SP Native Vuk's Faction and Gameplay Rework Mod Final Release!

Users who are viewing this thread

All you need to do is add/borrow player kingdom management options into your mod, and it will be perfect!  :grin:

lol, thanks, I am glad you like it so much. :wink: I am learning meself a bit bout scripting right bout now, and that is something I am going to try to implement. Also, I am hoping to get sheild bashing in too. It will depend on my abilities or if I get a good scripter.

Well, I have had no luck finding a scripter, so I will have to content myself with merely releasing a new Khergit unit tree with existing skins, and forget about adding more complicated scripts untill I learn to do it myself. I will begin work on the Khergits now, and hopefully have a final release out soon. Thanks to everyone who played and supported the mod! I hope that you will like the new version even more!

I'll probably keep my Rhodok force all infantry, half archers and half swordsmen sounds good. Maybe a few pikemen mixed in.

MassacrMan said:
I'll probably keep my Rhodok force all infantry, half archers and half swordsmen sounds good. Maybe a few pikemen mixed in.

Glad to see you are enjoying it!
Good news, a forum member named Quidgo has agreed to help me with the meshes I need! That means that hopefully there will be a new release that includes new armour, horses, and reskins!
I am leaving for Hungary on the 28th, and I have been pretty busy, but I am hoping to have it out in two or so weeks (a final version that is).
  Vuk

I really must say out of all the modifications I've played, this one seems to be quite interesting. Of course, other modifications such as TPW, PoP, SoD, etc, have the aspect of numerous changes.. this modification is one that does not have so much change, yet I still feel attracted to it. I think you did a very good job, giving the Rhodoks the warring-capabilities to much up against the other factions. Really good job, I think I might play it more today than other modifications I have downloaded. Can't wait for your next version. Good job. :smile:

xRurounixKenshinx said:
I really must say out of all the modifications I've played, this one seems to be quite interesting. Of course, other modifications such as TPW, PoP, SoD, etc, have the aspect of numerous changes.. this modification is one that does not have so much change, yet I still feel attracted to it. I think you did a very good job, giving the Rhodoks the warring-capabilities to much up against the other factions. Really good job, I think I might play it more today than other modifications I have downloaded. Can't wait for your next version. Good job. :smile:

Thanks! I have been working hard on the next version for the last few weeks, and should have it out soon. I am leaving for Hungary tomorrow, and it will take me a while to settled in to my new situation, so I may not have the new version out for a matter of weeks.
The next version will have a rebalancing of items, a new khergit troop tree, new armour, reskins, and quite a few gameplay changes. I am increasing the amount of men that the player can have with him, as well as making the player more skilled at the beginning of the game, so that the harder gameplay is not overwhelming at first. Also, I increased the rate at which troops reach veteran status. I have been working on a bunch of other stuff that I hope will make it into the next version as well.

Vuk

I like what you have done here Vuk. Is there some way i can use your revamped troop trees in my current mod (Sword of Damocles)? That would be Awsome.

Dave S said:
I like what you have done here Vuk. Is there some way i can use your revamped troop trees in my current mod (Sword of Damocles)? That would be Awsome.
I am in Hungary now, and I am paying quite heavily for my internet until I get settled, so if you do not here from me for a while, that is why.
@Dave S: Of course you can, anyone can use it for there mods, as long as they credit it. :grin: I would wait if I were you though, because the new version is going to be even better.

Ok, update!  (Not as in a downloadable one :razz:) I have just settled into my new apartment in Szeged and began cleaning. :razz: I should have the dump livable by the end of today. Right now the newest version is only waiting on the new models that Quidgo is making, and for me to skin them when I get them. I have been working every spare second I got (and when I got my laptop at the same time) on the new version, so I can promise that it will not be disappointing (at least if you are really kewl like me  :roll:).
I will post again when I have more information about that.
Also though, I decided that I am going to finish this mod, then wrap things up. Once the new expansion comes, I will make another (much grander one). It too will focus mainly on realistic gameplay (and gameplay in general), will have a totally new troop tree, AND will include different factions, armour, weapons, etc. I got a lot of good ideas that I have been testing in this version, but very little is known about the new expansion, so I will have to wait till then to finalise my plan.

Vuk

FrisianDude said:
vuk said:
I also included a "Horseman's Crossbow" that the player can now buy.

What the .... You bugger, I have something quite like it.  :lol:
Only mine is "Rider Crossbow"  :razz:
lol, which mod is yours?

Goodnews everyone! Our good modeller has supplied us with some beautiful new armour models for the Khergits! I still have to skin them, and I will need a rigger to help me get them and the new skins I made for existing models in game. If anyone would like to help, please just shoot me a PM.

Vuk

Oh I'm not anything near finished and have no release. I simply had a similar idea.  :razz:

A rigger hmm... I believe there is a thread in The Forge which states one can rig with Wings3D, maybe you could look at that.

Danath said:
Swadian Mounted Seargeant  -> charger
Swadian Mounted Knight -> hunter
What?  :neutral:
No, they have a chance of being either, but it is more likely for a knight to have a warhorse than a hunter. I have changed it around to make more sense and be better balanced in the working version. Sorry for taking all this time, but I have been looking (unsuccessfully) for a rigger, and rl got in my way and made me forget about it. If I do not find a rigger in a few days, I will just change stuff around to make the new version work without new armours. (which is a shame, cause they are gonna be really nice :razz:)

Version 0.004 has been released! Download from Filefront here!
Or here from the Repository.

There is a new Khergit troop tree, new Nord troop tree, and more changes to gameplay. High level companions have been added, and the player's stats have been increased from the start. Enjoy. :smile:

NOTE: Play this on the highest AI skill and battle size. That is the way the game has been designed, and if you want it to play correctly, you need to do  that.

Also included in this version are new sounds which I recorded myself. If you do not like them, just go to your M&B folder, to the modules folder, to the VFGR v0.004, and then to the sounds folder. Just delete the sounds inside and Native sounds will be used.
I would like feedback on them if anyone can take the time, as I would like to make an entirely new sound pack if people like them.

Nice looking mod. Only thing is: why sniper? the word sniper was invented like barely two centuries ago - it seems like abit of a misfit name.

No it isnt - sharpshooter was invented before sniper. I would suggest merely veteran crossbowman/trained crossbowman/elite crossbowman/trained arbalest(probably best one, since its a much more improved crossbow), balistralius. Oh the wonders of google.

Back
Top Bottom