SP Fantasy [W] Redwall: Vermin Resurgence [Dead]

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, it's just so uncertain when we can release, simply because this module requires so much work. In comparison, I used to work on a historical mod a couple of years ago. That required a bunch of new models and textures, a new world map, troops, items, some custom locations and features and you had yourself a new module.

With Redwall, we need, custom skins of Rats, Mice, Otters, Moles and so forth, special made armours and items for every specie, custom skeletons, most likely new animations for them and a complete revamp of all scenes and it's models. And on top of that, we want to offer the player the unique feeling that he/she is adventuring in the world of Redwall.

The amount of work can be related to the fact we are replacing humans with animals, which is just a massive amount of work to do. And consider you do this with a small team, it takes a lot of time. And such a mod is rather new to us, at least I talk for myself here, so it takes time how to deal with such things.

But yeah, the mod has been in development for quite some time, and we make good progress so, I think we are on the right track here :smile:.

Remmik said:
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/bargain-book-bin-3.php

Wow, someone apparently had buckets of hatred for Mr Jacques stored somewhere. Imagine making all that up just to spread litter upon someone else's writing career - it's truly fascinating!

i cant believe you all have been working on this mod for 2 years o_O ive been watching the development of this mod for a long time... I just wish i could help but my editing and modding skills are terrible >.< i wish you all luck and am looking forward to any release of this mod ive never read the books but i just love the premiss of this mod i just hope it never dies before its released or for that matter dosent ever die :grin: but just a couple random questions... is this going to be for warband and there for multiplayer? and what are all the races?

lieb_hussar said:
i cant believe you all have been working on this mod for 2 years o_O ive been watching the development of this mod for a long time... I just wish i could help but my editing and modding skills are terrible >.< i wish you all luck and am looking forward to any release of this mod ive never read the books but i just love the premiss of this mod i just hope it never dies before its released or for that matter dosent ever die :grin: but just a couple random questions... is this going to be for warband and there for multiplayer? and what are all the races?
It's been 2 years? o_O
Wow... doesn't feel like that long.

Yeah, it takes a while. I've been getting quite a lot done recently though, so we are certainly making progress. Hopefully we can get a preview of our corsair faction up fairly soonish.

lieb_hussar said:

Here are some of the races. I'm not sure about all of them. But the list is quite long.
  • Mice
  • Squirrels
  • Porcupines?
  • Rabbi-er... I mean Hares
  • Badgers
  • Shrews/PigmyShrews?
  • Weasels
  • Foxes/Marlfoxes
  • Rats/Searats
  • Wildcats
  • Some sort of birds?
  • Martins?
The list goes on and on, the possibilities seem endless at times.
Of course the amount of races playable races will be limited by the the game it's self.

And for your other question.
This mod was originally going to be for Mount&Blade.
But it was decided (to my great relief) that it will be for Warband. And yes, there will be online matches. Redwall invasion map anyone?

Hey, I modeled some stuff for the old M&B version of this mod, so I'm posting the download link in case you guys can use any of it. It's head meshes for 11 races. I'm assuming warband uses the same type of head mesh... I can't find the textures I made for them but if you think you want to use any I could probably retexture them.

http://www.mediafire.com/?g04bzbqtrtzdonq

Hey! I never thought you`d be back. Nice to hear from you. Aw man, I was really hoping that you would have the textures. We still have the head meshes, and I have used some of them in the mod.

I've got pretty good textures for mice, rats and hares, but if you wanted to retexture some of the other creatures, that would be just outstanding!

I'm not sure you're at or past this stage yet, but I can help scene build.

We are at this stage. Scene builders would be greatly appreciated. But before you start building major locations like Salamandastron, and other significant places like that. I believe we were planning on using custom models for some of the more unique and important locations.
But, if you have ideas for certain locations. Ask away. I'm sure you will get an answer from some of the more involved modders.
(I don't really know anything. I just work here :wink:)

Anyways, I'm positive that your help will be well received.

Sure we need scene makers right now. Just don't try to start off with a masterpiece. I have specific plans for Redwall Abbey, Salamandastron, Sampetra, etc. Let me know what you want to work on and I might be able to hook you up with custom scene props to use.

Mandible said:
Sure we need scene makers right now. Just don't try to start off with a masterpiece. I have specific plans for Redwall Abbey, Salamandastron, Sampetra, etc. Let me know what you want to work on and I might be able to hook you up with custom scene props to use.
That is exactly what I was talking about! :mrgreen:

OK, sounds good, I could make the quarry from the first book if you want.

I can't wait to see what you come up with.
But it does occur to me, That perhaps that cave and mountain pack could make it's self quite useful in the quarry.

tobijah said:
lieb_hussar said:

Here are some of the races. I'm not sure about all of them. But the list is quite long.
  • Mice
  • Squirrels
  • Porcupines?
  • Rabbi-er... I mean Hares
  • Badgers
  • Shrews/PigmyShrews?
  • Weasels
  • Foxes/Marlfoxes
  • Rats/Searats
  • Wildcats
  • Some sort of birds?
  • Martins?
The list goes on and on, the possibilities seem endless at times.
Of course the amount of races playable races will be limited by the the game it's self.

And for your other question.
This mod was originally going to be for Mount&Blade.
But it was decided (to my great relief) that it will be for Warband. And yes, there will be online matches. Redwall invasion map anyone?

Otters are included now?

Back
Top Bottom