Vlandia

Users who are viewing this thread

So in my current playthrough Vlandia is again steamrolling the entire map. This always happen to me, if I don't spend all of my attention to fight them all the time.

I was busy building my own little kingdom for two in game years, and in that time, they went from 4K army strength, to 17K, twice the power of the 2nd strongest kingdom.

Anyone else having this problem, or am I just extremely unlucky?

This is the norm for me as well. The reason for this seems to be:
  • Cavalry bonus for autocalculations is too damned high
  • Vlandia starts with a fairly high 11 clans and 8 towns, generally with high prosperity
  • Vlandia borders two relatively weak factions that also have more borders
  • Vlandia is often only fighting one faction at a time
  • Factions fighting Vlandia are often at war on multiple fronts
  • Vlandia often manages to recruit from other weaker factions early, furthering the snowball
Basically after Khuzait ceased being absurdly overpowered due to their speed, Vlandia took over as the most likely steamroller.

So in my current playthrough Vlandia is again steamrolling the entire map. This always happen to me, if I don't spend all of my attention to fight them all the time.

I was busy building my own little kingdom for two in game years, and in that time, they went from 4K army strength, to 17K, twice the power of the 2nd strongest kingdom.

Anyone else having this problem, or am I just extremely unlucky?
I've been saying the exact same thing for way too long now.

There are so many options to solve these issues,and we only need to spam and make ourselves heard
-Reduce their towns prospertity and castles by 1000-2000~ and 400-500~!
-Remove 1 clan,1 year ago,characters were created as a competition and the ones who won were added as clans for each kingdom,this very much broke the game.
-Remove cavalry bonus until T3s,the speed stays but the autocalculation needs to go.
-Make a bridge from Revyl to Nevyansk Castle,make a pass between Sibir and Tyal,where they have to go through Borchovagorka,like a cut in the moutain,Balgard-Sibir-Varnovapol should have a fewer trees to slow you down,Revyl-Varcheg-Omor the same as previously mention.
As a side note,it's crazy to think the reason these mistake known as Khuzaits and Vlandians snowball so much is because Sturgia is so hated by the developers,and issues from the launch of the game to today are still present,mainly Sturgia beign hell to traverse and a pain...
-Rework the clan's decision for short wars,this ALSO very much broke the game,at this point I'm just praying TW doesn't add anything anymore because it breaks the game more than a mod ever will.
I will forgive a mod for crashing my game but I will not forgive the developers for ruining my campaigns.

>New mechanic in patch means that X faction slowly takes over its neighbours
>Players demand more anti-snowballing mechanics
>Game becomes less dynamic, massive defeats have even less impact
>Repeat every 4 months until the final conclusion of Bannerlord: armies can regenerate mid-battle, whenever you execute a lord 20 more crawl out of his body, the entire game is a single neverending battle that takes 100 real life hours to complete, and there are 13 billion settlements with garrisons of 30 trillion apiece.

Now they are in a war witj three kindoms, and I have grapped two cities from them, but now thier kindom strenght is at an all time high of 18K. We had them beaten to 10K, and suddenly they just balooned to 18K.

I am not sure this is worth the effort. 😄

They tend to get very big for me too, no as big as OP, but still near 2X a faction size or more. I think it's because of the AI being worse at defending (meaning they don't walk over and attack a besieger as often) it makes the size advantage and border advantage (no exposed back) vlandia has over it's neighbors more effective because it can just chain Sieges with out resistance. All the action and weak fiefs will be thier new fiefs centering the war on the middle of the map and thier main fiefs remain untouched so they never have to go back, so they're always near new siege targets.

They tend to get very big for me too, no as big as OP, but still near 2X a faction size or more. I think it's because of the AI being worse at defending (meaning they don't walk over and attack a besieger as often) it makes the size advantage and border advantage (no exposed back) vlandia has over it's neighbors more effective because it can just chain Sieges with out resistance. All the action and weak fiefs will be thier new fiefs centering the war on the middle of the map and thier main fiefs remain untouched so they never have to go back, so they're always near new siege targets.
Yea,the A.I seems to be dumber.
I remember before they would actually wait a bit before forming armies,in the meanwhile the attackers would rush to sieging,thus making the defender forming a big enough army to insue a win.

Shadowing is also mostly gone.
Parties following an army,keeping their distance until more of them arrive and then they jump in to kill the army.

Armies also sort of never try to defend or shadow,they now also FOR SOME reason chase small parties but not shadow anymore,the **** TW?
Also they play football with fiefs,which is atrocious.

When did they make the parties so dumb?

Also often when it has several armies, they all go and siege the same city, making defence impossible or just take hours. A huge siege can be fun, but barely anyone ever dies, so between waves, the ai just heal up its doomstacks and goes again. After a 3 hour siege, that started to get old.

And Vlandia seem to be able to field an unlimited supply of high tier troops..

Yea,the A.I seems to be dumber.
I remember before they would actually wait a bit before forming armies,in the meanwhile the attackers would rush to sieging,thus making the defender forming a big enough army to insue a win.

Shadowing is also mostly gone.
Parties following an army,keeping their distance until more of them arrive and then they jump in to kill the army.

Armies also sort of never try to defend or shadow,they now also FOR SOME reason chase small parties but not shadow anymore,the **** TW?
Also they play football with fiefs,which is atrocious.

When did they make the parties so dumb?
I was playing Sturgia the other day, and the largest army went to go attack a random castle, while the ruler's army was being destroyed by Vlandia. They were also right next to the ruler so idk what the **** the AI was thinking. I had to disband the army and take control of it, just to weaken Vlandia. They don't really seem to have any disadvantages, unless you constantly beat the crap out of them.

I was playing Sturgia the other day, and the largest army went to go attack a random castle, while the ruler's army was being destroyed by Vlandia. They were also right next to the ruler so idk what the **** the AI was thinking. I had to disband the army and take control of it, just to weaken Vlandia. They don't really seem to have any disadvantages, unless you constantly beat the crap out of them.
Perhaps we should ask for a roadmap,or interview/Q & A with the developers about World Map Balancing,Rebellions,A.I behaviours and QoL improvements.

Now they are in a war witj three kindoms, and I have grapped two cities from them, but now thier kindom strenght is at an all time high of 18K. We had them beaten to 10K, and suddenly they just balooned to 18K.

I am not sure this is worth the effort. 😄
Strength shouldn't be taken in consideration.
If you defeat 1-3 armies,you can snowball a few of their fiefs before they rebuild better armies,but prolonged wars will weaken a faction as parties are created and barrely any high tiers.
Villages also will only have T1 available,while villages from Kingdoms at peace might hold more T2 and T3-4s

Vlandia has one of the strongest starting economies, no vulnerable starting settlements, and good expansion opportunities. A surface level investigation suggests that it will on average be one of the factions that will snowball most often and experience seems to bear this out.

Back
Top Bottom