Vikingr Community Release - Download Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Omzdog said:
Wow.
The fact that this is still being developed.
Wow.

It's not. The non-WSE version was made at least 4 months ago by Daedalus (aka Slavomir of Aaaaargh) who was the leader of the Deluge modding team, back when the Deluge was being developed.

vtz said:
Omzdog said:
Wow.
The fact that this is still being developed.
Wow.

It's not. The non-WSE version was made at least 4 months ago by Daedalus (aka Slavomir of Aaaaargh) who was the leader of the Deluge modding team, back when the Deluge was being developed.

It was made much longer than four months ago. Slawomir kindly offered to update Víkingr when Viking Conquest was released. Porky and I have sat on it since then.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
It was made much longer than four months ago. Slawomir kindly offered to update Víkingr when Viking Conquest was released. Porky and I have sat on it since then.

Thanks for clearing it up. This is why I wrote "at least 4 months ago" :wink:

Great news! Very grateful for the effort and I look forward to playing with you all on Hildileikr.

Hello, I watched a YouTube video of the mod recently and noticed that sound effects "low born orc" and other taunts in this mod were also present in a flash game called "1066" that was made years back. I didn't see any credits to the developers of this game and its sound files for which you are using its taunts sounds in the https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,286569.0.html thread. Maybe add them in so they get the appreciation they deserve for creating the sound files?

You must be new here. These taunts (that I've labelled "old taunts" in this thread) were iconic for Víkingr, and much fun was had trying to figure out what they were saying.

The taunts were indeed taken from said flash game, and removed for that reason when the old developers released their final version - I believe they were unable to get into contact with the creators and thus get the proper rights to use the sounds. In this "Community Release", I decided to put them back in to reach back to a more glorious time of Víkingr; I did not think to make any new credits aside from the old ones (since very little was done to the core module), but I shall remedy that by mentioning the source of the taunts.

It's good that we've got perceptive people like you who can cry out when there's a lack of credit.

Hi guys,

I was wondering how are you all doing and if some of you is still playing what I still consider the best mod for M&B:W.

It would be nice to meet you all on the battlefield again one of these nights :smile:

I wanted to put the module on the server - I ran into a problem about incompatibility with the version
Solution:
In the module.ini file, add the line
"compatible_multiplayer_version_no=1170"
And set "network_compatible = 1"
unknown.png

3748656604183c58.PNG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom