Vlandia Rebalance When?

Users who are viewing this thread

So far you nerfed some overpowered factions, but vlandia remains untouched and really overpowered (Especially in siege and teamdeathmatch modes)

Their tier 1 infantry unit is the cheapest in game with 80 gold price. That unit runs so fast and can outmaneuver most of other factions infantry classes. It's looter perk is so overpowered once they pick up 2h weapons from ground or if they get their hands on a siege weapon. A person can collect thousands of coins with this unit and always be able to afford elite units and cavalry spam the enemy, exhaust them.

Their archer classes are the best in game once again. They can basically oneshoot best elite classes in game without skipping a beat. They reload in safety and they are especially impossible to overpower if vlandia is defending.

Their heavy infantry is once again so good if not best. They run so fast like all other classes in vlandia, so they can outmaneuver their counter heavy units easily in a fight, they have very decent armour and their curved shield makes it very hard to hit them with swords, even from sides.

Their light cavalry is the only light cavalry that can pick armored horse. if they pick up a shield from ground, they are basically as strong as aserai mamlukes. While being same price with khuzait cavalry why is it that they have better armor, better horse armor and better horse health?

Heavy cavalry is again perhaps the most powerful, their long lance is better than khuzait's heavy lance, they have very high armour and very fast horse, good horse armor also.

So the question remains. Are you aware of this issue? Do you realize vlandia wins most of siege games very easily? If so do you plan to nerf them hard?

Vlandia is literally one of the worst factions, Aserai is the best by far. What are you on?

I agree. Nothing like starting a round of TDM or Siege fighting a bunch of Peasants, only to face an army of Vlandian Sergeants on the very next respawn. And these Sergeants are especially annoying and plentiful in TDM and Siege, and very often they'll simply overpower every infantry battle. Lesser factions like Khuzait, Empire and even Aserai can't hope to match them in infantry battles, while Battania and Sturgia can only hold their lines.

And that would be ok if Vlandia was primarily an infantry faction - but Vlandia is also the best cavalry faction and one of the best archery factions as well. Sharpshooters in particular are annoying as hell. I mean, is there any other ranged troop that frightens you more than a pack of Sharpshooters? Admit it. Once a band of entrenched Sharpshooters reaches a critical mass, they're more threatening than any combination of troops I can think of.

And Peasants are the worst part of it. They're supposed to be the Achilles heel of Vlandian's roster. But they're actually quite formidable fighters, as long as you can scavenge literally any weapon. And with the Looter perk, while costing only 80 gold and having access to aforementioned Sergeant and Sharpshooter troops, Peasants acutally become the strongest light infantry in the game. Screw Battanian clansmen, screw Sturgian warriors... Peasants somehow end up outclassing all of them.

Last edited:
They have to balance between the modes. In Captain they are decent, but probably the weakest overall

And these Sergeants are especially annoying and plentiful in TDM and Siege, and very often they'll simply overpower every infantry battle. Lesser factions like Khuzait, Empire and even Aserai can't hope to match them in infantry battles, while Battania and Sturgia can only hold their lines.
All you have to do is select a mace. You will kill everything in 1-2 hits, no matter if it’s a peasant or heavy inf.

I think people should first learn how to swing a weapon. We have 4 directions, 90% of you is only using horizontal attacks, even when in crowd, glancing on your mates dealing 0 damage. The fact that people dont know how to swing or balance teams has nothing to do with the factions. Fix match balance and see how "OP" Vlandia is then when not all the experienced players can join the same team and fight noobs who will just cry faction is OP. @NIN3 IF for example autobalance by numbers was enforced (no picking team), I doubt Vlandia will be as "OP" as they seem now.

"...auto-balance distributes gamers (and bots) so that their number in different teams is the same. This makes it possible to equalize the chances of both of them to win."

Last edited:
This is the main issue with the constant attempts at balancing. Vlandia might be the best faction in siege but it is one of the worst in skirmish.

It would seem kind of obvious that this would be the biggest issue for Bannerlord MP class system but apparently it's not so obvious.

There are many types of gamers. From what I have gathered, Bannerlord (and other competitive MP games in general) consist of mainly 5 types:

The player who hit the auto-pick team button upon joining.

The player who wait and see what team the good players/clans will join and then she join the same team.

The player who only play a certain faction/side/color - mostly due to the aestical properties of that faction/side/color.

The player who only play a certain faction/side/color - due to the current meta.

The player who seek groups to play with in order to gain an advantage/"have fun", rarely plays solo.

Ill let the reader decide how big procentage of each type Bannerlord has.

The player who only play a certain faction/side/color - mostly due to the aestical properties of that faction/side/color.
^
This is actually a very real thing.

Numerous studies have shown that humans have a natural affinity for the color Red.

This manifests itself in Bannerlord during casual games like TDM and Siege where more players will join the Vlandia (red) faction.

Same thing happened in Warband with Swadia -whose faction color also just happens to be red.

I see this happen in my own Bannerlord experience. Whenever there's a Vlandia mirror matchup, I tend to pick Red Vlandia over Yellow Vlandia, don't ask me why.

As others have already pointed out, Vlandia is absolute trash in Skirmish Mode. Their Sergeants are average compared to top-tier heavy inf (Battanian Oathsworn and Khuzait Spear Infantry) and the Voulgiers have been nerfed 3-4 times now, and are nowhere near as strong as they once were, they're now pretty much on par with other factions' shock inf. Vlandian cav doesn't stand out compared to any other cav. The only Vlandian unit one could make the argument for being OP is their crossbows, due to their damage output per shot.

Thus, in a side by side comparison, Vlandian units aren't really any better (and in many cases are actually inferior) to the units of other factions. This is a blanket comparison that applies to not just Skirmish, but ALL game modes.

I'm pretty sure most people who are claiming Vlandia is OP are players who don't ever right click and just get hewn down in melee no matter what faction they're playing against. The only difference is because most people have a preference for the color red, Vlandia gets picked as a faction far more than any other, thus these players are fighting Vlandia more than any other, and their negative experience with the faction is causing them to have a subconscious bias against Vlandia, blaming the faction for their poor play instead of holding themselves accountable.

I guarantee you if the faction colors were changed around, and Aserai's new faction color became red, we would see an instant increase in Aserai's popularity, and they would be picked more in TDM and Siege than they do now.

I'm pretty sure most people who are claiming Vlandia is OP are players who don't ever right click and just get hewn down in melee no matter what faction they're playing against.
They are only broken in siege. The Eco boost they have is ridiculous. It is too easy for them to accumulate a mass amount of gold and play mostly heavy inf the entire game.

^
This is actually a very real thing.

Numerous studies have shown that humans have a natural affinity for the color Red.

This manifests itself in Bannerlord during casual games like TDM and Siege where more players will join the Vlandia (red) faction.

Same thing happened in Warband with Swadia -whose faction color also just happens to be red.

I see this happen in my own Bannerlord experience. Whenever there's a Vlandia mirror matchup, I tend to pick Red Vlandia over Yellow Vlandia, don't ask me why.

As others have already pointed out, Vlandia is absolute trash in Skirmish Mode. Their Sergeants are average compared to top-tier heavy inf (Battanian Oathsworn and Khuzait Spear Infantry) and the Voulgiers have been nerfed 3-4 times now, and are nowhere near as strong as they once were, they're now pretty much on par with other factions' shock inf. Vlandian cav doesn't stand out compared to any other cav. The only Vlandian unit one could make the argument for being OP is their crossbows, due to their damage output per shot.

Thus, in a side by side comparison, Vlandian units aren't really any better (and in many cases are actually inferior) to the units of other factions. This is a blanket comparison that applies to not just Skirmish, but ALL game modes.

I'm pretty sure most people who are claiming Vlandia is OP are players who don't ever right click and just get hewn down in melee no matter what faction they're playing against. The only difference is because most people have a preference for the color red, Vlandia gets picked as a faction far more than any other, thus these players are fighting Vlandia more than any other, and their negative experience with the faction is causing them to have a subconscious bias against Vlandia, blaming the faction for their poor play instead of holding themselves accountable.

I guarantee you if the faction colors were changed around, and Aserai's new faction color became red, we would see an instant increase in Aserai's popularity, and they would be picked more in TDM and Siege than they do now.
Solution like warband: don't show color. I also fall to this color more often then i like but when put with simply the names, i tend to think about what faction i actually want to play

I guarantee you if the faction colors were changed around, and Aserai's new faction color became red, we would see an instant increase in Aserai's popularity, and they would be picked more in TDM and Siege than they do now
he-is-speaking-guy-explaining-with-a-whiteboard.gif

this feels like the most "local vlandicuck explains why vlandia isn't overpowered: red is scientifically proven to be red bro it's all an optical illusion, bro"

and also thank you for coloring your text for those of us who tend to forget what colour red is

this feels like the most "local vlandicuck explains why vlandia isn't overpowered: red is scientifically proven to be red bro it's all an optical illusion, bro"

and also thank you for coloring your text for those of us who tend to forget what colour red is
It isn't a bad take, i do prefer to take the real vlandia colors over the non vlandian color. But it's nothing a bit of autobalance can't fix.

Yes I forgot to mention, the color red can also trigger emotional responses from individuals -I probably should have had that in my post. Thank you.

I was thinking more between yellow vlandia and red vlandia
Ah I see what you mean. Not refuting the theory - just don't understand it. Generally speaking I choose a faction based on a wide range of things and at the moment I'm on the fence about which I prefer in MP as I'm not keen on the current class system.

I just can't understand why I can't choose whichever weapons I please within the makeup of that faction, and then either choose to wear less armour for more speed - or vice versa. I end up dropping weapons that I don't want (they are all over the on the floor at spawn point in siege), that I had to have because I chose a particular perk because reasons. The peasant class is pointless when you get enough gold to pick the sergeant. I thought each class was meant to be viable at any stage in the match; if I pick peasant class over the sergeant (even though I can afford it ) I'm at a disadvantage. Its why skirmishers are pointless, after you threw your 1-3 javs thats your advantage over and then you are left at a greater disadvantage than light inf, they nerfed the speed so...I just don't get the current class system.

I think the biggest problem with Vlandia's the Sharpshooter right now.

-Decent amount of armor to forgive a lot of mistakes in melee combat
-Hunter Perk combined with the Heavy Crossbow pretty much means that he can delete a lot of enemies from a distance
-Also heard some good things about the Pavise Shield perk, but that doesn't seem like a smart idea when mixing the strongest crossbow in the game with bonus damage to mounts = anti-everything ranged unit

Because of the current imbalances attached to the Sharpshooter, I still think this is the best course of action RN:

• Crossbow replaced with Long Bow (Improved Armor weapon)
  • Heavy Crossbow replaced with Trophy Weapon (Replaces your bow with a random one from any culture)
    • Imperial Recurve Bow
    • Recurve Bow (generic Heavy Archer bow)
    • Composite Bow
    • Woodland Longbow
    • Yeow Longbow
    • Lowland Longbow
    • Hunting Longbow
    • Tribesman Longbow
    • You might get to spawn with a bow that can be used on horseback!
  • Arbalest/Bolt replaced with Hickory Crossbow/Strong Bolt
  • New Ammo type: Vlandian Bolt (Available via Crossbow perk/Hunter. Brings the Hickory Crossbow's damage up to 84, but only has 15 bolts!*)
*Didn't realize that the light archers' crossbows can deal 80 damage with strong bolts. I thought they were weaker for some reason. In that case, I guess the best way to balance 84 ranged damage + 24 armor would be to severely limit the amount of ammo he has.

Actually, looking at the Sharpshooter's stats, would 80 damage + 33 armor be more unkillable than 88 damage and 24 armor?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom