SP Native Vuk's Faction and Gameplay Rework Mod Final Release!

Users who are viewing this thread

eragoen said:
No it isnt - sharpshooter was invented before sniper. I would suggest merely veteran crossbowman/trained crossbowman/elite crossbowman/trained arbalest(probably best one, since its a much more improved crossbow), balistralius. Oh the wonders of google.
That is something I will consider.

What you have done here sir, is created my ideal mod, then ruined it, you have made rhodok elite bowmen yet they have always been crossbowmen, you have ruined vaegirs, who have always been archers, this mod doesn't make sense

I like some of your changes, but it seems a bit odd to me that most of the troops on the front page are in uniform. :???: Anyway, have you looked at Manitas' auto-rigging tool in the Forge? I haven't been able to work it yet, but maybe you could give it a try.

Lord Burgess1 said:
What you have done here sir, is created my ideal mod, then ruined it, you have made rhodok elite bowmen yet they have always been crossbowmen, you have ruined vaegirs, who have always been archers, this mod doesn't make sense
No, what he has done is create the mod he wanted to create, and your opinion needn't be of any importance to him. :razz:

Lord Burgess1 said:
I don't think that you understand Burgess1, I intended to completely redo the troop trees to make it more interesting, rather than sticking to the rather poorly balanced native. I think that you find that the Vaegir are actually quite able. Instead of being an archer kingdom, they now are broader, but mostly a skirmishing kingdom. Don't forget that this mod is meant to be played on the highest damage, highest AI, and highest Native battle size (or higher, if you have the battle size changer (not made by me)).
If you play it as its own seperate mod, I do not think that you will be disappointed. It is a great deal more realistic, challenging, and (I hope) funner. It is still not perfect (I still have to rebalance crossbowmen because they are mostly useless now), but definately worth giving a shot.
@ FrisianDude: The pics on the front page are obselete, I will take them down. What is an 'auto-rigging tool'?

I might try this ou- OK, I will try this, as I have nothing to do.

edit- What you did there is really interesting, I like that the damage output of pretty much every weapon is much higher. :wink: This mod could be really promising if you added more items and kingdom management. (though you're not working till warband is released, right?)

Ambalon said:
I might try this ou- OK, I will try this, as I have nothing to do.

edit- What you did there is really interesting, I like that the damage output of pretty much every weapon is much higher. :wink: This mod could be really promising if you added more items and kingdom management. (though you're not working till warband is released, right?)

I've done quite a bit more work to it than what you see on the surface. The game play is a lot more realistic and you end up waging large military campaigns with your own army of hundreds to +1000 troops. It is still a lot held back by the lack of kingdom management, diplomacy, etc. I was working on those things, but since Warband is being released with those things as part of the game I am going to wait until it comes out, then tweak them to make them more realistic. As it is though, it is quite enjoyable and battles are very intense. I play on top AI, damage to me and team mates, top battle size, top speed, and manual block. It gets reeeally intense.

Version 0.006 is out! http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1642
It is the best version yet, so please give it a try. :wink:
I have fixed a few little bugs, rebalanced the Nord faction, given you the option of stationing your companions in castles if they do not like your raiding habits :wink:, and a bunch of other things. It was going to be the last until Warband is released, but right after I uploaded it I found out about a mod that has spear bracing, so I am dowloading that and trying it out. I may end up adding a fix that includes spearbracing if I like what it adds to the gameplay.
Please tell me what you think of the new version.

Will there be this mod for Warband? I mean, i hate it that the Swadians are so strong, and Rhodoks are so weak. i would like to see all factions balanced. i don't say that Swadians have to be weaker, i like them the way they are, only other factions must be balanced as swadians.

Larmantine said:
Will there be this mod for Warband? I mean, i hate it that the Swadians are so strong, and Rhodoks are so weak. i would like to see all factions balanced. i don't say that Swadians have to be weaker, i like them the way they are, only other factions must be balanced as swadians.
Thank you for your interest Larmantine! Yes, if all goes well, I will port this over to Warband as soon as possible. Right now the modding tools for Warband have not been released, so I will have to wait.

I've downloaded. To be honest, I hadn't seen that nice armour you posted at the frontpage untill just now. I like it. :smile:

vuk said:
Larmantine said:
Thank you for your interest Larmantine! Yes, if all goes well, I will port this over to Warband as soon as possible. Right now the modding tools for Warband have not been released, so I will have to wait.
Well, as you probably know, the Mount&Blade unofficial troop editor does not work on warband. It shows some kind of error, but i tried to balance troops manually (using text files, like, troops, item_kinds etc.) , and it worked, but, unfortinatly i do not know very well enough how to change them. So its a heads-up for you if you are bored to wait. :smile:

FrisianDude said:
I've downloaded. To be honest, I hadn't seen that nice armour you posted at the frontpage untill just now. I like it. :smile:
Thanks much. :wink: If I wasn't a total dunce and I could figure out how to add new armour so that I did not have to replace the old stuff, I could make a lot more nice skins. :razz: lol I tried messing around with the BFR editor, but I just could not get it to work. Anyway, it is gameplay that I am primarily concerned with, not content. I am glad that you like it though.
@Larmantine: I am just gonna wait till the guys who made those tools put out new ones, as I am pretty busy with school right now anyway. If I do get bored though, there are some really nice gameplay features that I want to add into the M&B version if I get time. :wink:

vuk said:
FrisianDude said:
Thanks much. :wink: If I wasn't a total dunce and I could figure out how to add new armour so that I did not have to replace the old stuff, I could make a lot more nice skins. :razz: lol I tried messing around with the BFR editor, but I just could not get it to work. Anyway, it is gameplay that I am primarily concerned with, not content. I am glad that you like it though.
Oh, that's pretty easy, I think. Do you use the module system or do you edit the txt files?

Hey all, I got some news. I have decided not to make this mod for Warband, though I may release an update to the M&B version, to include some changes that I was not able before to make.
I am making a different mod for Warband using what I have learned from this mod, and using many of the same principles. The new mod will hopefully include new graphics, factions, cities, characters, troops, weapons, etc. It will use my own storyline, cultures, and characters. I am going to start work on it as soon as I am done posting here. I will keep you updated on the progress when I have something to show. :wink:

I started my new mod, but had to stop in September to focus on school. New versions have come out since then, so I am going to have to update what I did. I am going to be starting work on it again when school is out, and hopefully will have something for you to look forward to at Christmas. If you like VFGR Mod, you will love this one. It is much bigger, much better, and much bloody cooler!
Merry Christmas!!

Thank you Apsod. I am sorry that I missed Christmas, but it is a lot of work. :razz: I will have to release it as a late Holiday present. The first beta version is about 50% complete now. (sp only. mp will come after sp)
I will be releasing an announcement for it soon.

Back
Top Bottom