SP Fantasy [W] Redwall: Vermin Resurgence [Dead]

Users who are viewing this thread

ah yes thanks to Amontadillo for reuploading
as for textures i see the weapons on the fist page were makeshift/stonework so i redid my model to mirror that
since corsairs would not be crafting symetrical weapons. onl sharp weapons that are useful.

this weapon im calling "The Digger Blade"

half shovel/half close quaters basher.
kind of like a beak
hmm this gives me an idea... should i curve the inside of the blade so it kinda folds in on itself??
mmm ehhh
would anyone know how they made those complicated see throgh texturs for the blades ? did the models have the gaps to begin with?

I hope there is a playable fox race.  The Foxes were always my favorite.  And it would be interesting to play as a fox who is a good guy for exchange. 

Amontadillo said:
I may remember wrongly, but wasn't there a fox once who was, if not a good guy, at least not a bad guy?

I think there was at least one "good" beast version, of every vermin in the whole Mythos.

"Good" vermin were incredibly rare in the books. Blaggut, Squire Gingivere and Squire Julian come to mind. Romsca seemed like an alright ferret too.

In the mod, you can join the "goodbeasts" as a vermin creature, but you will have to overcome some trials to get there.

Jezze said:
Quote Contest!

We all know the hints from Native when you start up a new game:

4iQ1z.png

For the mod, we are looking to replace these native 'hints' with sayings/wisdoms/quotes from the Redwall series. We as the Dev Team thought it would be a good idea to ask our fans and followers of the mod to come up with some quotes, wisdoms , sayings or whatever you can think of, that is related to the Redwall series. Examples can be "The more 'otter it is, the more 'otter otters likes it." or as simple as "Eulaliiiaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!."

On the internet you can find a lot of quotes and sayings, but it would be more original if you can come up with your own quote/saying/wisdom from the series. It can be copied straight from the book, come from the TV-series, or from your own mind, use whatever you want.

The quote/wisdom/saying should not be longer than 120 characters. The contest will start today and will end next week Saturday 3rd of November. Eventually the best quotes/wisdoms/sayings will be picked by the Dev Team and be used in the mod. The creators will be credited for their efforts of course.

We wish you the best of luck and look forward yo your entries!

A shame it seems like not many entries were submitted, at least not here in the public thread.  Earlier when you posted this I sent off a link to a particular Redwall community that concentrates on writing fan-lore and stories/literature based on the books.  It doesn't seem like (from the thread and where I posted the link on the site) anyone from there stepped forward -- but wanted to add in my strong recommendation to consider them a possible source of great writing/story/quest to add to the mod.  They have some quality writers and fans who really can write to the lore and even style of the Redwall books... here's one of their most current threads: Legends of Redwall Abbey: Stormhold (Latest post November 14th 2012)

Lots of them may not seem to be gamers, but fan-fic writers (or roleplayers) can be curious creatures... the love of writing and a particular subject can lead to many things... helping write quality content such as quest/npc dialogue or background lore/story for the Redwall: Vermin Resurgence mod may be worth exploring with these folks (if they even want to of course).

Just casting the line out there in case you fellers of the mod ever want to take up this lead.

If you ever give up you should consider releasing this OSP and let people work on it themselves and submit to your their modified versions and simply tell them to quote all their changes in the .py files. And to list them, so your project is done faster. Because a lot of us want to play.

Or release an Alpha version, I mean look at ACOK, that mod is not really that polished yet, but it is out with a lot of features. What's giving you the most trouble on this mod?

Ichaff88 said:
If you ever give up you should consider releasing this OSP and let people work on it themselves and submit to your their modified versions and simply tell them to quote all their changes in the .py files. And to list them, so your project is done faster. Because a lot of us want to play.

Or release an Alpha version, I mean look at ACOK, that mod is not really that polished yet, but it is out with a lot of features. What's giving you the most trouble on this mod?
Giving up is not a current issue at the moment. Biggest problem (for myself) is too make time to work on this. And if people want to have it released sooner, they can volunteer to help.

Yeah, I've never gotten the impression that people are just dying to get their hands on the mod assets so that they can do a bunch of work on it. Very few people are willing to help out in even the smallest of ways. We few will just keep on working away at our own pace and not worry about it too much.

Lately, I have been working on squirrels.

Oh.. well, I watched  the shows it seems like your most important feature would be the complex diplomacy between the animals.

Mandible said:
By "complex diplomacy" do you mean: "The good beasts kill the bad beasts and vice versa"?

Lmao. As a huge fan of the series, I wish your team luck on this project.

Yeah I should have clarified. Mostly between the bad beasts. They always seem to have temporary alliances and tend to back stab each other and squabble among themselves all the time.

Happy-New-Year-2013-Duimschroef.jpg

First off, we would like to wish everyone a happy 2013! We hope everyone will have a nice year, being able to enjoy it in good health!

Some time ago we integrated a blog with our development forums. On this blog we plan to post news, information and other relevant information concerning the Redwall: Vermin Resurgence module in the future.

Of course we will still post information in this topic, most likely a short description of the news with a link to our blog, but since a blog is more clearer than a forum-topic, in which news and information is rather likely to get buried by posts and therefore less accessible for people looking for information, we prefer to use that as our meaning of displaying news and information.

Comments and suggestions are still more than welcome in this topic! It might be that we open our dev forum to the public where you can post suggestions and so forth, which is most likely when a public version has been released.

For now, there is a small entry about the 'race-intro-stories' and Redwall being noticed in a gaming article. You can find our blog: HERE.

Back
Top Bottom