Volley Fire

Users who are viewing this thread

khornebread

Sergeant at Arms
Has anyone tried this out much?  Is the rate of fire now controlled by the slowest gun?  Do they tend to all shoot at the nearest guy?

well, i think it's kinda annoying you can't say first line fire, second line fire but left flank fire, middle fire and right flank fire. I think the flanks aren't equally divided either since my middle one took far less kills. You need quite some practice to let them shoot at the right time but it's nice to have

You can prearrange your units into flanks by assigning them to those groups out of battle.

I have specific groups like 'Aides de camp', who are my stat boost npcs that also accompany me during battles.

Like Nox said, basically just use the groups function and seperate your units into groups with names, something like:

Infantry - Front Line
Marksman - Line 1
Marksman - Line 2
Marksman - Line 3
Heroes
Cavalry
etc.
Then use the "backspace" key to open up the map view and give your initial commands from there, or drag the flags on the minimap.In battle select group and tell to Fire.

To be honest though you don't want to overcomplicate your troop management during combat.
Having troops holding fire for too long will only work against you.
What I do is simply put them into the positions I want and command to fire at will.
If the enemy gets too close charge and/or use any weapons at will.
Sometimes simple is better :grin:

_________
OffTopic: Can ally bullets fired from either your own units or from an ally hurt either your own or your ally's troops?(SinglePlayer)

I am very happy with the way it was implemented.  But less important than volley fire for me is the formations that were implemented.  The formations help make the fire more concentrated and ordered and I do not normally control the fire rate once my men are set up.

Ah I see the problem wannyboy has now  :???:.
If all your musketeers are of the same type and rank,for instance you have  200 - Marskmen X (Elite),
then you can only assign them to one group, you can't break them up into multiple groups.

Afterstar said:
_________
OffTopic: Can ally bullets fired from either your own units or from an ally hurt either your own or your ally's troops?(SinglePlayer)

I'm pretty sure they can...

Projectiles can hurt anyone, because they are not associated once they become projectiles.

Example 1: Thrown weapons and arrows/bullets will hurt you when used by allies.
example 2: grenades will hurt you.

Also, try editing an arrow to ignore gravity, and its bow to fire a projectile that moves at speed 20. Move yourself into the path of the projectile. You get hit. (only on a battlefield) alternately you can just edit a rock to ignore gravity and slow it down a bit...

lotsofpaper said:
Afterstar said:
_________

I'm pretty sure they can...

Projectiles can hurt anyone, because they are not associated once they become projectiles.

Example 1: Thrown weapons and arrows/bullets will hurt you when used by allies.
example 2: grenades will hurt you.

Also, try editing an arrow to ignore gravity, and its bow to fire a projectile that moves at speed 20. Move yourself into the path of the projectile. You get hit. (only on a battlefield) alternately you can just edit a rock to ignore gravity and slow it down a bit...

I have fought a lot of battle and I have never seen anything on the battle log that would say any of my units hurt an allied unit. The only time i see anything in the log is if I hit one of my own men with a projectile.

so you mean hold fire until cavalry close and then all fire simultaneously? could work indeed but i think i will stick with a spearwall to break the charges

Back
Top Bottom