Vlandian sergeant troop needs some love

Users who are viewing this thread

I mostly play captain mode and I notice how bad sergeants are, they get destroyed by anything, their mace has too low damage it does like 20 damage to other heavy infantry, while oaths have better maces and better armor, khuzait spear infantry has super OP maces that 2 shot sergeants, varyags have super one handed axes with 90 DAMAGE, legionaries have a super axe too, combined with improved armor its very usefull against many troops. Sergeants have nothing special, bad mace, bad sword, bad bastard sword that can't be combined with improved armor, they are just not viable in any scenario.

Not all heavy infantry classes should be equally good and every faction should have it's strength that makes it unique. For Vlandia their strength lies xbows for skirmish and voulgiers for captain. I find that the true problem right now for heavy infantry is that peasant units are starting to take over. Clan warriors, warriors, tribal warriors and rabble are all very strong at the moment and can easy overwhelm any heavy infantry.

Not all heavy infantry classes should be equally good and every faction should have it's strength that makes it unique. For Vlandia their strength lies xbows for skirmish and voulgiers for captain. I find that the true problem right now for heavy infantry is that peasant units are starting to take over. Clan warriors, warriors, tribal warriors and rabble are all very strong at the moment and can easy overwhelm any heavy infantry.
so what you re saying is that sergeants are useless and shouldn't be used at all in captain mode? in the other hand I agree on the peasant units, specially sturgian warriors, they are a serious balance problem right now

so what you re saying is that sergeants are useless and shouldn't be used at all in captain mode? in the other hand I agree on the peasant units, specially sturgian warriors, they are a serious balance problem right now
Sergeants can still be used like any other heavy infantry they just are not good in a 1v1. It is most effective to use at least one heavy infantry in a organized infantry attack strategy.

I actually love where heavy inf are at the moment. Yes a light infantry with maces spam gives them considerable trouble, but if you play your cards right heavy infantry are first in to the brawl and many are still standing at the end of the fight.

Isn't Vlandia already the best faction in the game? Even if the Sergeant isn't the best heavy infantry in the game, he's still a strong enough pick to fulfill the same role that the Varyag and Legionary fill when you also consider that Vlandia has an overpowered heavy archer, probably the strongest light archer in the game, DEFINITELY the best peasant unit, strong cavalry options and the second best shock trooper, with throwing axes that can also help said shock troop fulfill a similar role to javelin infantry.

Isn't Vlandia already the best faction in the game? Even if the Sergeant isn't the best heavy infantry in the game, he's still a strong enough pick to fulfill the same role that the Varyag and Legionary fill when you also consider that Vlandia has an overpowered heavy archer, probably the strongest light archer in the game, DEFINITELY the best peasant unit, strong cavalry options and the second best shock trooper, with throwing axes that can also help said shock troop fulfill a similar role to javelin infantry.
Wait.. are you talking captain mode? Because this whole thread is about captain specifically I think.

On the subject matter.... I think sergeants are in a good place at the moment, and honestly I think that Vlandias strongest asset, aka. voulgiers need a bit of a buff in captain mode.

for skirmish no.
they have very limited throwables

Back
Top Bottom