W+W for cav. Bumps and damage from horses with 0 speed, and slooooow inf spears

Users who are viewing this thread

How to make game balanced
1)Just delete this insta W+W for cav that gives them +10000 speed in 0,0001 sec
2) Decrease time that you lying on the ground after cav bumps - feels like my characker is summo guy 150 kg (or make that time less for light armored classes)
3)Make armored classes more durable for cav bumps
4)Delete this 1 damage every time horse touch you with 0 speed , it feels like it bite your charachter otherwise i cant explain from what i get this 1 dmg
5)Increase spear attack spead for inf
Game balanced

Just for devs ,If they sometimes read threads - Is it so hard to change some characteristic for weapons, classes and horses or you just realise that you ****ed up with multiplayer and give a **** about it

Nah, buffing spears in any way other than making them more anti-cav will bring back spear meta, which was cancer
I was much more enjoi cancer jav/spear meta rather what i have from game now. Even that time cav could made big impact on game. Spears mostly time useless even in clan wars where players are organized. In common skirmish it even more useless, so ill be happy if it will b usefull in inf to inf fight

suggestion: a pilum to horses LEGS shouldn't be a tickle but be destroying
Not necessary, you already one shot in the head. It could do with working even if the cavalry is stationary though, you can avoid one hit kills if you come to a stop quickly enough when someone throws at you... it's part of another problem.

Spears still do bonus damage to heads, combine this with the speed increase that cav gets and it's easy to hit someone for the full 100hp. I'm a pretty terrible cav player but it's very easy to outplay most spearmen, just approaching slowly, W+W once they have thrusted and thrust for the 70+ damage hit. Even if he hits you it doesn't do 70 damage because he cannot possibly hit your head from the angle you are coming at him. Spears on foot should get the bonus damage against cav and their rider to compensate.

I think buffing spears in general wouldn't be a good idea either, but damage against horses in close combat should be increased significantly. Hits with either swords/axes/maces or spears are doing close to nothing against horses in short range right now, but that's where infantry actually should have an advantage over cav and should be able to punish cav for getting too close to them.

Spears need to bounce less from cav and that is all. If people actually used them, they would find out they're functional anti-cav weapons even now, with less random bounces they'd be in a great spot. They should NOT, by any means, be buffed in inf vs inf combat, they are already strong enough as a support weapon and in a very good spot as they are regarding that. I never want to see beta spear/melee jav spam again.

Every 1h weapon should damage horses like the khuzait mace does and then that problem would also be solved.

Toooo be faaair that was also when shield bashing was ****ing broken too. I would be willing to test spears being able to hit earlier in their animation again because it's wonky af still.
You can't buff spears until you add the stun from a blocked stab, a basic mechanic from Warband which completely fixed several balancing issues (including cav). No idea why this has still not been added.

To avoid spear meta we would need a new mechanic like knocking weapons out of opponent's hands. That way we can drop their spear in inf vs inf battles and they'd have to resort to the secondary, a knife/short sword. Without those weaknesses I do agree that it will be annoying to deal with people spearing you while you're trying to spar with someone (I was the guy spearing people, it was fun ngl). The better range weapons have the more annoying they become (two handed weapons are very guilty of this as well). The best thing about the spear meta was that there was something to counter the menavlion infantry and other two-handed, so in that sense it was enjoyable. I do miss it. Now it's just two-handed meta, but nobody cares about that because they like using two-handeds and one-shotting people I guess.

You can't buff spears until you add the stun from a blocked stab, a basic mechanic from Warband which completely fixed several balancing issues (including cav). No idea why this has still not been added.
Yeah literally no one will disagree with that. I can't remember about whether that happened from horseback on Warband too, but that would be nice as well once the shield blocking cones are fixed.

Yeah literally no one will disagree with that. I can't remember about whether that happened from horseback on Warband too, but that would be nice as well once the shield blocking cones are fixed.
The stun was longer (it was based on something like weapon weight or something, and cav lances were heavier).

First point:
I’m sorry, but tournament elite players should’ve gave a “fair” feedback for spears balancing instead of using the word nerf nerf & nerf...
I don’t blame u guys, it was a fair nerf but it was lacking an overall feedback.

Second point:
The devs are 100% responsible for the current state of spears

Third point:
I understand that there are players who sees spears on their perspective,
As a support anti cav weapon (apparently the devs vision also)
But u guys are thinking mechanically to keep that “perfect balance” that will never exist, instead of giving the player a variety of options to play the game and have fun. Weather by restricting the spears to have a proper combat mechanic or suggesting that only cav class should ride horses.
None sense... and its killing the fun from the game.

Fourth point:
Sorry if i was aggressive, but i see people forget what makes the game fun, and jumping with tale worlds false vision of e-sporting the game for mp

Take my opinion with salt, i want to have fun not winning dead tournaments

The issue is devs implement about 10% of the feedback. It's not "fun" for a weapon to be the best choice for all engagements and incredibly easy to use with no punishment, at either the top level or the casual, so it needed a nerf, as you say, but it also needed other tweaks. Some can be taken from Warband (such as ability to side swing, the more binary nature of rearing cav, and the mini-stun upon block), some can be new.

We never see these more ambitious overhauls unfortunately, presumably due to lack of time on the dev's part, or lack of intent.

The issue is devs implement about 10% of the feedback. It's not "fun" for a weapon to be the best choice for all engagements and incredibly easy to use with no punishment, at either the top level or the casual, so it needed a nerf, as you say, but it also needed other tweaks. Some can be taken from Warband (such as ability to side swing, the more binary nature of rearing cav, and the mini-stun upon block), some can be new.

We never see these more ambitious overhauls unfortunately, presumably due to lack of time on the dev's part, or lack of intent.
i agree with u, spears from warband is the way to go
i was talking to the people who suggests all the restrictions & the un-immersive rules

Back
Top Bottom