Resolved Wanderer skills and levels are set to "0" in 1.4.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Avareee

Sergeant at Arms
Hi,

Some others and me have encountered an issue, and don't know whether it was a wanted change or was done unintentionally.

So I run a selfmade mod of 48 Wanderers with backstories and such, and it worked just fine till 1.4.3.
On that gameversion the skills I have set for the wanderers are automatically set to "0" when starting a new game.

Note: When I give them pre-made skill templates, they do work.

Forwarding this issue to the QA team for further investigation. Thanks for reporting.
I found something "new", I don't know if it is an issue related to the core game and not a mod even though I don't use a mod related to that bug. But the bodyproperities seem to get 'reset' to "skinny" too(of Wanderers only). Even if they are just set to the default 0.5 weight/build.

And thanks for the quick response! :smile:

The issue is due to a change in method arguments in TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem > CharacterObject
Method: CreateFrom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
private static Hero CreateNewHero(CharacterObject template, int age = -1)
{
CharacterObject newCharacter = CharacterObject.CreateFrom(template, true); <-- Right here is the problem
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The CharacterObject CreateFrom method was changed in 1.4.3 to include an option to ignore traits and skills, seems that was set to true accidentally during hero creation, which is why all companions lack traits or have 0 skill values

I've already made a mod to test this and confirmed this is the cause

Back
Top Bottom