OSP Dark Ages 3D Art Viking model pack(update september 2010)

Users who are viewing this thread

now I might ask stupid, but just how do I get this to work?  .. I downloaded it, and trew it in the native folder.. cant find it anywhere..  :S ..  just at this point im lost..   

I get eksample: "vikingmaterials.brf"  ..  and some more files ending on .brf ..    what do I do theN?  or just where do I need to place them to make them read in the game?

Chuck them into the "Resource" folder. I'm assuming you also got files ending in .dds? Throw those into the "Textures" folder. Both folders are in the Mod folder example ( Native Expansion\Resource and Native Expansion\Textures)

Then, there are two ways to procced:
1. Open the itemkinds1.txt. Copy an item entry and change the name and mesh reference and then the stats. Do this only if you know their values.

2. Use the item editor.
Clone an object(preferably something close to the item you're adding)
Change the mesh reference and the name... that sounds oddly similar to the above :lol:
Except changing the stats is easier using the Item Editor.

azzarol said:
how about some pattern welded swords?
viking swords aren't really a pressing issue, since the swords in mount and blade are pretty good.
i'm thinking about adding viking sabers and some seaxes though.

dejawolf said:
added the lamellar armour to the pack:

For whatever reason, Open BRF seems to have rigging problems with this armor. It doesn't like the rigging, and can't export or transfer it.

Septa Scarabae said:
dejawolf said:
added the lamellar armour to the pack:

For whatever reason, Open BRF seems to have rigging problems with this armor. It doesn't like the rigging, and can't export or transfer it.

could be because i used BRFedit to import it.
i was having huge problems getting it to look decent myself. i spent 2 hours importing and exporting to get the scale right, and get the hands to line up with the jacket pits.
but why are you trying to export it?

I wish I could mod these in but I have no skills at modding  :sad:

I guess I will have to just enjoy the pictures.

Lord Leoric of Wercheg said:
Chuck them into the "Resource" folder. I'm assuming you also got files ending in .dds? Throw those into the "Textures" folder. Both folders are in the Mod folder example ( Native Expansion\Resource and Native Expansion\Textures)

Then, there are two ways to procced:
1. Open the itemkinds1.txt. Copy an item entry and change the name and mesh reference and then the stats. Do this only if you know their values.

2. Use the item editor.
Clone an object(preferably something close to the item you're adding)
Change the mesh reference and the name... that sounds oddly similar to the above :lol:
Except changing the stats is easier using the Item Editor.
Can't you try that?

Back
Top Bottom