Voice lines play from random directions

Users who are viewing this thread

Brandis.

Subforum Moderator
This has to be near the bottom of my personal list, but I figured I'd make a thread as I haven't seen one yet. And maybe different devs are in charge of sound design compared to combat/equipment/classes/ect.

Some of the voice lines are confusing because they sound from predetermined directions. You will often not have a teammate from where the voice appears to be generated from.

These make sense in Siege but don't make sense in Skirmish.

I'd rather that they just be removed from Skirmish as:
  • It's weird to have "ghost" teammates
  • Voice lines imitating your teammates is strange when Skirmish should have VOIP regardless
  • Sometimes capping a flag can be expected, intended, or completely irrelevant, and you have a voice line shouting in your ear that it's the end of the world
I haven't played Captain in a couple weeks but I'm guessing that they make sense there too as you have a lot of bots that could shout these things, and the flags are generally more important or stagnant than in Skirmish.

That has been confusing for quite a lot of players in skirmish. It really is weird to have "invisible" teammates telling you that theyre going to wipe their butts with the flag etc :smile: especially because at the first few times I actually went to look from where those voices came from

A possible solution for this would be to change the voice so you always hear it as if it was your character that was yelling that, that would be way less confusing. A checkbox to disable that yelling would be nice too, it gets a bit tiresome after a while

The first time it happened I looked in the direction where the voice came from, pressed ALT, no teammate was nearby so assumed it was an enemy and went to look for them like Ikarooz above.

I'd rather an option to disable it. Kind of a pointless thing to add on.

Back
Top Bottom