Vikingr in Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

So I'd like to mod in Bannerlord and I just wanted to know
if any of the original developers would come back to create a
mod for Bannerlord about vikings and stuff.
Or will there be a new team created or somethin'.

Or maybe Persistent Sagas?

First of all, as I know the original developers except Thorkell have dropped the whole project.
Moeckerkalfie has left the team a few years ago and we haven't heared from him since.
Barabas is not active anymore either, but I am not sure about that.

Secondly, the Vikingr devopers weren't involved in Persistent Sagas.

(Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.)

Would be fun to make a Vikingr 2. Although I would like to step back a century in the next version to include the Carolingians and their weird equipment depicted in manuscripts.

Afternoon.

As an update to this thread (five years later), it was made to our attention recently that another group are using the Víkingr namesake in their own efforts to produce a mod for Bannerlord. Whilst they are obviously free to make their own version in the spirit of the original Víkingr found here in Warband, we thought it was relatively bad taste and poor form to ape the mod right down to the name. Thorkell was approached and asked about it a couple of months back, and as far as I recall he asked them not to use the name. As far as I care, Víkingr was a community endeavour with many excellent contributors over the years. The new team are free to use whatever assets they desire for Bannerlord (so long as credit for the original author is given!), however we would prefer that a new and different name is used - if only to preserve the memories of Víkingr and maintain its fine reputation as one of Warband's premier multiplayer experiences.

I will not share the link for the new Bannerlord mod, but it is easy enough to find.

I hope and trust that this message finds you all in good health and good spirits; from one old raider to another, skål!

Leifr.

Back
Top Bottom