SP Fantasy [W] Redwall: Vermin Resurgence [Dead]

Users who are viewing this thread

Finally got another laptop. My old one of 4 years broke down and after three weeks I managed to get a new one (a modern one with an i3 core). Tonight I will jump back into the modding. Hope I can remember where I left though :razz:.

EDIT: And nice work on those squirrels Mandible!

Dude, This looks amazing. I remember reading the Redwall books when I younger, and loved them!

Your models look amazing and spot on and I didn't even remember reading the book until I saw the screens for the models, So that says you've done a freeking amazing job!

You have a very talented team and it shows in most aspects of your examples. Top notch work! Some more proof that the fan world is better at this stuff! More heart is what is needed in the game world and the huge game companies cant hack it due to staff sizes. If you really love something you do it the best you can, and this certainly no exception!

Lord Griffon

Yep, we're still working. >Tosses some 2d art into the thread<

ULYA5.png

FinnishKnight said:
So was this based of a book series? i think i have seen one of them...

It was indeed a book series. Quite a good one at that, even though it was aimed at children and young teenagers, it is quite entertaining even for adults. Unfortunately the author had an aneurysm in his heart, and went into the hospital, but died because of a heart attack, on February 5th 2011. If you are interested in reading the books, look up the author Brian Jacques, he published 22 books in the Redwall series, although the very last one that he was working on before his death was published posthumously, and an additional 8 books about the Redwall universe which aren't stories, but more like background information into the lore of the world.

It is definitely for a younger audience, but don't let that stop you from enjoying the series if you are interested. If you can get past some of the prose for younger people (given that that was the primary demographic, it's unlikely that the style of prose that adults would understand or be used to, would appeal to tweens and such), it's still an entertaining read. The books also have a fairly large scope in attention to detail, and the fact that anyone could be a hero. And, although you wouldn't expect it in these kinds of novels, no character truly is safe in these books. A lot of major characters die, which can be melancholic, but it makes for something unique in the world of Young Adult fiction.

ThegnAnsgar said:
FinnishKnight said:
So was this based of a book series? i think i have seen one of them...

It was indeed a book series. Quite a good one at that, even though it was aimed at children and young teenagers, it is quite entertaining even for adults. Unfortunately the author had an aneurysm in his heart, and went into the hospital, but died because of a heart attack, on February 5th 2011. If you are interested in reading the books, look up the author Brian Jacques, he published 22 books in the Redwall series, although the very last one that he was working on before his death was published posthumously, and an additional 8 books about the Redwall universe which aren't stories, but more like background information into the lore of the world.

It is definitely for a younger audience, but don't let that stop you from enjoying the series if you are interested. If you can get past some of the prose for younger people (given that that was the primary demographic, it's unlikely that the style of prose that adults would understand or be used to, would appeal to tweens and such), it's still an entertaining read. The books also have a fairly large scope in attention to detail, and the fact that anyone could be a hero. And, although you wouldn't expect it in these kinds of novels, no character truly is safe in these books. A lot of major characters die, which can be melancholic, but it makes for something unique in the world of Young Adult fiction.

I knew it! I saw some of them in my local library

Nice, stuff like that unseen in other mods ! I hope something will be released, I'll definately immerse myself in.

Glad to hear it! While we're on the topic of things other mods rarely do, I've included some custom outer terrains, so that you will be able to see main locations in the distance when you're in nearby scenes.

Here is Redwall Abbey in the distance viewed from the ruins of Saint Ninians.
zBG_d.jpg

Just to be clear, I am not claiming that no mods to this, its just an extra step that not all modders bother with.

Back
Top Bottom