Vikingr is NOT dead event | Temporarily stopped (more info in the thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry to hear! Although for me personally it's not a bad coincidence - I wasn't going to be able to attend the next two weeks. Is Hildileikr already kind of active? I hope that in the meantime people will be satisfied with playing there during the time of the event (7 PM GMT on Friday).

Feel better soon and I look forward to whenever you feel up to organizing again :smile:

Hello!
I would really like to join an event, I've been plaing Warband for a while and i'm looking forward towards playing with other people, in native, napoleonic wars, full invasion, vikingr, it really doesn't matter, i just want to play. however, it seems the enthusiasm for this game is quite dead, i feel really sorry about it. this is the most recent thread i could find staging an event. I wish i could try and check saturday night see if there's any activity, however, i have a problem.
i have the vikingr mod from here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/vikingr/downloads/vikingr-community-release-full-version
i have installed it, and i can only play a custom battle, i can't acces multiplayer and play with boots like in native. is this normal or did i do something wrong?
also: do you know of any clans still recruiting, or any groups active to this day, no matter the mod? i can play with english speaking players, french, and even germans though my german is very rusty

Hi. Although it is a wrong thread to look for help in, I will happily answer you :p

As far as I know, there are still plenty of events in NW. The community of this mod, however, moved to a different forum (fsegames.eu) so if you want to find clans and events for NW, I suggest you visit this site.

Apart from that, there is also Native community, but events do not seem to be very popular there. AFAIK, there are several tens of more or less active clans, as well as a few tournaments, where clans play matches against one another.

When it comes to other mods, it looks like PW servers are quite populated every evening, so maybe you should try finding a clan for this mod? If you don't know PW, it's some kind of a MMORPG on Warband engine (if I'm not wrong). There is also the Deluge mod, featuring wars in 17 century eastern Europe. There are always some people playing every evening, as well as larger events organized by Halsingland clan every Sunday with 50-150 players.

When it comes to Vikingr - random plays on a public server ended more than a year ago. There was a short comeback when the Community version was released, but it seems to be dead again. My event was being hosted from January to October this year, but to be honest, I lost enthusiasm to Vikingr for now, and am not planning to bring this event series back to life in the nearest future.

If you cannot play MP in Vikingr, you must have done something wrong, although it's not easy for me to see why. Hopefully other people here will be able to help you.

Médraut said:
Hello!
I would really like to join an event, I've been plaing Warband for a while and i'm looking forward towards playing with other people, in native, napoleonic wars, full invasion, vikingr, it really doesn't matter, i just want to play. however, it seems the enthusiasm for this game is quite dead, i feel really sorry about it. this is the most recent thread i could find staging an event. I wish i could try and check saturday night see if there's any activity, however, i have a problem.
i have the vikingr mod from here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/vikingr/downloads/vikingr-community-release-full-version
i have installed it, and i can only play a custom battle, i can't acces multiplayer and play with boots like in native. is this normal or did i do something wrong?
also: do you know of any clans still recruiting, or any groups active to this day, no matter the mod? i can play with english speaking players, french, and even germans though my german is very rusty

Hello and welcome, Médraut. Parsed relevant parts of your post in Bugs & Problems.

Sorry for a late reply. As far as I remember, there wasn't an event since the Community Vikingr release, but I guess that we could bring it back, at the beggining in the form of a public play without any special game modes, just to see if people are still interested. I would only need to adjust my Warband server to work on Vikingr. Once I'm ready I'll inform about it here, as well as in the event steamgroup

Back
Top Bottom