Voiced greetings have to go. Give us an option to disable them

Users who are viewing this thread

I've been put off many a potential courtship or marriage, purely by the fact that the Lady in question speaks like Cathy Burke after bottle and a half of supermarket own-brand gin.

And in the game as well.

I'd rather have it disabled as well, the greetings sound like everyone is under the influence.
IIRC, they were not sure if they'd add during the development, and I do appreciate their effort in trying, but I dunno...It's one of those game features you need to have a massive resource investment and do it properly, otherwise it ain't worth it. And I mean it for a game with a limited pool of characters; Bannerlord has a plethora of characters. I'd rather invest it in non-generic texts dialogues. For instance, the greetings could at least vary according to culture, etc

instance, the greetings could at least vary according to culture
They should as of 1.1.0 (to a degree, prior to this patch VOs for Aserai, Khuzait and Sturgia used place holders and thus shared the greetings). Greetings have also always varied a bit based on personality. This is also true for voices - I think in total there are ~36 voice variations (not all different actors) for generic characters.

RE OP - 1.1.0 introduced the volume control I mentioned earlier.

adding voice overs for the most generic dialogue you can possibly get is actually a good meme from tw's

you want to hope they're being ironic with how dumb this is and are not actually this out of touch with what makes a good game

Yeah, imo voice acting only works when you have a story driven game and a massive budget to minimise repetition. It's just the wrong type of game for this.

The worst thing about it IMO is that it hampers TW:s ability to diversify the dialogue in the future. Having more varied procedurally generated greetings would be awesome but now that will only be a possibility through mods since TW is going to feel like there must be audio for every variant of the greetings. Not good.

TW please understand that what is missing from the game is depth. It doesn't matter if the dialogue is voiced if there is no sense of meaning or uniqueness to the characters you meet. The problem is that every character says the same lines and offers the same lack of gameplay incentives to talk, voiced greetings makes this problem worse rather than better.

You need to implement gameplay incentives to go into villages and towns and talk to the inhabitants, there needs to be interesting things that can happen when you do so. You also need the lords to have personalities and different things that dialogues can lead to. Relationships needs to feel like more than a number. Come on you are an amazing bunch of talent, you can do it if you want to!

They should as of 1.1.0 (to a degree, prior to this patch VOs for Aserai, Khuzait and Sturgia used place holders and thus shared the greetings). Greetings have also always varied a bit based on personality. This is also true for voices - I think in total there are ~36 voice variations (not all different actors) for generic characters.

RE OP - 1.1.0 introduced the volume control I mentioned earlier.
Thanks, it's good to know what triggers each greeting. I'll give it another go with the new patch (y)

Horrendous isn't it? Given the choice I'd disable VA entirely, just to get rid of that one inappropriate and irritating voice. Worst of all -- I married her! 😧
She is a great beauty. There's that.
( And she has such a winning smile )

Would marry her again.

Last edited:
Here is an example of emotional text to speech.
My hopes would be that this game would use the replica engine so that all the dialogue can be spoken even if its dialogue from mods using text to speech.

I guess people ought to have the option to turn it off even the the current beta has more accents that work well to me.

Back
Top Bottom