Viking Swords!!

Users who are viewing this thread

I was wondering..
Why cant i buy a viking sword in Ribe.. i know that viking swords was very expensive and not all vikings had a viking sword, but they did made them in Denmark too, so why cant i buy one in Ribe ??

Im fine with it that it should be expensive just make it possible devs. to buy a sword in my Ribe please :smile:

best regards
Dennis

I don't know if area/faction specific items are implemented in this DLC, as far as I know, all marketplaces generate random inventory since Native. (?)

most factions have the same inventory, but some of them have their own unique items.  i can't remember if i ever saw one for sale in ribe but i do know i got a rich sword as a reward for winning the tournament there

Agree i got the same sword ass reward :smile:

yea many swords was made in the frankish.. but Denmark did also made their own, also in sweden and norway..

i was just wandering, becouse i have never seen a viking sword in Ribe to buy, but if its there some times i can go with that :grin:
maybe they should torn the 10 - 15 % a little bit up :wink:

Dennis

Asulador said:
I don't know if area/faction specific items are implemented in this DLC, as far as I know, all marketplaces generate random inventory since Native. (?)

They do. Weapons and goods vary by region and culture. Armour is harder to see cause VC has a limited selection.

E.g: try to find javelins, bows and crossbows.

Dennis The Great said:
I was wondering..
Why cant i buy a viking sword in Ribe.. i know that viking swords was very expensive and not all vikings had a viking sword, but they did made them in Denmark too, so why cant i buy one in Ribe ??

Im fine with it that it should be expensive just make it possible devs. to buy a sword in my Ribe please :smile:

best regards
Dennis

I guess a good solution for this would to simple craft a sword. Go to a npc and pay 20,000 (or whatever) and ask him for a viking sword. A blacksmith in Ribe and other areas. Each blacksmith only produces items from the culture of the region.

I was nearly sure that the Danes and Sweedes and Norwegiens made the best swords in the world in North Europe and had great steel and iron....

Franks made best chainmail and axes however ? aswell as good swords.

Scego said:
I was nearly sure that the Danes and Sweedes and Norwegiens made the best swords in the world in North Europe and had great steel and iron....

No. The Norse swords were of far lower quality due to the bog iron they had to use as resource to make them. That was the reason why the Frankish imports were so highly appreciated. Frankish metallurgy and the iron resources there were of superior quality compared to native northern iron and metallurgy.

DerGreif said:
Scego said:

No. The Norse swords were of far lower quality due to the bog iron they had to use as resource to make them. That was the reason why the Frankish imports were so highly appreciated. Frankish metallurgy and the iron resources there were of superior quality compared to native northern iron and metallurgy.

You sure ? Sweeden had large iron reserves and some of the best iron in Europe for years but mabye your right

Scego said:
DerGreif said:
Scego said:

You sure ? Sweeden had large iron reserves and some of the best iron in Europe for years but mabye your right

http://jenny-rita.org/Annestamanus.pdf

http://scholarworks.wmich.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1038&context=hilltopreview

I was only asking if i could buy a viking sword in Ribe, not who or where they make them in real life... yes ulfberht sword was a high quality sword, and was made in Frankish.. but Danish swedes and norwagiens made some fine swords too, when they got the iron from frankish or asia, the iron in scandinavia is mostly from the ground, and is not as good as the iron from mountains..

So swords made by iron from scandinavia wasnt the best quality, but not bad either.. :wink:
Whats the point of this tread is i just want to be able to buy swords from Ribe, i cant see why not, thats 100% realistic... so please dear devs. can you make it possible if its not already is :smile:

And Holgårdviking.. good point, i dont think they have made that sword.. i havent seen it...

Back
Top Bottom