Viking Conquest Update 1.04 (released)

Users who are viewing this thread

wilsonst said:
But recently I chose to turn off rest for moral because it really slows the game down. For instance if your following your marshal and its a seize campaign, you cant even make it through the wait without having to rest somewhere. If we're waiting then we're resting. The rest needed feature should only be counted when your army is moving. jmho
Just modified it for the add-on to allow a little relief while camping. I suppose one could test for spacebar down as well. Thanks for the suggestion.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
image.png
This is a joke, or you kidding? I am resigned to the fact that the elite units are maximum 98 Penning, but this is beyond the pale. All my money is spent on the maintenance of troops. I can not afford a new vehicle or a sword for a companion. I have 2 of the city, the castle and the village, several manufactories and I only have enough money to fill the loss, I do not dream about his own kingdom because I have to fuss over each coin. I do not have hordes of ravenous Vikings or mercenaries, but just a little bit of the elite and the majority of medium infantry. How to do that would come out in the budget plus? If need be I will upload the save.

Petro Buleka said:
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
image.png
This is a joke, or you kidding? I am resigned to the fact that the elite units are maximum 98 Penning, but this is beyond the pale. All my money is spent on the maintenance of troops. I can not afford a new vehicle or a sword for a companion. I have 2 of the city, the castle and the village, several manufactories and I only have enough money to fill the loss, I do not dream about his own kingdom because I have to fuss over each coin. I do not have hordes of ravenous Vikings or mercenaries, but just a little bit of the elite and the majority of medium infantry. How to do that would come out in the budget plus? If need be I will upload the save.
The money you get from ransoming lords and selling prisoners has been nerfed so severely that I'm in the same boat as you right now. If they just chose between increasing the maintenance of troops or reducing the money you get from selling prisoners (but not touching the ransom price of lords...they're lords they should have to spend a good amount for their release), things would probably be fine but going for both makes it a constant chore to maintain a credible fighting force particularly when enemy AI armies are just as strong as before (at least on Good Campaign AI). This is pretty much the only problem I have with an otherwise great patch. :sad:

Phoenix VII said:

Lord ransom depends on that lord power. If you capture a landless good-for-nothing lord they wont pay much to have him back  :razz:

Check your game and list the following:

- Lord fiefs (villages, castles, towns)
- Lord renown
- Lord wealth (how much cash he has now)
- Lord title (is he still a king?)

Cheers

kalarhan said:
Lord ransom depends on that lord power. If you capture a landless good-for-nothing lord they wont pay much to have him back  :razz:
Try to capture a king next time and check the difference
He is the king of Connachta and lord of the Capital. They have made me the second sentence with the same amount. I'd rather rot in prison this bastard than accept such a price. Although it is likely he will execute an escape :facepalm:.

Petro Buleka said:
kalarhan said:
- Lord wealth (how much cash he has now)
How do I know this?

hum I would use the MnBSaveGameEditor to check it (or add a message with the lord wealth to the game, but that is modding  :wink:).

Open your savegame and check his fortune. If the game says they should pay 10.000 for the king but he only has 500 penning left... you better wait until he gets more rents lol

Petro Buleka said:
kalarhan said:
Try to capture a king next time and check the difference
He is the king of Connachta and lord of the Capital. They have made me the second sentence with the same amount. I'd rather rot in prison this bastard than accept such a price. Although it is likely he will execute an escape :facepalm:.

Post your savegame, I will check. It's possible he raised an army before you captured him and used up all his money for that.

Adorno said:
In the Chronicle of Erik (Erikskrönikan) which is fairly reliable on the political situation in Scandinavia at the time,
we read about 3 distinct kingdoms - Norway, Sweden and Denmark - with a Norwegian king acting completely independent from Denmark.
This is around year 1300. So for many years up until the union with Denmark Norway was an independent kingdom,
and with a military to be reckoned with, especially the fleet which was still the backbone of the army at the time.

NB: Shakespeare could not have written a more thrilling and gripping story than that of Erikskrönikan.

One should remember that Norway up until 1250-1295 (something like that) was very much also in the Western Isles of Scotland, Iceland and Greenland. I think it was the war with Scotland over the Hebrides and the Hanseatic League that kind of ended an true independent Norway. Only to return after they succeeded in 1905.

Hi guys. I noticed after I started a new sandbox campaign with a pagan norse, that many cities and villages (didnt check them all), pagans were in majority. Then, I started a new campaign again with a christian character and the faith status of the cities and villages changed to christians are tolerated here. Is that correct? Keep on with the good work.

Greetings!

Garcilasso said:
Hi guys. I noticed after I started a new sandbox campaign with a pagan norse, that many cities and villages (didnt check them all), pagans were in majority. Then, I started a new campaign again with a christian character and the faith status of the cities and villages changed to christians are tolerated here. Is that correct? Keep on with the good work.

Greetings!

The message reflects your religion. If you are pagan, a example would be:

- City has 80% Christians -> pagans are tolerated
- City has 60% Christians -> pagans are accepted
- City has 45% Christians -> pagans are majority

and so on

TLDR: tolerated means your religion has very few supporters in that place

Petro Buleka said:
JuJu70 said:
Post your savegame, I will check. It's possible he raised an army before you captured him and used up all his money for that.
He is now in prison of Dun Breatain https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwxgf2mJZd46Qzh2N1VuY1lvd1E/view?usp=sharing

right now he has 1058 pennings/silver/coins/cash.

I used infinite camp to wait for a few weeks. After it he had 10,000 and the ransom was 7,300

After 3 weeks they offered 4,100 for Tiarna Tadge Mac Conchobar. On a second attempt (reload the game) they offered 2,000 ish for him after 2 weeks.

TLDR: poor king, poor ransom

I cant see any patch - only a
new complete version - ideas?

P.S.: Its now the third time
i download a M&B complete
game and the download
never really finishes!

I assume this has been sent to GOG too? Been waiting a while so I hope so.

BKGaming said:
I assume this has been sent to GOG too? Been waiting a while so I hope so.

cant you guys from GoG download from TaleWorlds site? Just a thought.

Kaal979 said:
i download a M&B complete
game and the download
never really finishes!
:smile:
It will end when the game stops getting updates and fixes. I am happy it is still not finished  :wink:, as we are getting more stuff!

Petro Buleka said:
kalarhan, thanks for the info. But I would have executed this bastard than agreed on such money! :evil:
7000 coins is not good enough?  :shock:

kalarhan said:
He's the King, and owns the city. And for 7000 I can not even buy a horse. 10,000 no less! So the war brings nothing but losses. And after they insulted me twice, offering 500 coins I have to take a measly 7000?

Petro Buleka said:
kalarhan said:
He's the King, and owns the city. And for 7000 I can not even buy a horse. 10,000 no less! So the war brings nothing but losses. And after they insulted me twice, offering 500 coins I have to take a measly 7000?

got to love it  :grin:

Petro Buleka said:
kalarhan said:

alright, the system works, you are just unhappy with the amount. That is a balance issue, not a bug then. Also there is no "capital", its either  town, castle or village for the bonus.

It seems that in your opinion a King should be worth more than a good horse. Ok  :grin:

Btw it is quite easy to tweak... if you want to visit the tweaks thread.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom