Vikingr clans

Users who are viewing this thread

Juholi said:
is this the right place to hire clan members? if it is i would like to ask something: is there any finnish clans or just clans i can go into? i hope that someone will accept me on their clan, thank you

to add to Fintan, just about every clan would like to see you in the field before they recruit you. You showed interest which is great, now to prove your skill in battle! A good way is to start with a real 11th century name:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,237364.0.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,216536.0.html

be sure to put that name in your forum profile so people can recognise you here (MP Nick).

Which faction is your favorite? Which weapons do you like to use. If you want to ride like a knight you might want to take a Norman/Rus name and join one of their clans. If you are Scottish, join the Gaells! It is up to you. Be active, fight well and help people. And clans will come to you.

Cheers, Hengie

That is a very helpful post, Hengwulf. However, he and his have since found a clan of Swedish Vikings, called the Brandungar. I reckon we can expect a clan thread soon.

Hengwulf said:
Juholi said:
is this the right place to hire clan members? if it is i would like to ask something: is there any finnish clans or just clans i can go into? i hope that someone will accept me on their clan, thank you

to add to Fintan, just about every clan would like to see you in the field before they recruit you. You showed interest which is great, now to prove your skill in battle! A good way is to start with a real 11th century name:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,237364.0.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,216536.0.html

be sure to put that name in your forum profile so people can recognise you here (MP Nick).

Which faction is your favorite? Which weapons do you like to use. If you want to ride like a knight you might want to take a Norman/Rus name and join one of their clans. If you are Scottish, join the Gaells! It is up to you. Be active, fight well and help people. And clans will come to you.

Cheers, Hengie
U can recognise me the name "Ognjen_the_Crazy." it's vikingr sort of a name that just popped on my mind  :razz: and i'm very active player in HRAFNABJÓÐR server! u can see me play there maybe if you are very active too  :mrgreen:

So I was looking at the other clan posts...Should a custom banner be included in the clan announcement post or is that feature no longer offered?

I'm searchin' for a band of brave warriors who will take me into their flock, and I'm willing to accept any invitation! (granted it's from a group of fine, agreeable folks from the Isles)

Víkingr clans are always recruiting, technically. However, most - if not all the long standing ones - work on a "we invite you" process, rather than a sign up or recruitment process. How Fir Áraig and most of the afore mentioned clans do this is by monitoring you ingame. How often you play, how you play, if you are mature, if you follow the server and community guidelines, etc.

Ultimately, show you love the mod, it's community and the history it represents and clans will be inclined to invite you.

All this said, asking to join a clan directly wouldn't hurt :smile:

Celtichugs said:
Víkingr clans are always recruiting, technically. However, most - if not all the long standing ones - work on a "we invite you" process, rather than a sign up or recruitment process. How Fir Áraig and most of the afore mentioned clans do this is by monitoring you ingame. How often you play, how you play, if you are mature, if you follow the server and community guidelines, etc.

Ultimately, show you love the mod, it's community and the history it represents and clans will be inclined to invite you.

I see, thank you Celt.

Celtichugs said:

and to help us see you, put your ingame under 'MP nick' in your profile. Otherwise we don't know who you are on the forums. Also, try an authentic name, but you might want to wait till you join a clan. ( so you know you want an Irish, Norse, Saxon, French or other name)

On the other hand, using a historical name in a particular language is bound to catch the attention of particular clans, so if you're interested in a specific faction you might want to go down that route.

Hello everyone!, My name is Edmund Wylde I am looking for a skilled and big Vikingr clan but they have to be Vikings ofcours!.

Hello Edmund. It is refreshing to see a new player with such enthusiasm.

Many of the older established groups in Víkingr recruit on an invitation-only basis. It is best to spend a few weeks (even months) on the official Víkingr server before making any approach towards recruitment.

That said, I am sure that Jómsvíkingar will take you in without much vetting. It's important that you behave yourself in the server, act with respect and with maturity. Otherwise I'll ban you.  :smile:

The Ragnarssynir would probably take him in without a lot of foreplay, too. That said, I would advise spending some time getting to know the community and the clans to see which one is more suitable for you, because once you get into a clan, switching to another one is practically unheard of.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Hello Edmund. It is refreshing to see a new player with such enthusiasm.

Many of the older established groups in Víkingr recruit on an invitation-only basis. It is best to spend a few weeks (even months) on the official Víkingr server before making any approach towards recruitment.

That said, I am sure that Jómsvíkingar will take you in without much vetting. It's important that you behave yourself in the server, act with respect and with maturity. Otherwise I'll ban you.  :smile:
Ah I understand well be ready to fight me then! Vikingr here I come!

Back
Top Bottom