SP Fantasy [W] Redwall: Vermin Resurgence [Dead]

Users who are viewing this thread

One could always return to it after some things are dealt with in one's personal life. It honestly sounds like its going to gripe at you to abandon this project; even if it has taken an real long ass time to work on.

Hey Mandible, when banner lord will come out maybe you can retry. Id love to help, I want to enter the mod community for the next mount and blade. I can draw and program (In python if needed), tho I'd obviously need to learn banner lord's coding.

A new fresh start may be the thing that will lead the mod to completion.

Trying many times worked well for Hitler  :wink:

This mod would be the reason I'd still play warband once bannerlord comes out. I only have basic module system knowledge for modding, so if you ever need a packrat to do the boring stuff, then I am your slave.

Just stopping by to say hi. I really do appreciate all of you who wished (like me) for this mod to succeed. And thank you also to those who are offering to help. I'm rather busy right now since I just broke into Freelance Art where I make and texture models for REAL MONEY DOLLARS!

Super exciting, and one of the main reasons I've been able to get work is because of all the time I put into improving my skills with this mod. Unfortunately, hobby work takes a back step to actual paid work, so I won't be able to make any promises right now, but I sure would like to revisit this and see how far it can go. Never say never.

Hi Mandible,

Long-time lurker from following the start of this project. I just wanted to say that your work is really inspiring and I'm happy that you've found work as texture artist. Your diligent practice and progress over the years really inspires me to put in the time to grow in my own hobbies.

Since there's a recent post and I wouldn't be necro-ing right now, I just wanted to take this opportunity and say I'm happy for you!

P.S. Also, I THINK i've seen some of your work appear in Guns of Icarus too in the steam workship. Those top-hats are certainly dapper.

kestrel said:
P.S. Also, I THINK i've seen some of your work appear in Guns of Icarus too in the steam workship. Those top-hats are certainly dapper.

Thanks for your kind words. Those ARE indeed my hats. The revenue from the Steam shop isn't much (1/4), but it was good practice and fun to do. You have to wait until you make $100 before you get paid anything, though, and my hats have made $95 to date. Just waiting for those last couple of dollars and I can actually cash out... Definitely not a good hourly wage, but because of the work I've done for free and fun over the last six years, I'm now apparently good enough to earn a perfectly respectable amount doing contract work for an animation software company.  Winning a prize in a contest helps too.

Mandible said:
Just stopping by to say hi. I really do appreciate all of you who wished (like me) for this mod to succeed. And thank you also to those who are offering to help. I'm rather busy right now since I just broke into Freelance Art where I make and texture models for REAL MONEY DOLLARS!

Super exciting, and one of the main reasons I've been able to get work is because of all the time I put into improving my skills with this mod. Unfortunately, hobby work takes a back step to actual paid work, so I won't be able to make any promises right now, but I sure would like to revisit this and see how far it can go. Never say never.

If you ever do pick this back up, you can count on me to voice for it. With a new Audio Technica 4040 microphone at that with Scarlett 2i2 Focusrite Interface.

Loved watching this project develop, and I can't be happier about you finding somebody that will pay for your skills! My only wish is that at some point in the future there will be a legitimate Redwall Mod for Mount and Blade: Warband. Perhaps even, Bannerlord?  :wink:

Apologies to everyone for the fact that all of my images are dead. I hate it when I see this happen when I'm looking at an old post and the images are gone. In this case, it is because photobucket has suddenly ceased its image linking service unless you upgrade to an expensive plan ($400/year!). Disgusting.

I probably won't be taking the time to go through my hundreds of pictures and reuploading them elsewhere, so I guess it will just have to stay dead as a ghost town. Sorry about that.

Mandible said:
Apologies to everyone for the fact that all of my images are dead. I hate it when I see this happen when I'm looking at an old post and the images are gone. In this case, it is because photobucket has suddenly ceased its image linking service unless you upgrade to an expensive plan ($400/year!). Disgusting.

I probably won't be taking the time to go through my hundreds of pictures and reuploading them elsewhere, so I guess it will just have to stay dead as a ghost town. Sorry about that.

Why not share the project OSP?

Well, I would use the assets for personal use, to be honest. If Redwall goes OSP, speaking for myself, I will use most(if not all) to make my personal Redwall Calradia. I will be extremely happy if that is going to be, I love Redwall and I love your work, Mandible, but requesting OSP files for just personal use seems selfish, though.  :smile:

Still, there are fantasy mods out there that will find your things extremely useful.

Mandible said:
I haven't seen any interest in using any of the assets. If someone asks, I would consider making files available.

Just put them online, let people decide what they can do with your assets. Having seen the project source & assets myself, it is valuable. You won't be using them anyway. I did the same for Vyrn, helped good amount of people.

Back
Top Bottom