SP Fantasy [W] Redwall: Vermin Resurgence [Dead]

Users who are viewing this thread

i am trying to learn to design things on wings 3d and i just whant to know what kind of wepones you whant me to try to make
ps iv read ike every page on this topic

What have you modeled before. If you're just starting off right at the beginning, try making a javelin and moving up from there. Its always good to have a variety of spears, axes, swords, etc. Let us know when you have some progress!

There are lots of tutorials about modeling in the Forge. Have a look over there.

OpenBRF is the program you want to set up models for Warband. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,215.0.html

Quote Contest!

We all know the hints from Native when you start up a new game:

4iQ1z.png

For the mod, we are looking to replace these native 'hints' with sayings/wisdoms/quotes from the Redwall series. We as the Dev Team thought it would be a good idea to ask our fans and followers of the mod to come up with some quotes, wisdoms , sayings or whatever you can think of, that is related to the Redwall series. Examples can be "The more 'otter it is, the more 'otter otters likes it." or as simple as "Eulaliiiaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!."

On the internet you can find a lot of quotes and sayings, but it would be more original if you can come up with your own quote/saying/wisdom from the series. It can be copied straight from the book, come from the TV-series, or from your own mind, use whatever you want.

The quote/wisdom/saying should not be longer than 120 characters. The contest will start today and will end next week Saturday 3rd of November. Eventually the best quotes/wisdoms/sayings will be picked by the Dev Team and be used in the mod. The creators will be credited for their efforts of course.

We wish you the best of luck and look forward yo your entries!

I'm pretty sure the hares and the moles have the best quotes ever. Can't for the life of me remember any of them though. Will have to do some re-reading methinks.

wow cool mod-
um hey, im not a talented modeller or anything, but I can make u guys a few weapons. specifically
have you considered giving the corsairs Katars?

this is wat I mean:

http://www.columbia.edu/itc/mealac/pritchett/00glossarydata/terms/katar/katar.jpg

because I have a test model ive been working on for one
check this out:

punchdagger1.png

it needs alot of work like splitting the blades model and attaching a hand grip
then youll need to code the whole use_unarmed_animation for attacks which im not familiar with
but let me know if youre interested cuz I'd provide it free of charge! heh (id also need to figure out the whole uvmapping thing.. cant quite get my head around that stuff.. hmm so many different angles an such...)

Coincidence it might be, I just finished working on some codes that allow the player to make use of such weapons :wink:.

All help is appreciated, but for models it would be wise to wait on a reply from Mandible, he has more insight in the models that have been made/need to be made than I do.

Mandible said:
Hmm...  I wonder what manner of vermin corsair would use a katar...

A ferret perhaps.

i think thats perfect, theyre small, stocky and move fast with long bodies.
besides they always get into places in small amounts of time
anyway ill finish my model and post the results. it will be very basic

The least useful *active* member of the dev team thanks you for your effort, and looks forward to your promising results.

ok ive made some progress on the model
Ive decided to start from scratch and towards a diffeent approch
behold:

testrav11.png

ive decided ill also uvmap the thing i guess... it'll just take me longer to figure out.. umm i guess i can even test it myself
ill let you know how it goes

**UPDATE:

well ive made some progress but id like to see any suggestions on the model before i go any further
ive got some ideas for the uvmap but feel free to suggest textures used too

here it is:

diggerblade.png

so ya im updating it feel free to suggest before i go further
thanks!

Thanks Amontadillo.
@ Salty
It's interesting so far, I look forward to seeing how it turns out.
Make sure to look at the other weapons and models on the first page to get a better idea of how it should be textured.

Back
Top Bottom