Village parties joining garrisons needs to be changed

help me

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

i once made a forum post about a problem in which peasant parties join your garrisons causing them to overflow which causes you to lose your good troops. in that post someone linked me to another post where a dev explained why it was happening. Pretty much this happens when a village party takes longer than a week to go trade at a town and return. This causes the village to spawn another party and the existing party then disbands and goes into your garrison. I originally thought this was happening because my save was really old and a lot of villages had over 3k hearths which made the parties over 100+ so they oftentimes would be too slow to reach the town within a week. However, on my new save i have found that even with new parties this still happens... a lot. i am currently set up at revyl and varcheg along with most of the area south of that. I have found that revyl, varcheg, and ustokol castle suffer from this problem at and ungodly rate. all it takes is some bandit party camping the road and the villager parties stack up really quickly. in those 3 garrisons alone i have a total of 1500 peasants and it would easily be several times that number but they overflow and i dont bother moving them anymore. but this problem isnt exclusive to that area. caleus and nevesky castle are both peasant generators which is extremely annoying because it forces me to leave at least 100 spots open so the garrisons dont get blown up. this issue isnt a bug, it is a broken system for getting rid of extra peasant parties. i dont care if these peasant parties get evaporated into thin air, all i know is they should absolutely not be allowed to go and join the player's garrison
Link to old thread https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...rties-nuking-my-garrison.428922/#post-9509460

Last edited:
build all the food upgrades (hire engineers for governors)
Don't do any quest(unless you want too)
Don't over fill the garrisons
tank prosperity all over as you expand you apocalypses knight mare kingdom across calradia
I guess it becomes some kind of weird communist utopia where everybodies poor but everyone has lotsa a food
Works for me cuz I'm the leader of the ****ing world!

I'm all for a "lowest tier units desert 1st" mechanic, but in general not putting too many in a garrison and staggering out your troops between fiefs is a good idea no matter what.

build all the food upgrades (hire engineers for governors)
Don't do any quest(unless you want too)
Don't over fill the garrisons
tank prosperity all over as you expand you apocalypses knight mare kingdom across calradia
I guess it becomes some kind of weird communist utopia where everybodies poor but everyone has lotsa a food
Works for me cuz I'm the leader of the ****ing world!

I'm all for a "lowest tier units desert 1st" mechanic, but in general not putting too many in a garrison and staggering out your troops between fiefs is a good idea no matter what.

the prosp doesn't matter for this problem, nor hearths. On my very first castle i bought it had already been chocked full of peasants. This is happening because bandit parties are delaying village parties and those village parties then go and join your garrison. Sadly the only real option is to keep 100 free slots in your garrisons for them to pile into. again ill just say that village parties should not be able to join your garrisons and tbh i dont know why they are allowed to do so in the first place.

the prosp doesn't matter for this problem, nor hearths. On my very first castle i bought it had already been chocked full of peasants. This is happening because bandit parties are delaying village parties and those village parties then go and join your garrison. Sadly the only real option is to keep 100 free slots in your garrisons for them to pile into. again ill just say that village parties should not be able to join your garrisons and tbh i dont know why they are allowed to do so in the first place.
Nah you still need to feed them.

where a dev explained why it was happening

I don't care why it is happening. It shouldn't be happening. Not a single troop should be added to my garrisons without my permission.

Lost villagers can jump in the ocean for all I care, just stay the hell out of my garrisons!

I don't care why it is happening. It shouldn't be happening. Not a single troop should be added to my garrisons without my permission.

Lost villagers can jump in the ocean for all I care, just stay the hell out of my garrisons!
giphy.gif

Exactly! That is the very attitude one would expect from a feudal land owning oligarch. Since when did pompous lords and over fed rulers ever let large groups of wayward peasants stay in their castles for extended periods??? The stables perhaps... Maybe even the servants quarters... But the castle garrison???

giphy.gif

Your wishes have been answered
Did this get into 1.5.3 yet? I got a "2 soldiers have deserted form crap crap castle" last night, I don't anything else but peasants could cause a problem, but it could be maybe companion dumping troops too.... idduno.

I just keep a watch on the towns I put the good troops in and don't worry to much about castles.

Did this get into 1.5.3 yet? I got a "2 soldiers have deserted form crap crap castle" last night, I don't anything else but peasants could cause a problem, but it could be maybe companion dumping troops too.... idduno.

I just keep a watch on the towns I put the good troops in and don't worry to much about castles.
Don’t think it’s in 1.5.3 yet

Back
Top Bottom