Volley fire

Users who are viewing this thread

Nopkar

Recruit
In case you don't know, there's this sweet volley fire command hidden: F7, F6

I start a battle with directing my troops where I want, F3 then F2 (fire commands, hold fire) then F7, F6 (special commands, volley fire)

When the enemy is in range just F3, F2 (Fire commands, all troops fire (not at will)) and they all shoot in unison immediately and then reload with no delay, ready up and wait for another fire command.

I'm pretty big on looks
mb9.jpg

mb8.jpg

mb11.jpg

Why do you let your men sog their bright red uniforms in the mud and rain? I mean, I notice your troops wear greatcoats in the rain, but the other half refuses to!

In Kermit said:
Why do you let your men sog their bright red uniforms in the mud and rain? I mean, I notice your troops wear greatcoats in the rain, but the other half refuses to!

They were disciplined shortly after. The Major doesn't take kindly to muddied uniforms.

Nopkar said:
In Kermit said:

They were disciplined shortly after. The Major doesn't take kindly to muddied uniforms.

Ah yes. Good to see a change of route I seem to miss in the other officers.

Hmm so after the first volley, do they wait till you say volley again? Or to fire?

Do they shoot immediately when the enemy is in range?

BushDweller said:
Hmm so after the first volley, do they wait till you say volley again? Or to fire?

Do they shoot immediately when the enemy is in range?

If you don't tell them to hold fire first they fire at will. if you tell them to hold fire and then only fire once (All men, fire) they reload and then wait for your command to fire again.

if at any point you want them to STOP volley fire, just have them fire at will

Hmm whats the point of the F7+F6 (Volley) Commands

When you can just tell them to

Hold fire then All men fire. Then repeat

BushDweller said:
Hmm whats the point of the F7+F6 (Volley) Commands

When you can just tell them to

Hold fire then All men fire. Then repeat

Yeah, this is what I do. Unless the volley fire command is going to make it an automatic process in later releases I don't see why that extra command is necessary.

I figure out that if you do

1. Fire at Will+ Volley Fire

They will all shoot in unison, and reload together, wait till the majority/all people are ready, then fire again. Really neat!

BushDweller said:
I figure out that if you do

1. Fire at Will+ Volley Fire

They will all shoot in unison, and reload together, wait till the majority/all people are ready, then fire again. Really neat!

So no need to constantly order them to fire? that's awesome!

Thats what I just discovered! Perfect. But when the enemy closes in, make sure you turn it off, or else youll lose some men due to the fact that one half wont fire whilst the other half is in a skirmish.

Yeah, do you know how to prevent your troops from skirmishing?

(Avoiding melee combat)

Everytime the enemy gets close, a huge portion of my line starts walking backwards ruining the whole line and volleys.

I just wish the people around the enemy would melee him instead of making the entire line flee.

Yeah, Ive always had that problem too. Really aggrevating. Id take a look at some of the commands and try to find a way around it,but its 2:42 am and my computer just crashed, so I think its going to have to wait until later  :razz:.

Back
Top Bottom