Voulgier

Users who are viewing this thread

voulgier.png

Please leave all feedback relating to the Vlandia Voulgier in this thread.

would be nice to have a shield with the longsword perk
The longsword is two-handed only, its far too big for one hand use. On the other hand, I would support a shield in slot 1 to give people the option to have a sword and shield instead of shock infantry as Vlandia.

We might be talking about different things, are you referring to the middle option two handed sword in slot 1 or the default arming sword?
The default arming sword then. Well how i would see the change: Give the armor perk for free and add a shield option instead.(it will remove the 2h wep)

If the game should be balanced it would need to cost 110ish aswell and the seargent would need to go up to 160.
So heavy,light (300) >light,light,light or heavy,heavy (360-320) > light,light,heavy (390)

Last edited:
I would rather have light spearman or pikeman class for Vlandia. Don't really get the point why they need a shock infantry like that. The main point of vlandian infantry is to be the anvil to their heavy cavalry, and to protect archers.

I would rather have light spearman or pikeman class for Vlandia. Don't really get the point why they need a shock infantry like that. The main point of vlandian infantry is to be the anvil to their heavy cavalry, and to protect archers.
would rather see them as light inf/shock inf hybrid (light inf option with shield/sword/spear)

I’m ok with 2 handers being fast in general. You swing them with both hands after all. Have you swung the voulge though? I’m not talking about the swing speed, I mean the combo animation where the weapon gets ready to be swung again. I don’t think this is intended. I might do a video about it since it’s not as obvious as I thought.

I guess they only used realism excuses for blocks. This feint is faster than the blocking animation at any distance. This is ridiculous.

Captain Mode:
The Sword & Shield perk is useless in captain mode, considering that if you pick it you just have a worse Sergeant + 1 extra guy.
The Two Handed Sword is also useless as the voulge is just better at doing damage and is faster in my own experience. The only thing the two handed sword is better for is dueling and maybe anti cavalry but the latter is pointless if you take the awlpike.
Selecting the awlpike makes them incredibly strong against cavalry. The franciscas are alright but personally the ability to kill cavalry and be able to take out rogue cavalry is a lot more useful than having my voulgiers slow down and stand still to throw their franciscas only for them to do minimal damage

Back
Top Bottom