Voting Poll:What's Your Favorite Type Of Firearm To Use?

What's Your Favorite Type Of Firearm To Use?

• Hand Cannons

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Pistols

Votes: 45 13.6%
  • Carbines

Votes: 52 15.7%
  • Muskets

Votes: 58 17.5%
  • I'd rather use Bows

Votes: 111 33.5%
  • I'd rather use Crossbows

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • Chinese Repeater Crossbow

Votes: 37 11.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

In SOD Warlords 2.2 there are Hand Cannons, Pistols, Carbines, and Muskets at your finger tips to use. What type of firearm do you like most and what type do you like least? They all fall in with these following guidelines:
Hand Cannons = Quick to reload like pistols, blunt damage, bad aim <-A slavers favorite
Pistols = Fast to reload, Average aim, weak power, fast to shoot, can use on horseback
Carbines = Slow reload speed, below average aim, able to use on horses, stronger than pistols
Muskets = Slowest reload Speed, Can't use on horse back, heavy, strong power, bonus to shield, long distance, knock down chance

Do any  troops in the mod use firearms or is it only the player ? if troops use firearms ill probaly not try the mod as they ruin the the immersion for me but i fully respekt all the hard work put into porting this over.

I just want to point out, its hilarious to shoot someone with a hand CANNON and it just knocks them out.

Probably pistol on horseback, just generally shooting rounds at an approaching enemy. Sometimes you get lucky ^__^

tbj28 said:
Do any  troops in the mod use firearms or is it only the player ? if troops use firearms ill probaly not try the mod as they ruin the the immersion for me but i fully respekt all the hard work put into porting this over.

No! I'm strictly against having faction troops with Firearms. Only Mercs that you hire in Taverns have firearms. You might run into a few Thugs (bandits {Looter Parties}) which wield pistols. Just so you know Firearms are very balanced.

Alavaria said:
I just want to point out, its hilarious to shoot someone with a hand CANNON and it just knocks them out.

Probably pistol on horseback, just generally shooting rounds at an approaching enemy. Sometimes you get lucky ^__^

LOL, Yeah the hand cannon is the weakest of the bunch so I had to do something to make it useful; and since It can't spray bullets at you why not make it do blunt damage like you put a rock in it!?

Will you consider adding Hand Mortars (could be used by 1 type of random mercenary and/or some high-class NPCs) ?

(This is what I'm talking of:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_mortar  )

They don't have to be area-of-effect weapons (which may be difficult to code, though not impossible), just very powerful on short-to-moderate distance and extra damage vs armor/shield.

MorrisB said:
Will you consider adding Hand Mortars (could be used by 1 type of random mercenary and/or some high-class NPCs) ?

They don't have to be area-of-effect weapons (which may be difficult to code, though not impossible), just very powerful on short-to-moderate distance and extra damage vs armor/shield.

That is the old version of a grenade launcher i guess?

MorrisB said:

When the "With Fire & Sword" Mod is released in English and the source code is released I'll be happy to to do that. They have a really good area effect script they use to make grenades.

The mod blood and steel has a few hand mortar models with splash that were fairly cool.  However, i think adding a mortar type weapon with no splash means that its just a re-skinned model of say a rifle.

Edit: also this kind of weapon would have to be tweaked so that it wouldnt be too overpowered when used by the player or mercs.!

Jadion said:
The mod blood and steel has a few hand mortar models with splash that were fairly cool.  However, i think adding a mortar type weapon with no splash means that its just a re-skinned model of say a rifle.

Edit: also this kind of weapon would have to be tweaked so that it wouldnt be too overpowered when used by the player or mercs.!
True...

@infinitegamer: yes it is, though it was more of a flashy/intimidating weapon than an actually dangerous one. Still, the splinters and the scary flashing (which could frighten horses) made it useful.

@Computica: there are some mods out there which could solve the area-of-effect coding (WWII: China Battlefield, The Eagle and the Radiant Cross, Revenge of the Berserk...), though I suppose the code from "With Fire and Sword" will be easier to handle.

Computica said:
I AM HOBO OF DOOM said:
Though i havent tried yet im pretty sure id go with a bow as gunsmoke makes me lag like hell and the bow has a good reload speed.

The gun smoke makes your comp lag???
A lot of smoke in close proximity to my character causes my computer to lag.

ithilienranger said:
Computica said:
I AM HOBO OF DOOM said:
Though i havent tried yet im pretty sure id go with a bow as gunsmoke makes me lag like hell and the bow has a good reload speed.

Ok, what I will do is make a 2nd particles_systems.txt file in the 2.3 release that severely cuts the time smoke is shown in-game. What do you think about that?

ithilienranger said:
Computica said:
I AM HOBO OF DOOM said:

If you go to the Age of blackpowder board and go to performance patches you will find a low smoke patch that works with a lot of mods including warband ones, it reduces the time the smoke lingers to about 2 seconds.

shadowarcher said:
ithilienranger said:
Computica said:
I AM HOBO OF DOOM said:

If you go to the Age of blackpowder board and go to performance patches you will find a low smoke patch that works with a lot of mods including warband ones, it reduces the time the smoke lingers to about 2 seconds.

The mod uses 3 different types of gun smoke, so a 3rd party fix won't work on this mod.

Back
Top Bottom