Users who are viewing this thread

I have -100 relationship with a lot of them because I executed a lot of lords while they were a part of that lord's faction. I'm now their lord.

However they won't allow me to take any quests so I can't raise my relationship with them again, ironically due to having a low relationship.

There should be a few options for this.

1. A speech check. Convince them to let the past go. "We were at war. You were my enemy and you were supplying nearby cities I needed to capture. So of course I would raid you. Now I'm your lord and it's my responsibility to protect and nurture this village. So forget your grievances and look toward a brighter future."

2. Depose them. You're the lord now so you should be able to replace who's in charge. Heck, I'll execute them if they don't co-operate. I need troops and they're preventing me from getting them. Perhaps nominating another villager or even having a companion take over for a while.

3. Enable the "hostile action" menu for settlements you own. Maybe not raiding but forcing them to give you troops and supplies should definitely be an option. If they won't co-operate freely then I'll rule with an iron fist and force them to co-operate.

I feel these extra options would fit well within the game and allow you to both roleplay more and also prevent this troop lock where you can only hire one rubbish recruit at a time.

Similar issue, at -24 relations with the 3 notables in a bound village and even after a year of 100 security the relations will not improve. You get messages stating relations are improving due to high security but it doesn't seem to apply to the 1 village I need relation improvement.

Does anyone know if this is working as intended? I've executed people but that has NEVER had a negative impact on my relations with village notables. Are you playing the 1.1.0 Beta Patch or 1.0.3 main patch? If the former, I strongly suspect it's a bug. If the latter... just how many lords do you have to kill for this to even be a thing, lol?

I also thought about the same, well, or should I also remove or somehow replace key people (those who are in a state of enmity, for example, I have hostile gang leaders due to the fact that I clear lanes)

I wish it were possible to purge gang leaders in cities you own or are the monarch of since it's very strange for dudes in the highest position of authority to be completely unable to do the most basic part of their jobs; cleansing crime from the streets! I think being able to replace notables, especially in territories you own, should be implemented at least for immersion's sake since it really demands suspension of disbelief when the literal king of the world can't lay a finger on some two-bit gang boss lol.

I wish it were possible to purge gang leaders in cities you own or are the monarch of since it's very strange for dudes in the highest position of authority to be completely unable to do the most basic part of their jobs; cleansing crime from the streets! I think being able to replace notables, especially in territories you own, should be implemented at least for immersion's sake since it really demands suspension of disbelief when the literal king of the world can't lay a finger on some two-bit gang boss lol.
this is the whole point, it’s a pity that it has not yet been implemented or will be implemented at all, although there was some mod that expanded the capabilities of a regular game, for example, it was possible to arrange a rebellion yourself, it makes you wonder if someone could make such a mod, then it’s somehow strange that they can’t do obvious things, and key people eventually come and go in the game itself, which prevents them from making their departure premature or just firing them, and it’s really very strange that even if you capture all of Calradia, you can’t expel gang leaders from cities or those with whom you ruined relations or generally make key people out of your companions if you own a settlement, as for example with lords.

Real world, and specifically medieval world, didn't work on emotions and +/- relations. It worked on hierarchy of subordination. Village elder can think&feel whatever he wants about his lord, at the end he needs to obey and pay taxes. If he doesn't, he will be judged and punished. Very often paying with his life. Same goes with lords vs kings. Defecting lord should be considered as oath-braker / enemy of kingdom. When captured, he should also be taken in front of the court/king and be sentenced. This game has it simply wrong and especially in later phase of game this neverending allegiance switching is just lame and not fun at all.

Does anyone know if this is working as intended? I've executed people but that has NEVER had a negative impact on my relations with village notables. Are you playing the 1.1.0 Beta Patch or 1.0.3 main patch? If the former, I strongly suspect it's a bug. If the latter... just how many lords do you have to kill for this to even be a thing, lol?
It has to be clans they had relation with or who they support but yeah you can lose a lot of notable relations fast. It doesn't matter much because you still keep +recruitment slots from perks or faction and of course forced recruitment.
Edit: Yes it's normal.

Last edited:
It has to be clans they had relation with or who they support but yeah you can lose a lot of notable relations fast. It doesn't matter much because you still keep +recruitment slots from perks or faction and of course forced recruitment.
So, that's normal? I guess I didn't execute enough people to notice lol. Well, I'm not that surprised since it makes sense for people who liked the guys you killed to dislike you in turn and since Warband was extremely punishing of non-nice players I'm not surprised Bannerlord's the same.

Back
Top Bottom