Villagers/NPC Not Spawning...

Users who are viewing this thread

KingKastro

Recruit
I have literally followed the directions word for word:
- Created Navmesh: (Set all face ID 0 to ID 1, Set Face ID 2 for all the places I have spawns and animations points, set face ID 3 for all animal spawns/areas)
- Creat "Navivation_mesh_deactivator" (Set "Disable with faceID script to 1, and 3 for animals)
- No disconnected navmesh
- Spawns are all on top of navmesh
- I have Sp spawn, battleset, all three common areas (with spawns)
- Set sp_player_conversation
- Set Debug menu and selected Village scene and ticked NPC box (it says there are 7-9 villagers depending upon what I have done and additally placed) and I have made sure that all the minumums of each entity is placed (EX. 3 common areas, the 6 I think parent notables, etc)

Currently, my main map has only animals spawning in but they do not seem to move even with "Disable Wandering" off

I have created new maps and in those ones the animals do not even spawn

I have also tried putting soft borders, Flee lines, and Common_hidden (Don't even know what that does)

If someone could please help or give me some pointers... Maybe just tell me what you did exactly to get villagers to spawn in using a new map?

If I cannot get them to spawn in using you exact method that works for you, I may try to do it on a new computer and see if that works. Since it seems to work for some people.

Instead of replacing the files inside sandbox core/sceneobj/empire_village_003 to replace my map with Teava's on the main game map, I made a new module, saved my map as empire_village_003 and placed the file in my modules sceneobj folder and made sure my module was activated when i played the game. that ended up working.

Upvote 0
I kinda did it your way, some animals started roaming, but those retarded villagers spawns like that:

5DCDB4A1648556E6C177D36F999E06E82E81571C

IDK what i did wrong, debug tool doesn't shows anything.

++ quick talk background doesn't work either way.

Upvote 0
Its generally a bad idea to move/copy scene files from one folder to another using your file explorer, what I would recommend doing is using the "save as" function to save the village scene to a new module (if you need to, there is a button to do that in the "file" dropdown, at the top of the editor), when you save as the scene, save it with the name "empire_village_003", that way when you go to the base game, your custom module's "empire_village_003", overwrites the base game "empire_village_003", without having to tamper with native files. Its generally unadvisable to replace any base game files without a good reason/backups, otherwise you'll have to verify game integrity to get them back, overriding with modules should work for all scenes anyway.

Upvote 1
Back
Top Bottom