OSP Dark Ages 3D Art Viking model pack(update september 2010)

Users who are viewing this thread

dejawolf

Knight
M&BWB
backside of the viking shield:

vikingskjoldbak.JPG

Life_Erikson

Master Knight
M&BWBNWVC
dejawolf said:

vikingskjoldbak.JPG

I promise, that you will get problems with those nails if you want to fight with it.
They will soon get loose and fall of.

I recommend using flatwashers so you can bend the nails thighter.

dejawolf

Knight
M&BWB
Life_Erikson said:
dejawolf said:

vikingskjoldbak.JPG

I promise, that you will get problems with those nails if you want to fight with it.
They will soon get loose and fall of.

I recommend using flatwashers so you can bend the nails thighter.

well, those are hand-forged Nails, who have been hardened. they'll break before they bend.

Yarrum

Knight at Arms
WBM&BVC
Can you explain the process to me? I've done a ton of searching on the forum but never found a decent explanation.

Yarrum

Knight at Arms
WBM&BVC
Thanks, works perfectly. Some of the stuff doesn't look as nice as it would edited by hand, but that's fine.

Cellachson

Sorry to be a pain in the arse, but when I'm loading the shields up into Warband, their textures are being distorted. All I see is the wooden back on both sides and skewed so the top left and bottom right have the rim stretched and black on the edges.

Being the lazy git I am, I edited the Huskarl shield line to read:

itm_tab_shield_round_e Huscarl's_Round_Shield Huscarl's_Round_Shield 1  leathershield_large 0  65543 5100273664 430 167772194 4.500000 100 0 19 0 0 410 81 0 50 0 0 0

So is it my failure at the code or is my vikingarmour.brf broken?

Thanks for anyhelp.

Farawyn

yes i had the self problem, you just have to use a shield thats NOT heraldic so a shield that dont show your own banner, like the steel shield.

Cellachson

Ah! Working perfectly now :smile:

Thanks for your help. Now my character looks simply epic =D

Cellachson

Sorry to be a further pest, but is anyone seeing a nose and  such poking out of the Vendel helm when used for men? Seems fine on women?

Mazth

Recruit
WB
Has one a WB compatible code available?
The codes provided in the first post seem to be for MB.
I coud look into porting myself but a copy-paste would ofc be a lot easier.

EDIT: Compiling problems seems to pertain to the spears only. The rest of the code compiles fine. *SOLVED*

Yorker

Veteran
When I open the BRF files in OpenBRF I only get textures when viewing "vendelhelmets" and "vikingarmour".

When I open "vikingclothes", "vikingweapons" or "vikinghelmets"... just that pretty white and purple checkered pattern.

Any help?

Mazth

Recruit
WB
It has been months ago when I worked on this, but I remember that some of the textures were missing and some were mislabeled.
If I recall correctly the noble shirt texture was missing and the vikingclothes texture should be vikingclothes1 (or fix reference in brf file)

The problem/solution should probably be in that direction though having all the files in the right folder ofc always helps :wink:
Warband/mod work did not made it into the last reinstall of my system so I can't check the details.
If you really can't make it work, just leave a msg, but I can't promise I'll have the time and motivation to look into it. Had most of the pack working in my game at some point tho.

Federick421

Squire
do you have any hewing spears as the viking sagas often have their heroes use them. Hewing spears can be used to both cut and thrust

Top Bottom