Vikingr : One-Click Download? Desura!

Users who are viewing this thread

Desura.jpg

By Odin's Beard!

Vikingr is now fully operational and functioning upon the digital distribution platform Desura.

What does this mean for the end-user?

Once the lightweight Desura client has been installed, you may keep track of Vikingr and its updates completely hasslefree. Any changes that we make to the mod in the form of patches are automatically applied and verified through the Desura network, resulting in a mod that is always up to date.

What other benefits can I gain from this?

Aside from being eternally in sync with the mod, holding the ability to verify any files incase of corruption or loss of data, the use of Desura will provide automatic exposure of Vikingr to the community active upon Mod DB [parent host] and Desura. You will be promoting the mod through use. You will be assisting the developer team in boosting server numbers. (We hope, some men just aren't cut out for brutal Dark Age fighting)  :razz:

So, enough of this jibber-jabber. Here is the link of almighty doom!

Vikingr on Desura!

You can really assist in our efforts to ensure Vikingr remains alive! Download the mod through Desura and // or the Mod DB patch system. Write up an honest review of the mod on the Desura // Mod DB website, follow the mod and provide support. Upload your images, videos and write up ye're articles of usefulness. This mod survives entirely upon our dedicated and generous fan-base, keep it up chaps!

Dear Eiríkr Rauði, thank you.

When I try to download a patch or mod or Install Desura displays an error message "Can not open this URL ....."  :cry: :sad: 

I will support the fun-motion and mod commentary and all other than I can (ideas, events, participation ....)

Oi!

You thar'!

Write up a review, post ye're Vikingr screenshots and divulge all secretzzzz information regarding Vikingr in the News // Article section! (Lookin' at you, River Pirate for the Vikingr Guide!) Everything that is added to the Mod DB site really, really does help the Vikingr team.

I don't understand this Desura thing...I downloaded the Desura installer and installed it...then I clicked on Desura icon and choose update...after this Desura said to me the following:

Desura : ERROR
Failed to update Desurar : 404 not found!

Can anybody help me to understand Desura magic...?

Cheers

Lily-Livered River Pirate said:
But the pressure!

You think I should put the Guide up on Mod DB and Desura? Or just a review/introduction of some sort (which I'll likely do anyway)?

All. Note; Mod DB and Desura share the same details... It doesn't matter which one you add stuff to.

Eiríkr Rauði said:
But the pressure!

You think I should put the Guide up on Mod DB and Desura? Or just a review/introduction of some sort (which I'll likely do anyway)?

All. Note; Mod DB and Desura share the same details... It doesn't matter which one you add stuff to.

So...do I need Desura or not for playing Vikingr in the future...? I don't mind updating Vikingr manually...

Halvar said:
Eiríkr Rauði said:
But the pressure!

So...do I need Desura or not for playing Vikingr in the future...? I don't mind updating Vikingr manually...

No. We'll still release text files.

Desura is for the super-lazy.  :lol:

Primetime is past, so there will probably be few people playing. The best time to play is 4pm EST, that's when the server peaks out for the most part.

Appreciated! Sounds fun, checking out the details now.

Update: Glad I read both the guides, sounds very differant, eager to test it out tommorow.

had a laugh at this:

Double: A little more complex, a slow child may have struggled with this in class

:grin: Nice use of diagrams for new people to the mod like myself!

No problem.

You'll probably find Vikingr to be very difficult at first, maybe even damn frustrating. All I can say is that you stick with it, have patience and allow the mod to blossom into its own gritty portrayal of dark age combat.  :eek:

Thanks, I will do :smile: - To be honest I can totally see why one would be inspired to make a MOD with such realism. The diagrams really hit home the issue of how tough things are going to be.

I am jumping on in 5 mins btw :smile:

Back
Top Bottom