W+W acceleration seems to do nothing after certain armour threshold

Users who are viewing this thread

The title says it all, I did some tests and it seems the difference with W+W and without is either zero or negligible, I don't think the extra armour makes it worth sacrificing acceleration as of now.

What do you mean in your last words? Are you saying with extra armor this happens so this does not happen when you have lighter armor aka like a nomad from khuzait.
Yes, it only happens if you pass a certain amount of armour value, with less armour it's not the case. With the same mamluk class if you take agile perk horse acceleration is noticeable, but with barding perk you get what's on the videos.

Yes, it only happens if you pass a certain amount of armour value, with less armour it's not the case. With the same mamluk class if you take agile perk horse acceleration is noticeable, but with barding perk you get what's on the videos.
Hey since this thread covers a lot of topics I’ll give you some updates on the combat related things we are working on, many of which we announced a while ago in the “Plans For MP” thread, or in responses throughout the forum. Many of which won't come with the next beta but sometime after that.

We will do some sort of testing with you for these changes before putting them live, but I can't say yet when and how it will happen. Everything below is subject to change, especially with the test feedback we are hoping to gather for it.
  • Increasing the spear damage window
  • Fixing horse team damage (this will actually allow for teammates to rear friendly horses)
  • Reduced turn speed for infantry (while attacking)
  • Increasing infantry speed + acceleration (same degree as for skirmishers)
  • Decreasing the WW and SS ability (check below)
  • Adjusting shield hitboxes in melee to be wider for wrong direction blocks
  • And some things regarding the blocking system and stuns (which I can't share details for yet)
About cav
I agree with decreasing cav top speeds and accelerations. We are definitely looking into it, same goes for adjusting couch lance effectiveness.

Talking of speed, we will decrease the effectiveness of double tapping WW and SS, for heavier horses. It will be slightly affected by the horse weight, but mostly by the barding weight. We made it so that no class will have a better WW and SS ability than they currently do. It will basically only affect heavy horse classes and if you chose the barding perk.

nzxWm.png

When pressing SS with a catapharct vs nomad

About throwing spears
We will keep them in the game but make the trade off bigger, probably by removing all javelins from the skirmisher if the chose the throwing spear perk. It will go hand in hand with the skill perk changes that will encourage troops to stick with their special weapons (but not forcing it).

I am not trying to shut this discussion down. It's of great help to us as many of the points above have resulted from the feedback you gave us. It would be great to shift the discussion to things that you believe are missing in the list above.
It was @NIN3 who was playing with those parameters. If it is still so. Maybe he has a better explanation for it. or maybe it was a bug that passed to other patches like swing speed perks was normally deleted but passed to 1.6.3 by mistake then reverted.

It was @NIN3 who was playing with those parameters. If it is still so. Maybe he has a better explanation for it. or maybe it was a bug that passed to other patches like swing speed perks was normally deleted but passed to 1.6.3 by mistake then reverted.
What I think happened is that this change was done in SP and applied in MP (hence it is under the header "both" in the patch notes). But that they didn't check the balance in MP as they just copied-pasted it and forgot to check for the differences.

In SP you have more riding skill and whatever other skills which are absent in MP which leads to the inconsistency, a simple tweak for MP should fix it, I guess. The penalty is too high IMO ATM as heavy cav just feels a bit too "slow".

Ill go and check it. But yeah the idea is the heavier the horse, the slower your WW is. Still I can see an immediate benefit of using the WW there, since it moves your horse slightly more forward than just pressing W, but then loses out a little when accelerating to full speed. I actually think that's a ok tradeoff, but still I am gonna check this. It shouldn't just stand still and slide.

Ill go and check it. But yeah the idea is the heavier the horse, the slower your WW is. Still I can see an immediate benefit of using the WW there, since it moves your horse slightly more forward than just pressing W, but then loses out a little when accelerating to full speed. I actually think that's a ok tradeoff, but still I am gonna check this. It shouldn't just stand still and slide.
Thank you for the response.

The animation seemingly ceases to occur after a certain weight threshold. Nevertheless, it is hard to say whether there is a speed bonus from the WW in that case. I believe there should be (slightly)

The animation seemingly ceases to occur after a certain weight threshold. Nevertheless, it is hard to say whether there is a speed bonus from the WW in that case. I believe there should be (slightly)
I believe W+W should give a small dash and a slight speed increase and I don't mind that it's gonna be inversely related to the armour points, however, if it gets the acceleration down to zero or close to zero, to the point it's the same as pressing W once, I think it doesn't make any sense, it just makes W+W a not functional feature.

1000000000000% yes. Where do I pick up my robes, I'm joining the cult of NIN3.

Back
Top Bottom