(Vote included) New update and the caravan remains 30. And it was claimed it get supported

How do you think the caravan party size need to be changed?

• 0 - 30 is fine

Votes: 113 42.2%

Votes: 11 4.1%

Votes: 6 2.2%

Votes: 15 5.6%

Votes: 8 3.0%
  • 5 - it needs to be changed ASAP

Votes: 49 18.3%
  • Just get back to the original party size

Votes: 66 24.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I personally don't really care. Caravans were a waste of time pre-patch (I'm literally swimming in cash thanks to battle loot and a few workshops/towns to pay for my army, no need to send my companions to make more), and they are right now due to not being remotely profitable.

caravan size should be based on the party max of the character you send, not arbitrarily limited. If you send a follower capable of huge expensive armies you should wind up with a huge expensive caravan. stupidity should be punished but never prevented

caravan size should be based on the party max of the character you send, not arbitrarily limited. If you send a follower capable of huge expensive armies you should wind up with a huge expensive caravan. stupidity should be punished but never prevented

This- especially if it allows your character to still gain party XP. There are times you might want to have your character off doing something relatively safe/needing no oversight that still brings in some money/xp while your main character is focused on gaining renown/influence or stockpiling high tier units in a castle before rebelling.

Yes! I often use caravans as a way to train a character in Stewardship, I have a theory that it's one of the best ways to train a prospective party commander

why are you *****ing about this? the issue that caused them to be an easy target has been fixed.
keep in mind that smaller parties move faster on map and thus can avoid threats.

The best way to train a party commander is to form a party of one with your companion and just send him off. Once in a while he gets captured but so what, meanwhile his skill rise and he's doing quests for you.

There should be no cap, atleast it should be able to handle the party cap of the companion in charge. Adding units to the caravan should make it slower and more expensive, this should be enough of a drawback.

Caravan size should stay as is, but be able to be increased by hiring caravan guards which come with some additional upkeep costs.

Let's say I agree. And there could be many other good suggestion like limiting the area where caravan can go. But the problem is, it takes time and effort to add these functions. And right now they're forcing everyone to not using caravan by this "smart tweak". And btw, if you choose to let it stay 30, they won't care if you added something else like it should give you the chance to increase the troop size by paying extra. They just take it you want it remain 30. They're just stubborn and that's the reason.

The "test" they claim have done was hilarious. The bandits party size grows and all the lords are just completely focused on enemy faction. Obviously they didn't observe that. Or the "test" was just an excuse.

Let's say I agree. And there could be many other good suggestion like limiting the area where caravan can go. But the problem is, it takes time and effort to add these functions. And right now they're forcing everyone to not using caravan by this "smart tweak". And btw, if you choose to let it stay 30, they won't care if you added something else like it should give you the chance to increase the troop size by paying extra. They just take it you want it remain 30. They're just stubborn and that's the reason.

The "test" they claim have done was hilarious. The bandits party size grows and all the lords are just completely focused on enemy faction. Obviously they didn't observe that. Or the "test" was just an excuse.
Yes I agree with you. They never should have rolled out a bandaid fix in the first place and taken more time to implement a proper system, similar to my proposed one or not. I dont know why they even felt the need to rush a "fix" for this when more pressing matters are at hand.
They should just revert the fix and take time for a proper one next time.

That being said, I like the current size as a base, it just needs options to increase it.

TraderA (yep renamed him) would greatly appreciate having a bigger army to defend him.
...he's been captured about 7 times now. xD

Also, I do like the drawbacks of bigger caravans being more expensive and slower. And the size being determined by the Stewardship level of the commanding Companion.

I again tested latest situation by forming 3 different caravans at game start. I give my character 3 caravan forming cost money by cheat and formed 3 caravans, one at Aserai town Quyaz, one at Sturgia town Omor and one at Khuzait town Chaikand. Only one is destroyed at day 15. After 10 days past from the day it is destroyed I formed another caravan from same town. In total I formed 4 caravans. The latest one I formed and two of first three caravans survived at the end of first year. They all bring me 114K, I payed about 30K for caravan wages. In total I ended year with 96K of money just doing nothing but waiting in a town (some money remained from initial money cheats thats why my end money is not fit perfectly). Also still I have 3 caravans running probably they will bring me another 100K until they are destroyed.

McumF.png

Of course situation can change in late game (where bandits are 3x powered) or if you have lots of enemies or if you executed lots of lords in Calradia and if bandits are overpopulated however I made another test this morning in late game (year 1093) too. Situation was not so different, a bit risky than this. Some players get used to earn much from caravans (1K daily for long years like 400 days in total 400K from one caravan) however these caravans are not supposed to feed your armies. These are side mechanics. If you do not like new numbers and risks you do not have to form them. They were so OP before after nerf they are still good, if you see no value you do not have to form them. If player swims in money game become not challanging. We are also aware of lord battles are so easy and give tons of loot they will be fixed too. Different people are responsible from different parts. We are not trying to make game so hard but it should be reasonable not so hard not so easy.

