Viking Conquest Update 1.04 (released)

Users who are viewing this thread

Idibil said:
usnavy30 said:
Could we get clarification what exactly the Warlords game mode is? When this update comes out of beta I'd like to try it.

Own warlord mode has a info about this. It is a mode where player can "buy" an army and fight vs other player.
That sounds awesome, like commander battle for Native-based module. I am so tempted to try the 1.04 update right now. When it comes out of beta that would be some interesting gameplay.

kalarhan said:
Idibil said:
usnavy30 said:
Could we get clarification what exactly the Warlords game mode is? When this update comes out of beta I'd like to try it.

Own warlord mode has a info about this. It is a mode where player can "buy" an army and fight vs other player.

Tordiato said:

I've noticed that when you have a lot of fiefs, then it doesn't show the bottom line with "Net change, Earlier wealth, New wealth" under it. Why is that? I know I can look into Kingdom's Report and see the informations about economy there, but why it's no more showing in the weekly budget when you own a lot of fiefs? I never now how much income I'm going to get or lose because of that. Is there a good reason why it's not showing up?

Savegame?
@Idibil: I created a quick test game using cheats and once I had a few fiefs the report broke at the "Kingdom Tributes" just like the screens from the report. Kind looks like a native bug when calculating the ":cur_y" variable. I didnt try to tweak it tho...

Cheers

Ok, maybe we need to add some :lines.

Wheem said:
Tordiato said:
- It looks like that Danish Elite Vikingr & Northmathr Vikingr icons/images aren't right when you recruit them: (if you talk to them, their icon/image changes to the right one)
http://i.imgur.com/xESiG6G.jpg
As long as the equipment shown on the character is something that they can actually have on the battlefield, it's not different from native. For instance, if you train up one Swadian Knight, he might appear in the party window as having mail and a Hunter horse, but if the character you talk to shows up as having a Coat of Plates and Warhorse, then afterwards that's what he'll be equipped with in the party menu as well.

Edit:
Very minor issue: In a new 1.04 beta storyline game, recruiting in Frisian villages says that X-number of Frisians (Fresen) are willing to join me for Y-price, but in my party they show up as Frisians (Husmo).

Edit2:
In a different village (the one furthest to the west), it correctly referred to them by the Frisian (Husmo) name in the recruitment screen.

Equipament - Exact.

Minor issue: Sorry, latest beta update has a problem with strings. Fixed for next update.

Drustagnos said:
Minor Issue:

When I became Lord of a Port Town and had to make decisions based on various scenarios, for example one man chops down some trees blocking his cart route, but they were trees planted by another mans dead father. Anyway, when I choose an option, I get the predicted benefits (Reputation or something), however the text that comes up on the screen is like the exact opposite of the decision I made.

It does not happen just with these scenarios as well. For example when some Young Norsemen wanted to join my party I allowed them and they did, however a text box came up saying my men chased them away or something. Just a minor issue :smile:

This should be fixed in today's update (some strings were messed up) :smile: I and wilsonst already reported this issue days ago:

Idibil said:
kalarhan said:
this is a bug with the text displayed: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,327602.msg7770616.html#msg7770616, they are looking into it as it was reported yesterday.

Cheers

Fixed for next beta 1.04 update.

/* EDIT - Question about new update * /

Idibil said:
kalarhan said:
Idibil said:
Tordiato said:

I've noticed that when you have a lot of fiefs, then it doesn't show the bottom line with "Net change, Earlier wealth, New wealth" under it. Why is that? I know I can look into Kingdom's Report and see the informations about economy there, but why it's no more showing in the weekly budget when you own a lot of fiefs? I never now how much income I'm going to get or lose because of that. Is there a good reason why it's not showing up?

Savegame?
@Idibil: I created a quick test game using cheats and once I had a few fiefs the report broke at the "Kingdom Tributes" just like the screens from the report. Kind looks like a native bug when calculating the ":cur_y" variable. I didnt try to tweak it tho...

Cheers

Ok, maybe we need to add some :lines.

I guess that this thing didn't make it in today's update?? Because it's still not showing up :smile:

Tordiato said:
Drustagnos said:
Minor Issue:

When I became Lord of a Port Town and had to make decisions based on various scenarios, for example one man chops down some trees blocking his cart route, but they were trees planted by another mans dead father. Anyway, when I choose an option, I get the predicted benefits (Reputation or something), however the text that comes up on the screen is like the exact opposite of the decision I made.

It does not happen just with these scenarios as well. For example when some Young Norsemen wanted to join my party I allowed them and they did, however a text box came up saying my men chased them away or something. Just a minor issue :smile:

This should be fixed in today's update (some strings were messed up) :smile: I and wilsonst already reported this issue days ago:

Idibil said:
kalarhan said:
wilsonst said:
I just got my first castle as a vassal of E. Angle and I believe a lot of the scenario's when dealing with the population seem flawed. for example two women are claiming ownership of a newborn, one rich, one poor. I gave the child to the poor one but the results were the rich one got it and I lost castle rep. A lot of the other scenario's will give you the opposite message even though the results are mixed. almost hate going into my own castle.

this is a bug with the text displayed: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,327602.msg7770616.html#msg7770616, they are looking into it as it was reported yesterday.

