Villages hardly giving any troops

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

letho2500

Recruit
My god this is painful. I really want to use legionnaires, but the empire is wiped out. That means I need to go to their previous villages to recruit them.

But here's the problem. There's only a small chance to get the original factions troops, and even when I do, I only get 1 MAYBE 2 or 3. This takes like an hour running between villages constantly dodging dread legions just to get the 100 troops i'd like.

However, this isn't JUST a problem when getting legionnaries. I'm ravenstern, and we own all of ravensterns territory. But getting 100 or so rangers still takes forever. Even with my 100 relation villages, they give me a maximum of about 15, and sometimes they give me footmen which are useless to me.

I don't understand. Why make villages give such a tiny amount of troops? How am I supposed to field an army with this crap?

Do some quests for villages, and you'll swim in recruits. Upon each relation change, you get new recruits to hire, and also, the higher your relation is with a village, the more amount and higher quality of troops you'll get.

Also, once you have a walled fief, send out a recruiter to get troops from the nearby villages for a month. He will do the dirty work for you.

Gorvex said:
Do some quests for villages, and you'll swim in recruits. Upon each relation change, you get new recruits to hire, and also, the higher your relation is with a village, the more amount and higher quality of troops you'll get.

Also, once you have a walled fief, send out a recruiter to get troops from the nearby villages for a month. He will do the dirty work for you.

As I said, even with 100 relation, they only give about 15 troops. Also, they very often give me the wrong kind of troop, which makes each one they give me worthless. I do not have a castle/town in empire territory, so my recruiter won't go there to grab recruit. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem I can prioritize which troop they go to, since they only seem to visit the villages attached so the fief.

Oops, I missed the part about saying you have 100 relation with some villages already.

Welp, in that case  you still got taverns and most importantly prisoner stacks to recruit plenty of troops from.

Gorvex said:
Oops, I missed the part about saying you have 100 relation with some villages already.

Welp, in that case  you still got taverns and most importantly prisoner stacks to recruit plenty of troops from.

Taverns = mercenaries and mercenaries are stupid expensive, not worth it.

I specifically want legionnaires. Was this part of the mod seriously given such little thought? You'd think a massive problem like this wouldn't exist, the villages in native were perfectly fine, this shouldn't have been changed.

Okay, I think I figured it out. Doing quests for the villages definitely works. Although, the quest with rescuing the elder's daughter is definitely not worth doing. It seems if I can get 3 villages next to eachother with max relation, I can do easy tasks for them and quickly raise an army.

It's better to befriend villages on your usual travel paths, not clusters of them - this way you'll be able to recruit without running around just for the recruiting. Around Singal there are a lot of strong bandit parties which will end up with a lot of prisoners for free - inquisition and singalians spawn frequently and can beat even lords.

letho2500 said:
Gorvex said:

Taverns = mercenaries and mercenaries are stupid expensive, not worth it.

I specifically want legionnaires. Was this part of the mod seriously given such little thought? You'd think a massive problem like this wouldn't exist, the villages in native were perfectly fine, this shouldn't have been changed.

No, no it wasn't given little though, if you want it to work like Native, go play Native. It is indeed the players problem for letting a major faction get wiped out especially when you want their troops. Maybe next time go help them out and curb the destruction of a major faction.

It's not a problem, its the players fault for trying to get a factional troops from the faction that is wiped out.

Additionally, getting 15 troops is quite a lot, if you got 100 relations with a village, you can get a max army in no time.

What I gather is that you are entitled and the mod can't keep up with your standards.

With maximum village disposition it's not 15 recruits - it's random. Can be 37 recruits, can be 10 Empire Gladiators. Besides it only matters when you need recruits ASAP for strengthening initial garrison - with proper Surgery and tactics just rescuing prisoners is enough, or more than enough.

That's a great way to say "screw off, I don't care what you say, my mod is perfect and anybody who has any criticism of it is wrong." You realize it was my own damn faction that destroyed the empire? I am part of the d'shar, they wiped out the empire because the king kept declaring war.

If you read the damn responses you would realize that I figured out how to raise a large army, and no, it wasn't because I can build an entire army of off a single villages 15 troops, which by the way, aren't even the right kind of troop half the time since they went down the wrong path.

You have a horrible attitude, your mod is great, I love it, but this is awful. You directly insult people who have any criticism and i've seen you do it often on reddit as well.

Well, you could always use cheat mode to add the number of empire recruits you want based off the number of troops you got from the village to keep it even. And yea, a lot of mod authors on Taleworlds forums can be really rude to any kind of criticism; most push a lot of their own mod supporters away by being rude like that. The "go play native" line does get old after the 5000th time you see a mod author throw that at someone.

Whitestrake said:
Well, you could always use cheat mode to add the number of empire recruits you want based off the number of troops you got from the village to keep it even. And yea, a lot of mod authors on Taleworlds forums can be really rude to any kind of criticism; most push a lot of their own mod supporters away by being rude like that. The "go play native" line does get old after the 5000th time you see a mod author throw that at someone.

I was just making a suggestion and asking for advice on how to work around this. I don't really like cheating since it's always a slipper slope in that i'll end up using cheats for an advantage instead of finding a way around it.

edit: By the way, I don't know if you are a veteran based just on your profile picture, but if you are, thank you for your service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom