e1.6.0.
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
-
Summary:
Due to the fact that you reduced the base hearth, problems now break the balance, as their values remain the same. Problems appear very often, they are almost always and everywhere. And then there is the frequent robbery during the war. Villages have no chance to thrive. Villages are dying out.
It is also necessary to balance the politics of the kingdoms, which reduce the hearths of the villages.

How to Reproduce:
Play a game.

Have you used cheats and if so which: -
Scene Name (if related): -
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Village1
Village2

Last edited:
Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Excuse me, but why do you need a save file? This is not a bug in an individual game. The maximum base hearth is +0.6. Quest with problem -1. Total -0.4. I have attached screenshots. This is a common balance error, everyone has it. After the last patches. You just need to wait for the quest in the village. I do not understand something?

UPD:
Village - big screen
save file
I have already given files for another bug. Both errors are in this file. But you need to wait for the quest, which reduces the hearth by -1.

Last edited:
Excuse me, but why do you need a save file? This is not a bug in an individual game. The maximum base hearth is +0.6. Quest with problem -1. Total -0.4. I have attached screenshots. This is a common balance error, everyone has it. After the last patches. You just need to wait for the quest in the village. I do not understand something?

UPD:
Village - big screen
I have already given files for another bug. Both errors are in this file. But you need to wait for the quest, which reduces the hearth by -1.

Too be even more blunt than you are.. They nerfed the hearth rate growth I think in 1.59.. but they didnt adjust the negative effects to compensate.

So yah I agree this is a universal issue.
But overall though I get why they want the files, cause if its not supposed to be the case that the negative effect of the village being -1 then its a bug.

Just by looking at your attached screenshots it should be enough to go by though, that is it a design decision that the effect is -1.
Did they just forget to adjust it(I'm hopeing this is the case).
Or is it a genuine bug as the negative impact should only be 0,5.

Summary:
Due to the fact that you reduced the base hearth, problems now break the balance, as their values remain the same. Problems appear very often, they are almost always and everywhere. And then there is the frequent robbery during the war. Villages have no chance to thrive. Villages are dying out.
It is also necessary to balance the politics of the kingdoms, which reduce the hearths of the villages.

How to Reproduce:
Play a game.

Have you used cheats and if so which: -
Scene Name (if related): -
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Village1
Village2
In town screen select "Irrigation" as daily default.
And the villages should grow again.

In town screen select "Irrigation" as daily default.
And the villages should grow again.
Well this dont fix the issue for the AI lords who are mostly focusing on "prosperity" boost (which leads to starvation of the town).

The problem isnt a big deal like most of the issues for us the players, but the aI dont seem to prioritize correctly thus this penalty of -1 is too high vs the reduced hearth production they did.

But overall the number is imo too high regardless of the player's interactions or not, haveing villages dying of cause they have a problem is abit excessive.
Thats when the micro-management "takes" too much focus, it should be severe impact yes, but not kill it of.

Sorry, I forgot to open access. Now all images and files can be viewed and downloaded

UDP:
The quest is called - the village needs tools. It reduces hearths by -1, which leads to extinction.

Last edited:
Not op, but suffer from same issue.

And I'm sorry if I'm comeing of rude, but I cant grasp why you need files for this.

is it intended that the growth is +0,6 and quest issues should be -1 giveing net growth when villages have quest -0,4 for quite some time.
Is it intended that after you changed the value of village hearth growth from it was to the new lower, that the quest should still give the same penalty or is it an oversigth.(as in your forgot to tune the quest negative value at the same time).
Or wasnt aware that AI lords neglect villages, so they "die out".

This may I add is specifically the quest "extortion" it applies to.
The other quests like "Village needs grain" gives like -0,2, which means that the normal growth is higher and the net growth while the quest are active in villages is +0,4.

The issue is with that one specific quest which gives -1 and if its in the same village for long(as it sadly tends to be the village will "die out" and thus not provide enough food for its town or castle.

The original poster have provided 2 screenshots of the issue ingame, and I also confirm that I get the same issue when its related to that "Extortion quest" otherwise the penalty is at said like -0,2 for quest.

For the record I tried now for quite some time to go into one of my saves to find a village that had the quest and the issue at hand, but alas it was just "need grain" quest that popped for me, so I cant provide an easy save(I'm not original poster who you asked this of) where you can just go to the village and see it.

But I "still dont get it" why you need the save.
The question I want answered is it correct that some quest are supposed to give -1 penalty to growth for villages.(Extortion quest)
This is a "yes/no".
Should the answer be yes, then its a design choice - fine.
Should the answe be no, then its a bug on our end - thus we need to provide files.

I have changed the troops, I can not turn off this mod, the game will not load. The changed troops do not affect the problems I showed you. I did everything in my power and took my time. You can repeat the problem without saves. I described the problem in as much detail as possible and provided screenshots. It is obvious and easily repeatable.

I have changed the troops, I can not turn off this mod, the game will not load. The changed troops do not affect the problems I showed you. I did everything in my power and took my time. You can repeat the problem without saves. I described the problem in as much detail as possible and provided screenshots. It is obvious and easily repeatable.
Also I dont use mods, and I get just the exact same issue, so its not mod related per se.

Then maybe you will load them saves with a quest for -1? Two quests seem to be. About tools and extortion
I would if I found a village with the issues.

I spent quite alot of time earlier just looking for it, but it wasnt there.

Still my question is simple to answer by a dev, is it a oversight from the devs that those quests have -1 and not like the other quest.
Should it not be an oversight then its abit too high imo.
Should it be like the other quests in terms of penalty and we 2 get it, then yes we are bugged, and I can go spend hrs to find that quest and a village with it.

I spent a good 45 min + earlier trying to find such a village tbh earlier - as I said in the post above ->

"For the record I tried now for quite some time to go into one of my saves to find a village that had the quest and the issue at hand, but alas it was just "need grain" quest that popped for me, so I cant provide an easy save(I'm not original poster who you asked this of) where you can just go to the village and see it."

And I'm not relishing the prospect of tbh "wasteing" more of my time on finding a quest, when it can be answered quite simply by Taleworlds that those quest are intended to give -1.
Really it shouldnt take that long for them to ask a dev who is on job, I dont know how their system is, but typically it would be in the support work where I used to work a 2 min question, its a simple yes/no from what I'm asking.
Should it be considered a bug - really, then yes I'll spend more timeing finding this issue.
But again I'm not the op of this, I'm just chimeing in that I also get this, and I'm unmodded.(so we've thus ruled out that mods is the issue).

Back
Top Bottom