SP Native Vuk's Faction and Gameplay Rework Mod Final Release!

Users who are viewing this thread

vuk

Sergeant at Arms
Greetings all, this is my first foray into the Mount and Blade Modding world, but one that I think you will enjoy! A while ago when 960 was released I promised a mod to make the Rhodoks actually worth something, but new versions kept coming out, so I decided to just wait till the game was finally out to begin. I began work on it a few days ago and am now done. As you can tell by the development time, it is not a total conversion, but a lot has been done to change the overall gameplay and rework the factions.
Here is a short list of the changes:
Horse charge damage increased
Weapon damage tweaked
Armour absorb values changed
Several new items (with existing models) added
Black armour readded
Value of attributes changed
Troop trees completely redone

New Version 0.006 out!
Download link: Here

Enjoy!
  Vuk

EDIT:

Here is a signature if anyone is interested:

Now that I have a little more time I will give a more detailed description. The point of this mod was both to make the Rhodoks worth something, and to make the gameplay more realistic, challenging, and enjoyable at the same time.
Archers are now of a much greater importance than before, and if you do not play correctly they can wipe your force out pretty quickly given the right circumstances (seiging a Khergit city on the largest battle size for instance :grin:). Horses are no longer tanks that can stay standing through a million blows, which means that a swift axe chop or a jarid in the head will bring your saddle horse down really quickly. It also means that spearmen can actually stop a cavalry charge now.
Does this de-emphasize cavarly at all? Not a bit. Not only has charge damage been increased, but with the increased importance of archers in the game, it is more important than ever for you to use your cavalry force to reach the enemies archers and cut them down.

To make the game more realistic and balanced, I made archers much weaker in melee. There are no more Vaegir marksmen with heavy armour and two-handed axes who can murder you from afar and out fight heavy infantry in melee. Archers now are armed with a dagger, and usually have a padded cloth, padded leather, or chainmail at the most. What this means is that as long as they can keep away from you they can reek havoc on your army, but if you can close in, they will be cut to pieces in melee.

The overall effect this has on the game is not that cavalry or melee is underpowered or any less important, but that the player now has to use tactics as he would in real life. He needs to keep enemy cavalry away from his own archers, attack the enemy archers with his cavalry, and avoid pikemen  :lol:.
I designed the mod for players who play on normal intelligence and on maxed battle size. Overall damage has been increased, so soloing is now much harder and the player will be forced to command an army as well.

I hope you enjoy the mod and please leave any feedback!

Vuk

*Pictures and descriptions deleted* (I will put updated ones out when I finish work on the mod)

*Pictures and descriptions deleted* (I will put updated ones out when I finish work on the mod)

Sorry to break your combo, but I would like to suggest renaming Heavy Vaegir Javelinman and Heavy Swadian Crossbowman to Vaegir Heavy Javelinman and Swadian Heavy Crossbowman respectively. Other than that, your mod sounds promising and I wish you all the best.

Hm, I shall be downloading this since I always like mods that tinker with the factions somewhat. It sounds promising from your description, though.

Cumandante said:
The Rhodoks seem to be a bit too improved, no?
No, not at all. When you play it you will see that not only does the game play very differently, but the other factions have all been changed as well. In the next few days I will be putting out faction previews for the others as well, but right now I am working on refining it more.

Thanks to all that have checked this mod out and commented on it. I hope you enjoyed playing it. I found some bugs in it that I have now fixed. I am going to be releasing a new version really soon that will feature a completely new troop tree for khergits, a complete rebalancing of all factions, the total reworking of the merc tree, and several bugs fixed.
So if you have been planning on downloading this, but haven't yet. don't. I will release a new version with lots of improvements in a day or two. Once I have made all final changes I will also get those other faction preview up.
Keep checking here for updates.

Vuk

Ok, I have been reskinning armour and weapons for the Khergits over the past few days. I do not know how to get them in game now. I tried using the BFR edittor and stuff, but it did not work.
I am looking for modellers and scripters. A scripter is needed to help implement some functions that I have tried to do, but failed. If you could, please do help. There are a few models (Not particularly hard ones) that I also need a modeller for as well. A modeller is not necassary, as I can use reskinned substitutes, but I really do need a scripter. If you would like to help, please post here.
On the positive side, I have rebalanced everything, fixed tech trees, rehauled the entire merc line, made some new weapons and armour, and squashed some minor bugs. :smile:

Vuk

hey vuk :smile:
From the Lordz right?

I'm gonna give your mod a go, looks great!.... but only after i take the gf out shopping

Adriano said:
hey vuk :smile:
From the Lordz right?

I'm gonna give your mod a go, looks great!.... but only after i take the gf out shopping

Yeah, hey Adriano! It is great to see a familiar face! I hope you enjoy the mod! I made some much needed gameplay changes (like no arguing between companions), added a bunch of units, weapons, and armour, and fixed some bugs and stuff in the new version that will be coming out soon. I think you will find it a big improvement. Here is one of the skins I made:

If I can get a scripter to help me get my stuff in game and implement some really kewl features that I want to include, I will be able to get the new version out soon. If not, I will have to spend some time experimenting and it may not all be there. Either way it will be really good, I assure you.

Vuk

It's looking very good!
I am quite impressed with the skin, looks great... I'm gonna download it now, play it a bit, and give feedback on the weekend
Good to see you're keeping busy till our favorite titles come out haha

no offense but to me it looks like the guy in the last screen is wearing red diapers >.<

I am glad that you like it guys! Since I cannot yet get my new skins into game, I have decided to release what I have now, without a redone Khergit troop tree.
It can be downloaded here: http://files.filefront.com/VFGR+v0003rar/;12909579;/fileinfo.html

I have new troop tree for mercs in this version as well:
                                                                        Watchman
                                                                      /                \
                                            Merc Crossbowman                  Caravan Guard
                                          /                          \                          |
      Heavy Merc Crossbowman    Mounted Merc Crossbowman      |
                                                                                          /            \
                                                                      Merc Infantry                  Merc Horseman
                                                                    /                \                      /                        \                   
                                            Merc Swordsman        Merc Axeman            Merc Lancer          Merc Cavalry
                                          /                      \                /            \ 
                          Hired Blade          Hired Guard  Hired Brute          Hired Killer

That is right! There are now mounted crossbowmen! (I based them on Hungarian mounted crossbowmen, lightly armoured, but fast)
I also included a "Horseman's Crossbow" that the player can now buy.

I hope that you enjoy it!

Back
Top Bottom