Vikingr is NOT dead event | Temporarily stopped (more info in the thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

u7u42UF.jpg

Introduction:
Hello, Vikings, Anglo-Saxons, Normans, Slavs and Celts! You might know me as Snorri from the Jomsborg clan. Having seen too much activity on the forum compared to activity in game, I came up with an idea to organize an event in Vikingr. Do you remember good old evenings on Hildileikr?  They were really nice to play. Just a casual battle with basic rules. Now we can reapeat it. But instead of spreading on different hours of different days, let's all meet at one certain hour once a week.

Game Information:
Server: Name: Vikingr weekly event. Number of slots: 70 (might be increased if we reach the limit, though)
TS: Due to nearly no-one using it, there is no event's TS at the moment. It might be brought back if there is enough people who want it.
Hour: 7 p.m. GMT (British time). It should allow both American players to join the game and avoid line battles in NW mods.
Day: Friday. Because of lower interest in the event, it is not hosted every Friday, so keep an eye on this thread or on the Steam group every Saturday to know if the event is going to happen that day or not.

Rules:
-Basic rules, such as no trolling, no teamkilling on purpose etc.
-Obey admin (it's sometimes necessary to put you in a team you don't want to be in, sorry)
-Try to follow the leader of your team. That's going to be useful both for you and other players, trust me :wink:

Process of the event:
1. At 6:40 the server is set up and players can join it to warm up before the game.
2. At 7:00 the event starts. There are usually 4-5 maps chosen before the event, and we play around 10-15 minutes rounds on each. In order to both keep balance and allow clans to keep together, the autobalance is set somewhere between 2 and 4, depending on a situation. Apart from battle, we might play something different, such as cavalry battle, cav vs inf, siege or gaint hunting.
3. At around 7:50-8:00 the event ends.
4. At 8:10 the server is closed.

Screenshots of the event:
Remember it'll be very appreciated if you post your own screenies from the event here! They'll be added to the list.
0zxAk2B.jpg
yUVWLW2.jpg
4B6PEi8.jpg
qm5YIPs.jpg
qvMfzYq.jpg
ZUIXBy6.jpg
Y6HTHXi.jpg
IzdyOth.png
nesl7UO.png
RCaliNv.png

Spread the word!:
There are many fans of Vikingr who still don't know the mod has some activity again. Spread the information about the event and get them back! Feel free to use these signatures. Also, you can make some signatures yourself! I'd be very grateful.

xwbWzs0.png
Code:
[url=https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,344214.0.html][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xwbWzs0.png[/IMG][/url]
6cSXTDP.png
Code:
[url=https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,344214.0.html][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6cSXTDP.png[/IMG][/url]

For any suggestions, questions and signing up as an admin please post here. See you on the battlefield! :grin:

Yeah I know this, but there are also battles at 8 or even 9 (NaS). 6 pm would be too early in my opinion, especially for Americans.

What's more: My clan, your beloved Jomsburgers, shall attend this event with around 10-25 members. Moreover, my Deluge clan might bring a small squad of Slavic warriors too. But we are waiting for Vikingr veterans too join, including you, Theodric :grin:

You know much, Theodric, too much....
:lol:
Yes, that's one of the 2 options. Don't worry, the TS will be for sure, but I don't know which one yet.

The only foreseeable problem that will be a recurrence is the fact that people who have bought Mount & Blade: Warband after a certain time won't be able to join this event nor play Vikingr at all.
Perhaps you could make a note of that in your thread so any new randoms that do want to play can see.

I don't know... I guess there are other threads about it, and putting such a thing could prevent some of the new players from actually checking if this mod is gonna run with their Warband.

Looks good. Too bad my laptop fried.

Getting a good turnup for a weekly event is an ambitious goal. Personally I'd go for once a month or a similar pattern.

But hey, it's your boat - see whether you get to sail or swim.

Wernicke said:
Looks good. Too bad my laptop fried.

Getting a good turnup for a weekly event is an ambitious goal. Personally I'd go for once a month or a similar pattern.

But hey, it's your boat - see whether you get to sail or swim.
You know, hosting a weekly even might be hard if you have strict rules (i.e. Shieldwall) but it gets easier if it's just some playing. The only thing I could worry about is attendance, I guess.
Btw, I'm pretty sure you've led a randomers squad on one of big events I attended as a randomer, most likely - Maldon.

Back
Top Bottom