I know game has missing features, some perks are not working, there are less quests less diplomacy options, war peace mechanics are a bit basic currently. Here lots of people are working for a better game in weird world conditions and everybody has their own responsible areas. Any of us cannot fix problems out of our responsible areas. I am trying to make parts which I am responsible better. If you need other things to be fixed before balancing / trade issues you need to reach people responsible from these parts, they are all aware of problems and working hard too. I am here sharing developments with you and getting your ideas / feedbacks to create a better and balanced trade systems.

Any changed formula or game rule is not final point currently. We will collect datas watch gameplays and do needed adjustments in next patches if needed.

We know you want more micro management at parts you are spending time at game. All ideas will be evaluated. According to priority and time we will schedule and implement some of them.

Last edited:
But that is a pointless test to run. It has nothing to do with how the game progression works. You do not start with gold for 3 caravans nor the gold for the companions to run them. If you loose one you still make the money with the two other ones.

How long does it take to grind from 0 to 18k + companion gold in real game time?
Then you loose it before it has even made back the investment. Zero profit and zero progression. All that time grinding to 18k wasted and your progression to mid game when you can start taking castles set back by hours.
No one in their right mind would take that risk considering the real life hours it takes to get the gold to have one caravan only to loose it and having to disband your army as you can't afford it anymore and have to start the grind to 18k again.

I think we should be able to choose party size of our caravans like i want 10 strong fast cavalry as guard or 50 recruit both ways their expenses and overall power should be modified by our hands. Personally just to avoid dangerous bandit groups 5 elite cavalry and 10-10 tier 2/3 archer and infanrty should be enough. Against other lords even if you have one hundred soldiers unless they are fast enough they always gets captured.

I again tested latest situation by forming 3 different caravans at game start. I give my character 3 caravan forming cost money by cheat and formed 3 caravans, one at Aserai town Quyaz, one at Sturgia town Omor and one at Khuzait town Chaikand. Only one is destroyed at day 15. After 10 days past from the day it is destroyed I formed another caravan from same town. In total I formed 4 caravans. The latest one I formed and two of first three caravans survived at the end of first year. They all bring me 114K, I payed about 30K for caravan wages. In total I ended year with 96K of money just doing nothing but waiting in a town (some money remained from initial money cheats thats why my end money is not fit perfectly). Also still I have 3 caravans running probably they will bring me another 100K until they are destroyed.

McumF.png

Of course situation can change in late game (where bandits are 3x powered) or if you have lots of enemies or if you executed lots of lords in Calradia and if bandits are overpopulated however I made another test this morning in late game (year 1093) too. Situation was not so different, a bit risky than this. Some players get used to earn much from caravans (1K daily for long years like 400 days in total 400K from one caravan) however these caravans are not supposed to feed your armies. These are side mechanics. If you do not like new numbers and risks you do not have to form them. They were so OP before after nerf they are still good, if you see no value you do not have to form them. If player swims in money game become not challanging. We are also aware of lord battles are so easy and give tons of loot they will be fixed too. Different people are responsible from different parts. We are not trying to make game so hard but it should be reasonable not so hard not so easy.

I know game has missing features, some perks are not working, there are less quests less diplomacy options, war peace mechanics are a bit basic currently. Here lots of people are working for a better game in weird world conditions and everybody has their own responsible areas. Any of us cannot fix problems out of our responsible areas. I am trying to make parts which I am responsible better. If you need other things to be fixed before balancing / trade issues you need to reach people responsible from these parts, they are all aware of problems and working hard too. I am here sharing developments with you and getting your ideas / feedbacks to create a better and balanced trade systems.

Any changed formula or game rule is not final point currently. We will collect datas watch gameplays and do needed adjustments in next patches if needed.

We know you want more micro management at parts you are spending time at game. All ideas will be evaluated. According to priority and time we will schedule and implement some of them.

1. It's nice you have your test here. Communication is always good.
2. Are you in any faction? Mercenary/lord? Have any enemy from minor faction? Major war with all other faction is another thing of course. But currently the AI faction is pretty much always in war with one country (1.10beta). In my experience, the minor factions are the real killer (70% or higher probably). That means after you join a faction, caravans are immediately useless . Hopefully that's not what you want.
3. Average income 1-2k per day is reasonable(what you have in your test). But now it is negative. Didn't do more testing in 1.2 beta and today's update because it is a mess. Selling prisoners should be a game changer since the reason form them to get attacked is not "carrying too much prisoner". Most of them can't survive in the first attack.

Every communities I have seen except some people here disagree with your tweak. (And for lots of them here who agree, the "agree" is with condition like you can hire more troops by yourself) It's not because of they're spoiled. Pottery change on the other hand was not such a problem.

Btw, didn't execute any lord. Days 300+. In war with one faction.

Back
Top Bottom