SP Fantasy [W] Redwall: Vermin Resurgence [Dead]

Users who are viewing this thread

Rigging for this mod is a tad more difficult than most, so this is one of the places where our development slows down. We have a lot of modeling done that gets stuck at the rigging stage while we try to figure out how to rig tricky things like tails, as well as the radically different body shapes and proportions of the creatures.

For now, here are some unrigged monitor lizards, which will serve as shock-mercenaries for the corsair faction.

Monitor.jpg
[

Monitor%20Lizards.bmp

Monitor_warrior.jpg

13470826796monitor_preview.jpg

13472512996Tooth_axe.png

13489902456monitor_claw.jpg

Mandible said:
Rigging for this mod is a tad more difficult than most, so this is one of the places where our development slows down. We have a lot of modeling done that gets stuck at the rigging stage while we try to figure out how to rig tricky things like tails, as well as the radically different body shapes and proportions of the creatures.

For now, here are some unrigged monitor lizards, which will serve as shock-mercenaries for the corsair faction.

Monitor.jpg
[

Monitor%20Lizards.bmp

Monitor_warrior.jpg

13470826796monitor_preview.jpg

13472512996Tooth_axe.png

13489902456monitor_claw.jpg

May I ask what form of texture editing software you and your team uses? Please don't say GIMP....

I don't use GIMP (although I don't have any problem with it). My workflow goes like this: Physical sketches with pencil and pen >3D models in WINGS 3D > Textures drawn in Paint Shop Pro.

Mandible said:
I don't use GIMP (although I don't have any problem with it). My workflow goes like this: Physical sketches with pencil and pen >3D models in WINGS 3D > Textures drawn in Paint Shop Pro.

Is Paint Shop Pro a licensing per year type of deal? A lot of people insult me for berrating GIMP, however, each of their most recent versions always makes it increasingly difficult for novices like myself.
They're always changing things, for the worse.

I can't even figure out the version of GIMP used in this tutorial here:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,162501.0.html

You see, I'm having issues because I can't even get the bloody color picker tool to work, so I can't transfer color codes already set into my map for testing purposes. Making it increasingly difficult. Since the map itself will not show.

For the second map, change the land into a uniform color. Next, open your M&BMapEditor file and open editorData. Open MapPallet with GIMP. Use the Color Picker tool and select the Plains colour and copy the color code. Then, open your second map and use the 'Color Exchange' function and change your land to the Plains color. Next, copy the ocean color and do the same for your ocean.

I'm working off of an older pre-corel version of PaintShop Pro. I have used plenty of Photoshop through University, but I simply cannot justify paying $700 for it. I have used PSP for enough years that I know my way around and I have never really felt that I needed anything more. I am not interested in pirating Photoshop, so I'll stick with my PSP for now.

I have never really used GIMP, but I hear it has a lot of features and of course it is also free.

This isn't really the thread for this discussion, however, and I see that you have already started a new thread concerning this issue.

To answer your question Ichaff88, the team members each have their own methods. I personally use gimp, though I share your opinion that the newer versions are a pain in the ass. So I use an old version. I also just got a copy of Photoshop CS2, which adobe is currently giving away.

PSCS2

Most mod team members will have their own methods that are different from person to person. So you may want to ask each individual about their own personal preferences.

(Btw the gimp in that tutorial is probably 2.7 or earlier)

This mod will bring some memories back and it looks as well. Almost feel sorry for you Jezze for making you run up the mountain day by day for nothing :sad:

I have been working on the squirrel archers tied to Redwall Abbey. I still have a bit of work to do on them, but have a look.

abbey_squirrels.jpg

Squirrel bow:
bow%20preview.jpg

http://p3d.in/jmMyw

Nice! Will you have different colored fur for different skins? Most of the squirrels near me are gray, with the occasional black one. Apparently it's possible to have a white squirrel, too. In any case, looking good.

The problem, of course, is that you can't make armor in different fur colours to match the colour of the head and feet. So if you chose a black or grey squirrel, he'd have red fur on his arms if you chose any of the armors above.

I might include different colours anyway. Woodland squirrels might be grey or brown instead of red and there will probably be a black squirrel somewhere in there as well. It just means that the player character will have a difficult time picking a matching outfit.

Mandible said:
The problem, of course, is that you can't make armor in different fur colours to match the colour of the head and feet. So if you chose a black or grey squirrel, he'd have red fur on his arms if you chose any of the armors above.

I might include different colours anyway. Woodland squirrels might be grey or brown instead of red and there will probably be a black squirrel somewhere in there as well. It just means that the player character will have a difficult time picking a matching outfit.

It seems this issue will never cease to plague MB modders.  :neutral:

I love how the mod is looking.  I can't wait until it comes out.  Thank you for all the time you've put into this mod!  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom