Visual evidence of village parties nuking my garrison

bruh

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

i have finally captured a villager party blowing up one of my garrisons on tape. I loaded my game so i could be there when it happened but this bug can happen even when you are across the map. This is a huge issue because when it happens you get crazy amounts of desertion. When it happens it says only 10 or so guys left but when this happened to me last i counted up my guys and about 40 had left. Imo this is one of the worst bugs in the game because it makes it so your garrisons are pretty much never safe. pls fix

lmaoooo after i made this it happened to me again and i lost 70 men someone patch this

Last edited:
I have never said this bug and I have played some campaigns more than 20 years. When dos you start this campaign. This huge village parties are hilarous.

I have never said this bug and I have played some campaigns more than 20 years. When dos you start this campaign. This huge village parties are hilarous.
idk it has been happening for a while. this one is at age 118 but i have seen it as early as mid game

i have finally captured a villager party blowing up one of my garrisons on tape. I loaded my game so i could be there when it happened but this bug can happen even when you are across the map. This is a huge issue because when it happens you get crazy amounts of desertion. When it happens it says only 10 or so guys left but when this happened to me last i counted up my guys and about 40 had left. Imo this is one of the worst bugs in the game because it makes it so your garrisons are pretty much never safe. pls fix

lmaoooo after i made this it happened to me again and i lost 70 men someone patch this

There is so much wrong in this video
The Bug
The Villager Party Size
The Bandit Size in comparison
That the amount of your gold is most likely heavier than the castle with all his inhabitants
The Age of your Character
The amount of War that is going on

Huh... crazy... I would have never noticed this happening. Other then going to my garrison and wondering why I had all peasants and all my high tier troops were gone lol

There is so much wrong in this video
The Bug
The Villager Party Size
The Bandit Size in comparison
That the amount of your gold is most likely heavier than the castle with all his inhabitants
The Age of your Character
The amount of War that is going on
the villager party size is so big cause this area has almost never been touched since the start of the game.
idk why the bandit groups are small tbh.
i have all that gold cause i bought all the fiefs on the map with the trade perk so for a while i was making 600-700k per day.
i have not needed to restart for a long while cause the last big beta branches have been compatible and they did the refactoring so this character has been around for a long while.
as far as "the bug" goes idk this is something that just happens to me here and there, like i said this is something that has happened mid game so it isnt related to my character's age.
and the reason there is a lot of war is because i gave all the fiefs back so i could revive all the other factions.

this

It could be a legitimate bug, but it also could be due to the age of your game, and the numerous patches it has gone through messing everything up in the save.

Post it here Technical support, and also try checking the known issues if it's already known to the devs.
From my quick scan, it doesn't seem to be there. Try reporting it.

This isn't really a bug, per se. It's actually because they apply the party disband mechanic to villager parties in some circumstances. I made a post about it awhile back:
I know, I was just trying to connect the dots between both of your experiences and figure out why villagers would be going to a castle in the first place, as was happening in the case of OP.

In any case, mystery solved I think. When a villager party takes too long to reach it's destination, the game will sometimes create a new party under certain circumstances. Once the old villager party finally reaches its destination it gets the signal that it's been replaced and obeys the command to disband. It does this by travelling to a nearby allied fief and merging with the garrison, similar to a player's companion party, while the new villager party heads back to its associated village after delivering goods.

The slow walking speed of 200+ villager parties probably causes them to get "lost" and replaced more often than their speedier brethren. It's also way more noticeable when it happens with a large party than a small one. Here is an example of what's happening:

I stood in front of the gates of enemy town Epicrotea, blocking the path of various hostile parties trying to enter until I noticed two villager parties from the same village show up. I then moved and let them enter. Upon exiting from Epicrotea, one party headed to Mecalovea Castle to disband and one headed back home.

Two-Ferth-Parties.png

New-Ferth-Villagers.png

Heading Home
Extra-Ferth-Villagers.png

Disbanding

And here are the garrisons of Mecalovea Castle before and after the villager party enters (Ferth is of Sturgian culture):

Extra-Ferth-Villagers-Mecalovea-Castle-Garrison-Before.png

Garrison Before
Extra-Ferth-Villagers-Mecalovea-Castle-Garrison-After.png

Garrison After

Maybe the game should check to see if the garrison is at capacity before merging the peasants with it so desertion doesn't become a problem. As you pointed out though, the hearth growth rate has been lowered, so there will probably be fewer gigantic villager parties roaming the map in any new campaigns from this point on, making this event somewhat more rare.

As a side note, I checked what happens to a bound villager party mid-journey when their fief changes hands. They switch sides and pick a new destination without missing a beat.
Mexxico is aware of it as far as I know (that was more than 2 months ago though, so he may have forgotten).

This isn't really a bug, per se. It's actually because they apply the party disband mechanic to villager parties in some circumstances. I made a post about it awhile back:

Mexxico is aware of it as far as I know (that was more than 2 months ago though, so he may have forgotten).

Well hopefully they writing these points down

I remember having my first castle garrison filled with peasants and I wondered where they had come from. There were more peasants in the garrison than there were in the attached villages. I took them into my party and then disbanded the whole lot of them.

This has been a bug since EA started.

Back
Top Bottom