Villages should give luxury items when raiding scaling with the hearth level

Users who are viewing this thread

Totalgarbage

Sergeant Knight
Right now, it's not worth it to raid most villages economically. As the title says, when you raid a village, you should get more than just the primary and the trickling (i.e. cows and butter in a grain village) produced goods of the village but also other goods such as Wine, Oil, Jewellery, Velvet, Spices etc. scaling with the village hearth. Just as a suggestion, the rate could be like 0-1 wine/oil from villages <300 hearths, 2-3 wine/oil and/or 0-1 spices/jewellery from 301-600 hearths and 5-6 wine/oil and/or 2-3 spices/jewellery from villages >600 hearths. Of course I'm not fully sure how the economy exactly works so these amounts are just suggestions. The plunder from the raids don't have to be ridiculous like they were in warband, but they should definitely be higher.

@cuce , I'm tagging you because if I remember, you're the economy guy. @SadShogun , iirc, you work on character skill progression. As an additional suggestion, roguery skill should also decrease raiding time by 0.1% per level in addition to its current effect - at the max level of 330, it would only be 33% + 5% from one of the perks, which seems reasonable.

If not this, I think luxury items should drop when you choose to sack cities. Currently the effects are small, but if showing mercy gives you a little money, the second option some loot, sacking should initiate a sequence similar to the village raiding one. If not this, another level, "razing" should be added. With that the attackers DONT conquer the city, but all of its projects are destroyed and it gives you luxury goods and a lot of money. Just my thoughts

we are working on this currently, and we settled on something similar on what you are proposing here.

roughly, instead of just relying on village inventory for raiding loot, we are rewarding denars, trade goods that would be commonly found in villages (such as linen, live stock, various foods, hard wood, salt etc) and of course primary production of the village. oh also, if you complete a village raid successfully instead of leaving in the middle of it you will be getting a reduced time for your disorganized state maybe non at all.

the primary idea is to make village raids a profitable action to begin with, but we didn`t want to make them just give denars, but instead primarily reward the action through trade goods. that makes sense both roleplay wise but also creates a difference between raiding villages, running back to towns to make money, and marching through Onira.

with this of course some of the perks and skill effects will be adjusted and changed as well to match the new method.

we are working on this currently, and we settled on something similar on what you are proposing here.

roughly, instead of just relying on village inventory for raiding loot, we are rewarding denars, trade goods that would be commonly found in villages (such as linen, live stock, various foods, hard wood, salt etc) and of course primary production of the village. oh also, if you complete a village raid successfully instead of leaving in the middle of it you will be getting a reduced time for your disorganized state maybe non at all.

the primary idea is to make village raids a profitable action to begin with, but we didn`t want to make them just give denars, but instead primarily reward the action through trade goods. that makes sense both roleplay wise but also creates a difference between raiding villages, running back to towns to make money, and marching through Onira.

with this of course some of the perks and skill effects will be adjusted and changed as well to match the new method.
Sounds great, is there a chance to get the luxury horses through a village raid?

This sounds great, thank you!

the drop rate is related to production rate, and production of higher tier horses is quite low, but technically it will be possible.

@cuce Have you thought about something like: When you sell a trade good above the Global average price you get trade xp even if you did NOT purchased it from another town. (looted it from village raids or battles).
This is going to make looting and caravan raiding even better. They certainly need to be better.

the drop rate is related to production rate, and production of higher tier horses is quite low, but technically it will be possible.
This means that a village would be theoretically able to produce for example Destrier, Cossian, etc. horses?

we want to keep the trade xp really trade oriented but of course that is not exactly the case, reward of looting and raiding shouldnt really be trade experience in my opinion. we are going to make them worth your time loot wise.

caravans are usually worth the effort and risk if you know how to find and catch them.

@nereid yes, new horse tiers are produced at villages.

@cuce since I caught you here, can I ask whether TW discussed my suggestion of selecting your character's game stage (default start, as a bandit, a mercenary, a vassal or a ruler) at character creation?

I just want my character to raid the village in real time. Hear the scream of frightened women and children as he sets their thatched roof houses aflame with torch and terrible grin on his face only bannerlord can emulate 🤭

sounds good

Back
Top Bottom