Cheers

Fixed for next beta 1.04 update.

Ahh thanks for the reply friend! It seems you can get Danish Elite Vikings to join based on renown just happened now so deleted post.

So for some reason when I click on Bal Scuin West and my party arrive at it, I am thrown into battle in the village with a dozen of me duplicated and i'm battling against my own Party. When I die it says that I was unable to beat the Bandits/Villagers (Can't remember). I have the latest update for the beta (one that was put up today).

EDIT: Ok, so from that save it happened with all towns I went to, however after the first town and I lose this weird battle against my own party, the village then becomes "Looted" and so far it's fine now, I can visit enemy towns and raid as usual.

B86BED96BE91791725E01F6D9597CD95F9A5BBEB

091FFAF23C5454BFF331E7AC285DC3FC796D8B53

Drustagnos said:
So for some reason when I click on Bal Scuin West and my party arrive at it, I am thrown into battle in the village with a dozen of me duplicated and i'm battling against my own Party. When I die it says that I was unable to beat the Bandits/Villagers (Can't remember). I have the latest update for the beta (one that was put up today).

EDIT: Ok, so from that save it happened with all towns I went to, however after the first town and I lose this weird battle against my own party, the village then becomes "Looted" and so far it's fine now, I can visit enemy towns and raid as usual.

B86BED96BE91791725E01F6D9597CD95F9A5BBEB

091FFAF23C5454BFF331E7AC285DC3FC796D8B53

savegame? Can you post it on dropbox or similar and add link here?

I don't know, I think Im throwing in the white towel on 104 beta. After over 700 days I am a vassal of Angle and have a standing army of 120 men. mostly mid and upper tier which I acquired almost entirely from prisoners. Ive got rep with lords out the wazoo and still can only get low level troops.  I have one castle/fort with 200 hundred men mostly mid, some upper and some lower tier. I just got attacked by a force of 750 troops so I move my standing army into the fort giving me a force of over 300 and not the rabble. I figured I was going to lose but the final death toll surprised me. I had more dead and wounded then the enemy and I was the one holding the choke point, which was one ladder. No way that should happen even if I was using washer women to hold the choke point. Now its going to take me forever to build back up..............

no, I love playing this game to much to auto anything. However I am playing with everything set to hard including stamina and incumbency and no easy recruit. Only thing I don't use is insane. I had one reinforcement and fought off 4 waves. I don't remember the exact numbers but I had about 250 to 260 casualties while they had slightly less. I was truly expecting a 2 to 1 ratio at the least. I haven't thrown in the towel though because Im still pissed off at the Saxons for taking my castle so I now Im out to make their lives miserable. :twisted:

- Quest: Move Cattle Herd to Dorestad - I took that quest from Cantwaraburh and when I sailed few metres, this script error showed up and the quest was accomplished immediately (I didn't need to go to Dorestad)
http://i.imgur.com/RyxcYoV.jpg

- I'm randomly losing 1 reputation every day (in-game). What is behind/causing that?

JuJu70 said:
- I'm randomly losing 1 reputation every day (in-game). What is behind/causing that?

savegame?

There you go:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5dr0ac14z6n9bz/sg00.sav?dl=0

Tordiato said:
- Quest: Move Cattle Herd to Dorestad - I took that quest from Cantwaraburh and when I sailed few metres, this script error showed up and the quest was accomplished immediately (I didn't need to go to Dorestad)
http://i.imgur.com/RyxcYoV.jpg

I had the same quest from Dunwic (to deliver Cattle to Dorestad) and the same thing happened.

wilsonst said:
no, I love playing this game to much to auto anything. However I am playing with everything set to hard including stamina and incumbency and no easy recruit. Only thing I don't use is insane. I had one reinforcement and fought off 4 waves. I don't remember the exact numbers but I had about 250 to 260 casualties while they had slightly less. I was truly expecting a 2 to 1 ratio at the least. I haven't thrown in the towel though because I'm still pissed off at the Saxons for taking my castle so I now I'm out to make their lives miserable. :twisted:
I don't even remember making a scene with just 1 choke point/ladder.  :smile:
You must have been very unlucky.

Helmets with hair and 2 handed axes  :grin:
This DLC  is definitely getting there and was worth investing in. :mrgreen:

Do we have to start a new game?
And like the guy below said, freelancer would be good next  :roll: :party:

They'd need to code in their own freelancer or release the source code so someone can port it up to VC. They can't just implement the current Freelancer mod as it's...well...a mod. They can't profit off other peoples works, hence why some people were disappointed with the release of the module.

Maybe this has been reported but when asking to visit a daughter after I garnered considerable rep with a lord, I am told in so many words that it would be fine yet I still have to sneak in with the nurse. I'll ask the lord again and I'll be able to visit freely once then I have to sneak in the next time I visit. also the favor quests for the said daughter have a time limit I think of 30 days and I actually comepleted it a year later and it still counted. playing 104beta

Back
Top Bottom