Wanderer/companion amount?

Users who are viewing this thread

So i have multiple saves and in each i have different amount of wanderers available.
It seams the longer the day count in the game the more wanderers i can meet but i have'nt found out what is the reason in game for increasing available wanderer amount and can all possible wanderers be unlocked?

Yes, the more days that pass the more wanderers there are. I know the exact mechanism has been described with some detail elsewhere if you search around. Now that there's aging and death in battle, I think you can expect the total number of wanderers to plateau at some point as new wanderers replace dead ones.

However you can't get very many more companions as time goes by. really it should go up with leadership or stewardship. Hell even trade because the best thing you can do with companions is have them out there in the land working for you either as their own a war bands or running caravans. And having three or four caravans while great is not that fantastic in the long run. Now if you could have 10 running around in a couple warbands supporting you it would be the beginnings of you starting your own empire. You would be much less dependent on the existing lords and the land and would be able to build a kingdom from scratch

best thing you can do with companions is have them out there in the land working for you either as their own a war bands
Except them raiding villages and decreasing long and hard earned relations with the village elders.

Companions either should be tought not to raid villages, or the relation penalty should not be brought on our main character.

Last edited:
Companions either should be tought not to raid villages, or the relation penalty should not be brought on our main character.

This is a good idea and - I think - one that has been implemented in mods. Personally, I'd like to see this as a conversation option next to "Let me inspect your troops." It would be great if I could tell my party leaders what to do so they can focus on their strengths (e.g. high banditry companions could raid, high engineering could siege, fast-moving scouts could protect caravans, etc.)

Now if you could have 10 running around in a couple warbands supporting you it would be the beginnings of you starting your own empire. You would be much less dependent on the existing lords and the land and would be able to build a kingdom from scratch

I spent a few months playing this with the True Limits or Tweaks mods just so I could have a larger stable of companions, like I did in Warband, VC, and Pendor. Unfortunately, I found it to be difficult to micromanage anything more than 8 companions when it came to equipping them, leveling them, and hunting them down after they were captured.

This is a good idea and - I think - one that has been implemented in mods. Personally, I'd like to see this as a conversation option next to "Let me inspect your troops." It would be great if I could tell my party leaders what to do so they can focus on their strengths (e.g. high banditry companions could raid, high engineering could siege, fast-moving scouts could protect caravans, etc.)
Sadly the mod that let's you control clan parties doesn't work after 1.5.3.

Except them raiding villages and decreasing long and hard earned relations with the village elders.

It’s the clans reputation, not the individuals, so that part makes sense.

But it’d be nice to have a list of orders:

What kind of tr you should favor

What their main task is (recruit for garrions, hunt bandits, hunt enemy generals, improve clan relations with notables, raid villages, join armies etc)

Where they should be doing this (Kingdom, your clan lands, edge of enemy territory, deep in enemy territory)

Essentially, 3-4 question of what how we want them to lean. They should still have personality (some lords can’t resist sacking a town, or hunting bandits, or attacking a caravan) but we can at least influence these decisions a bit in the preferred direction.

I don’t know how hard this would be to code in

Back
Top Bottom