Voice chat

Users who are viewing this thread

I've been playing a lot of mp since launch. I'm not a good player (I hardly warband mp) and I'm not in a clan. In both Skirmish and Captain these days most games include atleast a 3-stack of either clansmen or friends. These areplayers that communicate on discord (or similar services) and that will almost always win any game (unless mirrored by the same strat) by that fact alone.

Let's say you play archer in skirmish; any arrow you shoot that passes by the bedroom of any of the opposing players grandmoms will allert all the cav the world has ever known to your location. Same goes for cav plays; you are always welcomed by 2-3 braced spears whereever you shop your groceries. I play inf; when I see an arrow and spot its origin, I don't have the time to type that out. So when I run to get that archer; the moment he sees me 3-4 inf turn back from whereever they where were going to club me down. I feel like I have a lot of valuable intel to give my comrades about where this, that and the other is heading, but I almost always don't have the time to type it out.

This is incredibly unfair to us who just play alone. And even when I get matched in a 5/6 stack I feel incredibly alone since they dont say anything to me, they talk to eachother trough discord. They don't type anything to me, even useful things for me to know since they know they can win easily whitout me. Whenever they talk to me they usually bully me.

I think voice chat should be implemented for everyone. Ingame it could be controlled with push to talk and you could set the key in the ingame keybinding menu. This would level the playing field, but still it would not make clans lose to anyone they shouldn't. They still have the advantage of knowing eachother, having practiced strats, having collective knowledge about their opponents and generally having synergi. Yet It would make the losses feel less frustrating. Right now I, and my single comrades are playing against psychics.

In addition it would make it easier to teach new players. The question "why is everyone attacking faster than me" can't be answered by typing inbetween stocks to help the guy. This hindarence prevents us from bringing new players into the game.

We've been waiting since Feb 12th for the voice chat that is "VERY SOON READY" to go into the game. Even better if it involves proximity voice chat.
Proximity voice chat would be really cool as a realism feature, but would it not somewhat keep the discord users advantage?

Wait, I thought voice chat was already implemented?

So this whole time, this
wasn't actually other players trying to communicate with me?

Most of the time, the stacks dont communicate with eachother, not about relevant information anyway. We mostly just blabber about stupid things while playing together. Atleast in Skirmish, I cant speak for Captains mode.

I know its probably frustrating to hear it again and again, but finding some people to play with would greatly increase the fun. Doesnt have to be a clan, just find some people you like to play with and queue together.

The problem is that they can't moderate voice chat as easily as text. They'll have some people come here and make complaints about naughty words and wringthink on voice, bad optics. They should just add voice chat and delete threads where soylent males complain about getting online bullied, that way moderating chat and team communications get solved in one.

The problem is that they can't moderate voice chat as easily as text. They'll have some people come here and make complaints about naughty words and wringthink on voice, bad optics. They should just add voice chat and delete threads where soylent males complain about getting online bullied, that way moderating chat and team communications get solved in one.
That's true but they are adding voice chat, benefits out way the drawback of immature gamers thinking the n word is funny.

I imagine custom servers will react quickly to stuff like racism in voice, but taleworlds will probably take some time to deal with it.

That's true but they are adding voice chat, benefits out way the drawback of immature gamers thinking the n word is funny.

I imagine custom servers will react quickly to stuff like racism in voice, but taleworlds will probably take some time to deal with it.
I disagree, the n word is hilarious. Assuming you mean noob. I support the rights of people to steal air jordans from footlocker when they're upset, peacefully of course.

Proximity voice chat would be really cool as a realism feature, but would it not somewhat keep the discord users advantage?
I was assuming that competitive modes would have it as team voice and larger, more casual modes like TDM/Siege would have proximity. It'd be a lot of fun on private servers.

I've been playing a lot of mp since launch. I'm not a good player (I hardly warband mp) and I'm not in a clan. In both Skirmish and Captain these days most games include atleast a 3-stack of either clansmen or friends. These areplayers that communicate on discord (or similar services) and that will almost always win any game (unless mirrored by the same strat) by that fact alone.

Let's say you play archer in skirmish; any arrow you shoot that passes by the bedroom of any of the opposing players grandmoms will allert all the cav the world has ever known to your location. Same goes for cav plays; you are always welcomed by 2-3 braced spears whereever you shop your groceries. I play inf; when I see an arrow and spot its origin, I don't have the time to type that out. So when I run to get that archer; the moment he sees me 3-4 inf turn back from whereever they where were going to club me down. I feel like I have a lot of valuable intel to give my comrades about where this, that and the other is heading, but I almost always don't have the time to type it out.

This is incredibly unfair to us who just play alone. And even when I get matched in a 5/6 stack I feel incredibly alone since they dont say anything to me, they talk to eachother trough discord. They don't type anything to me, even useful things for me to know since they know they can win easily whitout me. Whenever they talk to me they usually bully me.

I think voice chat should be implemented for everyone. Ingame it could be controlled with push to talk and you could set the key in the ingame keybinding menu. This would level the playing field, but still it would not make clans lose to anyone they shouldn't. They still have the advantage of knowing eachother, having practiced strats, having collective knowledge about their opponents and generally having synergi. Yet It would make the losses feel less frustrating. Right now I, and my single comrades are playing against psychics.

In addition it would make it easier to teach new players. The question "why is everyone attacking faster than me" can't be answered by typing inbetween stocks to help the guy. This hindarence prevents us from bringing new players into the game.
+1

I can name you a dozen reasons off the top of my head why we don't need in-game voice comms. Here are just a few of them.
1. The primary demographic that's going to use voice comms is salty nerds telling you how **** you are at the game and trolls blasting racist slurs, Hitler speeches, and ridiculous music for everyone to hear.
2. Due to reason #1 or whatever other reason, most of players are going to keep voice comms on permanent global mute, which defeats their purpose for random teams.
3. As pointed out earlier, decent randoms know what to do even without comms. The opposite is also true: if the player isn't very good at the game, comms are unlikely to help them.
4. Taleworlds' janky servers can't handle the game's basic functions most of times. What tells you they can handle the added load of voice streraming?
5. etc., etc., etc.

What I would personally appreciate way more (if technically possible) is a fuller integration with Steam, so that, let's say, if I met a guy named Alex and wanted to friend him on Steam, I wouldn't have to sift through 900,000 Alexes to find the one I need or seek some other way to do that.

What I would personally appreciate way more (if technically possible) is a fuller integration with Steam, so that, let's say, if I met a guy named Alex and wanted to friend him on Steam, I wouldn't have to sift through 900,000 Alexes to find the one I need or seek some other way to do that.
What we all thought Taleworlds meant when we could add people in game... what they actually gave us was a Taleworlds friends system.

jesus christ.

I can name you a dozen reasons off the top of my head why we don't need in-game voice comms. Here are just a few of them.
1. The primary demographic that's going to use voice comms is salty nerds telling you how **** you are at the game and trolls blasting racist slurs, Hitler speeches, and ridiculous music for everyone to hear.
2. Due to reason #1 or whatever other reason, most of players are going to keep voice comms on permanent global mute, which defeats their purpose for random teams.
3. As pointed out earlier, decent randoms know what to do even without comms. The opposite is also true: if the player isn't very good at the game, comms are unlikely to help them.
4. Taleworlds' janky servers can't handle the game's basic functions most of times. What tells you they can handle the added load of voice streraming?
5. etc., etc., etc.

Native is not the main appeal. Plenty of mods will benefit greatly from voice chat.

Servers will just disable it on their custom servers, but mods will be able to use it on much more niche and curated servers.

What we all thought Taleworlds meant when we could add people in game... what they actually gave us was a Taleworlds friends system.

jesus christ.
The in-house friend system makes sense, as the game's available both on Steam and EGS, and, perhaps, someday they'll return to direct sales, too, like in the old times. Apparently, there has to be some middle ground to intermarry the various account management systems.
Still, as long as someone is connected through Steam, it would be nice to have an easy way to navigate to their page.

Native is not the main appeal. Plenty of mods will benefit greatly from voice chat.

Servers will just disable it on their custom servers, but mods will be able to use it on much more niche and curated servers.
A man can hope. Then, again, it's taking them forever to make custom servers that wouldn't **** their pants two seconds after they're up. Making custom servers with VoIP support would probably take at least two forevers.

A lot of games use external services for VOIP so that it exists seperate to the game servers, and shouldn't cause lag in that regard. Not sure how TW is going about it though.

On the topic at hand, I agree a million percent, bring it in. There's no reason that anyone should be arguing against bringing VOIP in but rather that you can mute players or completely disable it if you wish.

5. etc., etc., etc.

How can you be anti voice chat, shame on you. This is blasphemous propaganda.

Back
Top Bottom