easy fix. No biggie for me.

An alternative is to equip your companions with the stuff they need for the formation the game sticks them in, I don't like doing that as I want my surgeons (and any pregnant family) in the back line with the archers. Just a personal immersion thing.

We are not talking about bugging out, we are only talking about clicking an empty formation twice as an easy fix. No biggie for me.

An alternative is to equip your companions with the stuff they need for the formation the game sticks them in, I don't like doing that as I want my surgeons (and any pregnant family) in the back line with the archers. Just a personal immersion thing.
All my mounted companions are getting assigned to infantry formations and it takes quite some time to fine tune the formations before each battle if you have multiple mounted and dismounted companions, that "workaround" isnt ideal for me, I expect this to be fixed as I said as it also effects the AI formations. Its a bug, and I wont be using any workarounds anymore until its officially fixed, you can check the other bug report about AI party formations bugging out as well and its a "biggie" for me. This is a big issue and needs to be addressed and its not an "inevitable bethesda kinda bug". Battles are the only thing this game offers and its buggy. You already made your point, no need to discuss this anymore.

+1

I find troublesome that this issue is not in the Known Issues post, at least not in the Companions part. Hopefully if it is there it will get fixed in the next update?

Thanks in advance.

We were not able to reproduce the issue on the latest internal version of the game. If you are still experiencing this issue please send us a save file so that we can try to reproduce it on our end. Thank you.
Do you have a save file of the session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here: "C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves"
To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click on "My Account" and then click on "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Back
Top Bottom