t

Users who are viewing this thread

mike56 said:
Thank you very much, but if I'm not mistaken in that Drive folder there is only the Module System files  :???:

I thought it uploaded. I am uploading the latest build now. :smile:

Alright, uploaded the module as well. Remember to credit and have fun with our stuff, people! :smile:

images
Thank you

Edgar Allan Poe said:
I did. Plenty of stuff I used for my Native modded game. For the mods I make, not yet, due to time period constraints, mostly. Thanks, btw.

Alright, glad it helped.

Just a headsup similar to the one I gave Ramaraunt.

The OSP section of the forge is limited to code packs that are comprehensive - i.e. not entire mods that encompass several systems. Furthermore, the original post should go beyond a feature list and ideally detail the implementation.

That, of course, doesn't mean that I dont appreciate you going OSP :smile:

This pack is obviously meant for advanced modders, hence I didn't bother explaining to less advanced modders. While saying, it is not so hard to understand for anyone who can write a few triggers. Also, the size of content in this requires me to prepare pages of PDF explaining everything.

You have many OSP mods in same category. What is the difference between this and Crusaders OSP? Leaving it here just makes it harder for people to find, which doesn't contribute to community as it should.

I don't understand ignoring it all just because I did't get to explain everything. Should be enough I donate so much already. It is all there.

Crusader was added as a resource OSP, because they have a number of downloads for their various resources rather than just a dump of their entire module.
If there are full mods, especially in the code section, just point me in the direction and I will make sure to evaluate their suitability for the OSP area.

Anywho, the reason for not adding entire mods to the coding section of the forge is relatively simple. They are already listed elsewhere and adding them to the OSP subsection does not fit the theme or purpose of that area. The intention here is to present easily accessible resources and information - regardless of whether they are simple or advanced.

That is not to say that you have to explain every little detail, but it does mean that overlapping systems are unsuitable.

In other words, if you wish to highlight a particular feature, you can do so by sharing the code sections and their location within the ModSys. For larger features it is also fine to simply share an otherwise native MS or ModMerger bits alongside some rudimentary information (what does the feature do, where are things located and possibly some advice on modification).

Good examples:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,362488.0.html
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,182926.0.html

Please also take into account that we would have to add all OSP mods to the subsection of the Forge, if we were to change this policy. That would mean unnecessary clutter and burden for the forum, its users and its moderation. I would however be happy to sticky a well maintained list of OSP mods in the resource subsection.

Following the latest rule, license policy of this project has been changed to LSP from OSP. Just for future references.

As noted in the discord, you will have to define the "Limits" of the source pack in the OP. For further guidance see: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,374313.0.html

Back
Top Bottom